ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-1st-gen-1999-2003-182/)
-   -   2002 RX AC,screen, radio and temperature gauge not working (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-1st-gen-1999-2003/907973-2002-rx-ac-screen-radio-and-temperature-gauge-not-working.html)

Tigerblue7 01-02-19 11:03 AM

2002 RX AC,screen, radio and temperature gauge not working

AC,screen, radio and temperature gauge not working! Help

salimshah 01-02-19 12:33 PM

Check the fuses.

Salim

Tigerblue7 01-02-19 01:01 PM

Lexus 2002

fuses ok and changed out screen and still does not work. What next help

Nad1370 01-02-19 03:12 PM

Well on the radio side, you mentioned you checked all the fuses.
Assuming you just didnt pull out and looked at the fuses and used a test light or some sort to check if you actually got power flowing to those fuses with the key ON.
Next is to check if you have power going into the radio.
The multi screen display gets its power from the radio.
No power to the radio = no screen display.
Also check grounds as well.
Without ground, the radio will not work either.
Temp gauge and/or AC might be on a different circuit but im not 100% sure.

Tigerblue7 01-04-19 10:30 AM

Lexus 300rx 2002

Mechanic took radio out and checked all fuses and wiring. When he put radio back it worked. Still no AC , tem gage and no screen. Mechanic changed screen out and still did not work! Help Help

Nad1370 01-04-19 04:32 PM

2 fuses you need to check for the Nav screen.
10 amp dome
7.5 amp Radio no.2
If those 2 fuses are good, your mechanic needs to check if there is power flowing to the nav unit.
He needs a wiring diagram to pin point which power wire it is to the nav connector.
This would be my next step if it was me.

RX469 01-07-19 09:09 AM

To clarify, when you say the mechanic changed the screen out, do you mean he changed out the actual LCD screen or the whole assembly unit?

Tigerblue7 03-12-19 08:54 AM

Radio and ac. Door locks not working!

checked all fuses and are ok. Went to dealer and found out it was a ground wire that was the problem. Said it was water on it . $500 repair and all is ok. In case anyone has the same problem

jfmcnabb 08-28-19 12:15 PM

My wife's did the same thing, she had been fussing about a clicking noise as well for a few weeks. It all came back to the A/C servo. It took a few hours but I was able to take the servo out, take it apart and slide a little metal "coupler" on the servo motor shaft about 1/32 to 1/8 of an inch toward the end of the motor shaft. The coupler works it's way down over time and the worm gear doesn't engage the other gears. There are contact points on the main gear that tells the motor where it is and what it needs to do. If the motor isn't turning because the worm gear won't engage the motor fails to communicate with it's self and that causes the whole system to just shut down. Yes, a little piece of metal about the size of the exposed lead on a pencil slid down 1/32" over time and this caused all these problems!!! You can take it to a dealer and they will replace the servo $300-$400 or you can just take a few hours after you watch a youtube or two and do it yourself for the amazing price of $0.00... Up to you.