RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

It's official... took delivery of my Audi TT last night...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-02, 10:48 AM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's official... took delivery of my Audi TT last night...

It's been a pleasure hanging around here during my RX ownership, and I'm sure I'll continue to come back because I definately still have a "thing" for the RX!

I'm sure I'll more often be on the audiworld.com TT forum instead though now, as last night I took delivery of my '01 225hp Quattro Coupe... Silver, black leather, stratmosphere carbon fiber tipped spoiler, Borla exhaust, and get this... as it turns out the car even has aftermarket blue neon undercar glow! Not really my thing, but I gotta say it's kinda cool lookin...

Thank you to everyone for all the tips/advice/helpful hints/ and fun around here!

CK
Old 12-17-02, 11:35 AM
audilex
Driver School Candidate

See you over on the Audi forums!

--
2002 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQM
1999 Lexus RX300
Old 12-17-02, 10:38 PM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

Default Re: It's official... took delivery of my Audi TT last night...

i also have a audi and im johnsa4 on audiworld. U will find a lot of friendly owners over there. Remeber if the car dont already have a chip, u should do that right away. An easy 250hp+ upgrade!

Originally posted by CK1_RX3
m sure I'll more often be on the audiworld.com TT forum instead though now, as last night I took delivery of my '01 225hp Quattro Coupe... Silver, black leather, stratmosphere carbon fiber tipped spoiler, Borla exhaust, and get this... CK
Old 12-18-02, 01:57 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Congradulations on your new Audi CK1_RX3. Quattro will be nice in the rain, and fun in the snow Show me some pictures of your new ride...if no one else cares to see them just PM and and I'll send you my email. The TT has a sexy body
Old 12-18-02, 11:31 AM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

[i] Show me some pictures of your new ride...if no one else cares to see them just PM and and I'll send you my email. The TT has a sexy body [/B]
I'd love to post pics here if others would be interested in seeing my new ride, but I don't want to carry on taking up bandwidth with too much non-RX content in the RX forum! I never did post any pics of my RX the whole time I was here, but maybe kutscher will end up posting some at some point during his ownership of the vehicle.

I don't have a digicam, but I may be able to borrow one from work... Otherwise I'll just take some 35 mm photos and scan them, but that'll take me a week or so... Either way, I'll PM you LexRX so I can e-mail them to you when I have them... and I'll post them on the TT forum at AudiWorld with a link from this thread if others here care to see them.

JohnsRX I didn't know you have an Audi too?!! The only posts I've seen from you are mad stories about your RX - you're a speed demon man! What model do you drive? The people over at AudiWorld seem just as friendly as everybody here! Oh yeah, about that chip, I plan to go w/ APR's 93 oct program, but probalby not until I start feeling the need for even more power... Since the TT is a HUGE step up from the RX it seems like plenty of power to keep me happy for the moment! This is what my face looks like every time I hit the acclerator when the turbo kicks in
Old 12-18-02, 11:03 PM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

I have a 00' A4 1.8T with GIAC chip and custom cat-back exhaust. I have been known to beat chipped 225 TTs in a drag race!!=) Good to know u are getting APR, if u are in the SoCal area, let me know. I organize mountain drives there for our cars every couple months or so.

.JohnsRX I didn't know you have an Audi too?!! The only posts I've seen from you are mad stories about your RX - you're a speed demon man! What model do you drive? The people over at AudiWorld seem just as friendly as everybody here! Oh yeah, about that chip, I plan to go w/ APR's 93 oct program, but probalby not until I start feeling the need for even more power... Since the TT is a HUGE step up from the RX it seems like plenty of power to keep me happy for the moment! This is what my face looks like every time I hit the acclerator when the turbo kicks in
Old 12-19-02, 11:05 AM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Everything I've read/heard says APR is the way to go...

I believe that you beat chipped 225 TT's in drag races... if I'm not mistaken the A4 is a bit lighter giving it a little better power/weight ratio... plus much of any kind of racing is dependent upon the driver.

I've never driven an A4 - how do you fair against a 225 TT in the twisties?

What #'s is your chipped A4 putting to the ground?

The TT isn't exactly a strip built drag car - it's a total package... Speed, agility, luxury, style, etc... but that said the 1.8T is certainly a great engine for mods - upgraded turbo, FMIC, header, performance exhaust/cat systems, downpipe, and of course chipping.

Thanks for the offer on the mountain drives - I'd love that... unfortunately I live in good ol' landlocked Wisconsin and don't take long road trips to the west coast to often... but now that I have the TT, that may change! Hey, if you're ever in Wisconsin or Chicago land area let me know!
Old 12-19-02, 11:55 PM
JohnsRX
Lead Lap

The A4 got nothing on the TT thru the twisties, i followed many TTs thru my numerous mountain drives, and they always leave me in the dust with an ok driver. I dont know how much power i have after mods, but then again my A4 is my daily driver, but i have beaten lots of so call sports sedans with this thing. I even flew off a cliff 3 months ago during one of my mountain drives. All i got to say is, Audis are very WELL built and the interior material and design are light years ahead ANYBODY!! Especially your TT. You might already know that your shifter is very SWEET also. Compared to the A4 or S4s, the TT shifts almost like a S2000.

From now on, you will have to prepare yourself from going in debt!=) Because the TT has TONS of mods avaliable, unlike our RX. Good luck!!

Here are some pictures from my drives:

Sorry, Audiworld doesnt allow offlinking of images.

I've never driven an A4 - how do you fair against a 225 TT in the twisties? .What #'s is your chipped A4 putting to the ground?

Last edited by Daddy-O; 12-20-02 at 12:32 AM.