ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-1st-gen-1999-2003-182/)
-   -   seatbelt advice please (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-1st-gen-1999-2003/670591-seatbelt-advice-please.html)

10lexISR6 04-27-13 11:11 AM

Salim, do you have a part number for the drivers seat belt receptacle you replaced?

salimshah 04-27-13 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by 10lexISR6 (Post 7907380)
Salim, do you have a part number for the drivers seat belt receptacle you replaced?

I bought it from the dealer based on model and vin#. I would advise you to do the same and remember that the receptacle has to color match with your vehicle ... so vin# is important

But I think this is the part number is
73230-48030A0

Salim

10lexISR6 04-27-13 12:52 PM

[QUOTE=salimshah;7907524]I bought it from the dealer based on model and vin#. I would advise you to do the same and remember that the receptacle has to color match with your vehicle ... so vin# is important

But I think this is the part number is
73230-48030A0

Salim[/QUOTE

Thank you sir. How much might I be expecting to spend?

salimshah 04-27-13 01:59 PM

You are a captive customer. So you got to pay what they ask. It is safety related item, so you have tio have it fixed. Give the dealership parts a call.

I think it was around $50.

Salim

10lexISR6 04-27-13 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by salimshah (Post 7907603)
You are a captive customer. So you got to pay what they ask. It is safety related item, so you have tio have it fixed. Give the dealership parts a call.

I think it was around $50.

Salim

Okay thanks. I was asking because I'd like to know what to spend and what not to spend. I followed a DIY to replace the air mixture servos and obtained the part numbers from that thread. I researched the price thru Sewell but looked locally at my hometown stealership. As figured, they tried to rip me off by almost $100 for both parts. I advised them the prices I got from Sewell and they came close enough to satisfy a hometown purchase. Do your homework people, it isn't worth paying more for the same thing. Especially since this is my moms RX, I have an 11 IS.

salimshah 04-27-13 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by 10lexISR6 (Post 7908091)
Okay thanks. I was asking because I'd like to know what to spend and what not to spend. I followed a DIY to replace the air mixture servos and obtained the part numbers from that thread. I researched the price thru Sewell but looked locally at my hometown stealership. As figured, they tried to rip me off by almost $100 for both parts. I advised them the prices I got from Sewell and they came close enough to satisfy a hometown purchase. Do your homework people, it isn't worth paying more for the same thing. Especially since this is my moms RX, I have an 11 IS.

Good advice.

Did you check Sewell for belt buckle part number and price?

The key is do your homework yourself :D

Salim

reisjdmd 04-29-13 08:58 AM

i started this barbeque sauce thread. last saturday, i used salim's method with perfect success. it saved me lots of time and effort because i did not have to remove the passenger seat. thank you to salim.

salimshah 04-29-13 11:01 AM

I was wondering what happened.

Warm water and compressed air with towels wrapped around to catch the overflow?

Salim

reisjdmd 04-30-13 09:01 AM

yes; disconnected battery first. perfect solution. thanks again.