RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

RX300 Keyless entry not working with new actuator

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-20, 08:42 PM
MiaGonza
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same Issue - Solutions Not Working

Originally Posted by AndyV
Yes,
I tried everything several times from adding, deleting, re-programing my remote but nothing worked until I tried the following:
​​​​​​1) Lock your doors with the key on the driver's side door, then wait until the red security light goes from constant on to blinking (about one minute) this sets the alarm...
2) Go to the passengers door and unlock it with the key and open the door, this will set off the alarm then close the door and go around to the driver's door...
3) Unlock it with the key then open it, while it's open use your remote's unlock button and that should stop the alarm and activate your remote... Good luck
I tried this and the other previous sequences for engaging the alarm and using the remote to "sync" with the pesky Front Passenger Door Lock. My alarm disengaged at step 3 when I unlocked the Driver's Door with key, and clicking the key fob had no result.

It should be mentioned that when I unlock the Front Passenger Door with the key in the door my lock turns halfway between lock and unlock (I am able to open the door), but I can't move the lock once it is in this in between state.

Would love the help if anyone has recommendations or other successful sequences
Old 07-22-20, 07:50 AM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts

Originally Posted by MiaGonza
I tried this and the other previous sequences for engaging the alarm and using the remote to "sync" with the pesky Front Passenger Door Lock. My alarm disengaged at step 3 when I unlocked the Driver's Door with key, and clicking the key fob had no result.

It should be mentioned that when I unlock the Front Passenger Door with the key in the door my lock turns halfway between lock and unlock (I am able to open the door), but I can't move the lock once it is in this in between state.

Would love the help if anyone has recommendations or other successful sequences
I suspect that something went wrong with the assembly process or there is mechanical binding. There is mechanical and electro-mechanical forces involved with door lock.
If you are willing, disconnect the battery and see if the mechanical side is working properly. Properly -> smoothly with minimal effort.

One "should" not need to mess with the programming part when dealing with locks.

Salim

Old 08-13-20, 09:54 AM
Toolman40
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyV
Yes,
I tried everything several times from adding, deleting, re-programing my remote but nothing worked until I tried the following:
​​​​​​1) Lock your doors with the key on the driver's side door, then wait until the red security light goes from constant on to blinking (about one minute) this sets the alarm...
2) Go to the passengers door and unlock it with the key and open the door, this will set off the alarm then close the door and go around to the driver's door...
3) Unlock it with the key then open it, while it's open use your remote's unlock button and that should stop the alarm and activate your remote... Good luck
AndyV,

Thanks for the quick and easy summary...tried everything for multiple weeks and this ended up being the fix. Appreciate it!

Last edited by Toolman40; 08-13-20 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-29-23, 07:01 PM
BlueCrabby
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thegrouse
I wanted to update this for the next person who has trouble with the keyless entry fob not working after a door lock actuator replacement on a RX300. I read through 22 pages of the actuator thread and found somebody had a similar issue and it they disassembled and reassembled and it started working. I went outside to check the lock operation to see how smooth it was. When I opened the door the car alarm started honking the horn. I do not drive this vehicle much and I had no idea it had a factory car alarm or how it got set. It may have been when I entered the diagnostic mode for the transmitter. When the alarm started sounding off I used the key fob and it stopped the honking. It began working. I cycled several lock/unlock cycles and it works great. I am still not sure what happened but I will take it. Good luck.

I know this is a very old thread, but I want to thank you for your advice. It fixed my remote problem within seconds.

I spent days trying to figure out what the problem was. All actuators and switches were functioning properly.

Then I saw your post. I followed it. Locked the RX300 manually. Used the mechanical key to open the passenger door. The alarm went off. Walked to the driver's door and opened it with the mechanical key. Alarm went off. Closed the door. The remote's lock/unlock buttons started working immediately. That literally took less than 30 seconds. Tried it a few more times today and everything still worked great!

Thanks again!