RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Doors lock and unlock when RX300 is started

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-18, 04:06 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Doors lock and unlock when RX300 is started

I just bought my uncle a used 1999 Lexus RX300 and I've been doing a lot of maintenance and repairs to it before I give it to him. One strange issue I have is that when I start the car it will lock and unlock the doors, which is odd cause it doesn't do it on my father's 2001 RX300. Also the alarm goes off every time I use the remote to unlock the doors and open the door to enter. I did replace all the door lock actuators since the drivers side door wasn't working, and that allowed me to program a new key for it since the previous owner gave me one working and one that was destroyed.

Otherwise everything else is fine, and I can lock the car with the remote with no issue, or lock it using the buttons on the doors. I did remove the rear hatch handle as that was also broken and I took it off to fix it. I'll put it back tomorrow but the only wires on it are for the license plate lights.
Old 10-14-18, 05:05 AM
owenstrawn
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

There appears to be something squirrelly about these aftermarket actuators. I also put in one, and that door is acting weird. If I close that door with the ignition on it unlocks all doors twice.
Old 10-15-18, 06:48 AM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

I doubt it. Cause when I lock the doors with my remote, it locks and that's it. But when I unlock and open the door the alarm sometimes goes off. There's also other issues like the dome light flickers a little and the brightness setting for the stereo keeps resetting to not max. Something seems wrong, like maybe a bad ground wire I think?
Old 10-15-18, 09:41 AM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

After closer inspection I noticed that the doors double unlock just by opening and closing the door. Which I found this thread and yea probably incompatible aftermarket door locks. Which really sucks cause I took the time to replace all four door locks even though only the front drivers side was bad. Now I gotta take apart the doors and replace the locks back to the originals, except I threw away the front drivers side lock cause it was bad either way. ***** me sideways, that took a long time to do.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...le-unlock.html
Old 10-26-18, 01:55 PM
owenstrawn
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Can confirm that my alarm goes off when I key unlock the pass door [replaced with Amazon actuator, remote works, double unlocks everything whenever pass door is closed with ignition on). Alarm going off and reset did not fix the double unlock.

Could this have something to do with the CBEST settings? I had mine changed years ago so that one click on the remote opens all doors...
Old 10-26-18, 04:38 PM
Dukenukemx
Pit Crew

I solved my problem. I left the rear door actuators I put in alone, but put back the original front right actuator. The front left I put in this Ebay part. Though it could be I also didn't pay attention to my installation and didn't put both the clear plastic hooks in. The front actuators have two plastic hooks that you have to carefully align correctly otherwise the system flips out. Rear ones don't have two, they have one cause they don't have key entry. If the key hook doesn't move with the electronic hook, then the system will try to double unlock and will sound the alarm cause the key hook is still locked or unlocked when it should be moving along with the electronic hook.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Left-...53.m2749.l2649