RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

What modifications do you have on your RX300?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-02, 11:48 PM
SiLVeRSp0rT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow what modifications do u have on ur RX300?

well. im plannin to install a couple of my tv's next week. all i need now is my rims and importing a kit from japan. that wont be for awhile though. haha. list your modifications
Old 10-17-02, 11:31 AM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

A few modz, but I've only been on here for 3 months - give me time... I've got a few tricks up my sleeve.
Old 10-17-02, 02:15 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

got any pics of your silversport? your ride sounds sweet! and i loving those silversports
Old 10-17-02, 07:32 PM
wwest
Lead Lap

Default mods

Monotone burnished gold finish, 17X8 wheels w/spacers, DRL disable (HB lamps melting) with relay to use fog lamps instead, also allows fog lamps to be on without low beams.

Bi-level HID/xenons.

OAT sensor relocated to driver's side front bumper to prevent radiant heat influence from radiator.
Old 10-17-02, 09:05 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Almost nada.... Just Waag Brush Guards all around. And a RMM exhaust..
Old 10-18-02, 01:03 AM
Swing913
Pole Position

Default WWEst

I know you mention something about the Bi-Xenon earlier in a thread but you haven't post any pics, that would help.
Old 10-18-02, 01:23 AM
wwest
Lead Lap

Default will publish soon

Basically an electronic circuit to inject 640 microamps into the rear height sensor output when the high beams are turned on, makes the headlamp leveling ecu think the rear end has raised by an inch or so.
Old 10-18-02, 03:04 AM
LadyLexRX
Driver School Candidate

I started with the exterior on my 99 RX. I put on altezza tails, rear spoiler, HID bulbs, moonroof gaurd, trunk guard, ventgaurds on windows, tint all around. I also reaplced stock speakers with Boston Acustics and put two 10's in a box in the trunk powered by an alpine amp. It sounds much better!!!

mrsypher, How do you like the RMM exaust? My boyfriend is telling me to do that mod next.
Old 10-18-02, 10:55 AM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Default nmwilliams

I haven't heard anybody say anything negative about the RMM for the RX3 other than that you lose a bit of low-end torque on launch if you don't have an intake... So if that's an issue for you, you might want to budget in an intake with the RMM purchase as well.

Also, my observation after driving on the freeway during my morning/evening commute for the three days I've had the RMM now is that when crusing over 75 mph (pretty common in I94 in WI), there's a TINY bit of drone... it's not that buzzy Honduh high-pitched drone - more of a deep growl really... And maybe it's not really any louder than the stock exhaust, but the tone is deeper so it probably seems a bit more pronounced. Anybody else noticed that?

Also, I don't know how much they're going for, but if you look in the engine/transmission section there's some pics of a dual exhaust system for the RX that's on sale on e-bay.... That one looks out of this world, but I don't know what it costs, and it won't work with a towing package if you've got one.

If you do a quick search for RMM or millen or exhaust on the RX forum, you can come up with others thoughts/opinions on the RMM and a couple other aftermarkets cans for the RX. Good luck.
Old 10-18-02, 05:41 PM
SiLVeRSp0rT
Driver School Candidate

Default where can i get a good price for intake

hey CK1_RX3. where did u get the weaponr 3 n cold air box at? and whats the price?
Old 10-18-02, 05:47 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Default Re: where can i get a good price for intake

Originally posted by SiLVeRSp0rT
hey CK1_RX3. where did u get the weaponr 3 n cold air box at? and whats the price?
Well, you're kind of out of luck as far as gettin any great info from me on where to get a good price - I got mine used from mrsypher here on the forum...

I don't think anybody but WR sells them, so you're kinda limited there as well - call WR, as for Leo, and see what he can do for you on the intake and box - tell him your a member on CL and that might hold a little weight on a better price.

Better yet, if you've got the extra $$$, ask Leo about a package with the intake, box, and new ECU (when it's done) for the RX - that'll probably be about $900 would be my guess, but it'd be worth it if you've got a little cash to throw around.

Anybody else got good info about where/how to get a good deal on WR stuff?
Old 10-18-02, 06:32 PM
SiLVeRSp0rT
Driver School Candidate

900? wow.. i remember awhile back i was lookin at prices. it was like 200 or so. for the kit and intake?
Old 10-18-02, 07:28 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by SiLVeRSp0rT
900? wow.. i remember awhile back i was lookin at prices. it was like 200 or so. for the kit and intake?
200 for what??? That's just the Intake... What CK is talking about for the $900. is the Intake, C.A.B. and the piggyback ECu that they have.... The ECU is about $700. alone...

nmwilliams77, the Exhaust imo is a great mod for the RX.. The sound isn't terrible and it looks much better than that ugly looking black/rust thing that's sitting back there now... But like CK said, if you do the Exhuast you should really consider doing the intake too....
Old 10-18-02, 07:56 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

sypher, the sound isn't terrible? I'd go so far as to say it's GORGEOUS especially harmonizing with that WR intake... Like I remember spinteews saying a little while back, the combo makes it sound like the RX is making far too much power!

Yeah, the sound isn't bad...
Old 10-18-02, 10:08 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

You know what I meant.....

Quick Reply: What modifications do you have on your RX300?