RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

I think I found touch up paint for gray RX bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-12, 03:58 PM
Stemmer
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I think I found touch up paint for gray RX bumpers

http://www.brandsport.com/toy-00258-ucab8.html

My Lexus is millenium silver and I'm pretty sure this is the touch up paint for the bumper and lower part of the vehicle. I'm also pretty sure this same color is on other RX main colors. Just in case anyone was looking for it. I just ordered a tube and will post if it's right.
Old 07-10-12, 07:18 PM
Partywave
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stemmer

My Lexus is millenium silver and I'm pretty sure this is the touch up paint for the bumper and lower part of the vehicle. I'm also pretty sure this same color is on other RX main colors. Just in case anyone was looking for it. I just ordered a tube and will post if it's right.
Thank you! I recently bought a millenium silver RX300. I easily found the silver touch up paint but I've been struggling to find paint for the the grey bumpers/lower portions. Please update once you receive it.
Old 07-10-12, 09:00 PM
salimshah

Received 994 Likes on 898 Posts

Take your vin number to Lexus parts and they can give you touch-up paint. I have had good results using an air brush and the touch-up paint.

Salim
Old 07-11-12, 03:53 PM
gashed
Driver School Candidate

I wonder if Genicolor carries this color of touch-up paint? They had a deal going where all you pay is shipping. My main color is Millennium Silver as well. Genicolor had the perfect match for that color. Their 'pen' is very easy to use.
Old 07-12-12, 12:14 AM
Partywave
Rookie

Thanks, guys. Great idea Salim, I wish I'd thought of that yesterday when I visited the Lexus dealer; I'll get some next time I'm there. Another great idea gashed; I just ordered a paint pen through https://coupon.genicolor.com/index.php?translate=en
Old 07-12-12, 06:41 AM
salimshah

For better (smother) results, invest in a cheap air brush kit. They sell one with a wand and compressed air (free of moisture). Get the touch-up paint in a cap and you can spray it on. Remember to block out to prevent overspray and build the paint in thin layers.

Salim
Old 07-12-12, 09:18 AM
Partywave
Rookie

Originally Posted by salimshah
For better (smother) results, invest in a cheap air brush kit. They sell one with a wand and compressed air (free of moisture). Get the touch-up paint in a cap and you can spray it on. Remember to block out to prevent overspray and build the paint in thin layers.

Salim
Thanks for the advice, salim. I'm sure that would look better on the small parking lot door scrapes and parallel parking scars my vehicle has. Should I go to some regular paint store like Sherwin Williams?
Old 07-12-12, 12:57 PM
salimshah

Originally Posted by Partywave
Thanks for the advice, salim. I'm sure that would look better on the small parking lot door scrapes and parallel parking scars my vehicle has. Should I go to some regular paint store like Sherwin Williams?
Art and craft supply store sell the air brush kit and compressed air cans.

sample: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-pla-_-NA-_-NA

I am not endorsing newegg

Salim

Last edited by salimshah; 07-12-12 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-12-12, 06:21 PM
Partywave
Rookie

Originally Posted by salimshah
Art and craft supply store sell the air brush kit and compressed air cans.

sample: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-pla-_-NA-_-NA

I am not endorsing newegg

Salim
Awesome, thanks again.

Dave
Old 07-13-12, 01:54 PM
Genicolor
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Stemmer

Hi, what color code did you order ?
Old 08-02-12, 01:29 PM
Stemmer
Driver

Default Update - Finally got around to using the touch up paint

It is indeed an exact color match. I used it on several larger areas that likely require more than touch up paint. Bottom line is I am pleased with the results. I had a large paint peel for want of a better description on the front bumper, several large black streaks perhaps material transfer from impact on the rear side bumpers and a bunch of small chips on the sides and rear bottom. I can't say it's perfect, and an up close study will note the touch up, but on a general once over my RX looks much better now and for $15 I am happy with the results and my 14-year old ride now looks about as good as it runs.

I saw the post about the color code. All I can say is the attached link in my original post if for the Gray Metallic Cladding. Further color codes are not required.
Old 08-04-12, 08:46 PM
Partywave
Rookie

That's great, thanks for the confirmation, Stemmer. I just placed my order.
Old 08-07-12, 02:12 PM
Genicolor
Former Sponsor

Hi Guys, how are the touch ups going on ?
Old 08-08-12, 07:29 AM
Stemmer
Driver

Originally Posted by Genicolor
Hi Guys, how are the touch ups going on ?
A quick update - after a week or so most of the areas I touched up are an exact match color-wise although a close inspection will reveal its been touched up, Oddly, on the bottom rear bumper where I touched up several areas, the shade appears a touch lighter. I can't figure it out - I think I will go over it again. Regardless, my RX went in service June '98 so it's over 14-years old and I just wanted it a bit more presentable. A friend of mine said you use "the ten foot rule" with older vehicles, just giving it the once over from ten feet. Using that standard, it's a huge improvement.
Old 08-08-12, 02:10 PM
Genicolor
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE=. A friend of mine said you use "the ten foot rule" with older vehicles, just giving it the once over from ten feet. Using that standard, it's a huge improvement.[/QUOTE] Hahahaha Never heard that one before !

Quick Reply: I think I found touch up paint for gray RX bumpers