RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models
View Poll Results: Silversport?
No. I like wood grain.
50.00%
Of course. It's the only way to go.
50.00%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

SilverSport?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-06, 12:30 PM
slvrspt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SilverSport?

I'm new to the forum but haven't been able to find any posts on the Silversport. Does anyone have any opinion on it? Any knowledge of how many were made? I thought they were all silver but am running across a few black ones. Were they made in different colors or have these been painted?
Old 11-22-06, 12:42 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by slvrspt
I'm new to the forum but haven't been able to find any posts on the Silversport. Does anyone have any opinion on it? Any knowledge of how many were made? I thought they were all silver but am running across a few black ones. Were they made in different colors or have these been painted?
When I first painted my 99 black in 2002, people would confuse it when I took it up to Lexus, but now I see so many people painting the lower panels.
Old 11-22-06, 01:01 PM
slvrspt
Driver School Candidate

You have a silversport? I thought they were only produced in 2001.
Old 11-22-06, 01:11 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

You have a silversport? I thought they were only produced in 2001.
No, what I did was paint the lower panels black just like the Silversport that has a monotone color. My father had been urging me to do this with my uncle since he nver liked that gray on the lower panels.
Old 11-22-06, 01:12 PM
slvrspt
Driver School Candidate

Oh, ok. So you're saying the silversport is the only 300 that isn't two-tone? I didn't even notice. I just like the interior.
Old 11-22-06, 01:20 PM
hitthepin
Driver

Oh, ok. So you're saying the silversport is the only 300 that isn't two-tone? I didn't even notice. I just like the interior.
No, the Silversport isn't the only 300 that is not two-tone. My wife's RX300 is the Coach Edition and it is also a single color. Not sure if they made Coach Edition in other colors, but hers is a dark charcoal-ish grey.
Old 11-22-06, 01:22 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Well the Coach edition had this, too.
Old 11-22-06, 08:59 PM
Slywun
Driver School Candidate

Big fan of the Coach and Silversport editions. Not doing a full conversion but have a grill coming and she's due for a repaint (hopefully after the Holidays).

To be honest though, I'm not too familiar with the interior differences.
Old 11-22-06, 09:42 PM
hitthepin
Driver

Originally Posted by Slywun
Big fan of the Coach and Silversport editions. Not doing a full conversion but have a grill coming and she's due for a repaint (hopefully after the Holidays).

To be honest though, I'm not too familiar with the interior differences.
I can only speak for the Coach Edition, outside of the leather, the interior differences are very subtle. The leather is nicer in my humble opinion.

The wood trim is lighter in color. More a light-red oak. The wood steering wheel was standard(I think).

Exterior, the wheels are a different finish. Not chrome but more of a shinny metallic finish versus the flat grey.
Old 11-23-06, 09:14 AM
mikey00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The main features of the Silversport are a sport-tuned suspension, monotone paint, distinctive grille, SS badging, roof rack painted to match, perforated leather seats, SS floor mats and brushed aluminum interior accents instead of wood. It was only available in 2001 in Black or Silver.
The sport tuned suspension was one of the main reasons I traded in my 2000 RX for a 01 SS. Although I don't mean to play down the other features. I like them all.
Old 11-23-06, 09:35 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

the coach edition gave you coach badging, black pearl emblems, coach luggage, birds eye maple wood trim instead of the walnut, perforated leather seats, different grill. thats about it, may have omitted something, but you get the idea.
Old 11-23-06, 11:07 AM
anulex
Pole Position

i thought silversport came in gold also. i could swear i saw a gold one at the dealer
Old 11-24-06, 06:29 AM
mikey00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by anulex
i thought silversport came in gold also. i could swear i saw a gold one at the dealer
Lexus only offered SS in black or silver.
Old 11-27-06, 06:35 AM
dhg2496
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone ohave some pictures of the SilverSport that could be posted to show the differences?

Also does anyone know where you can buy Silver Sport Parts to replaace those on the standard RX300. Wife has really wanted a WoodGrain Steering wheel since we borrowed an RX330.
Old 11-27-06, 06:42 AM
MSMLexIS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anulex
That was a coach edition which was offered in white gray and gold. They look similar because of the monotone paint and they have a similar grille. Im really thinking about buying a SS RX i think the monotone paint and the aluminum trim make it more like an IS suv especially since it has the sports tuned suspension.

Quick Reply: SilverSport?