RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

2002 rx300 troubleshooting drivers window problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-10, 05:28 PM
mb001
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 rx300 troubleshooting drivers window problem

Hi everyone, new member here. great site with lots of good info but searched & can't find what I need. I'm trying to diagnose if the problem is in the switch or regulator / motor. It started as an intermittent malfuntion, The drivers window would operate normally, then sometimes it would take operating the switch several times in either direction before the window would move. The window could be in any position or 1/2 way. sometimes if I pushed the switch to the up position, it would go down first before I could raise it. It is now in the full up position and will not move. When I push the switch to up, I can hear a click inside the door, if I push it to down, I hear nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-07-10, 12:21 AM
code58
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mb001
Hi everyone, new member here. great site with lots of good info but searched & can't find what I need. I'm trying to diagnose if the problem is in the switch or regulator / motor. It started as an intermittent malfuntion, The drivers window would operate normally, then sometimes it would take operating the switch several times in either direction before the window would move. The window could be in any position or 1/2 way. sometimes if I pushed the switch to the up position, it would go down first before I could raise it. It is now in the full up position and will not move. When I push the switch to up, I can hear a click inside the door, if I push it to down, I hear nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
Try another search. Searches can sometimes (often) be like trying to find your way through a maze. Have you ever searched on E-bay? Most of the time you come up with ZERO's! And yet what your looking for is on there, just have to keep trying till you find the magic door. I know this has been discussed on this forum or another less popular (read active) Lexus forum. Even though the switch is electronic, I believe you can take it apart and clean the contacts. Maybe with alcohol rather than fine sand paper or fine steel wool as you would on a normal mechanical contact that gets burned. Remember that if you are able to clean the contacts and get it operating, but it doesn't do exactly what it's supposed to, run it ALL the way to the top and HOLD the switch for 4 or 5 seconds to cause it to "reset" it's brain. Good Luck!
Old 10-03-14, 06:02 AM
garyd
Driver School Candidate

Default 2002 lexus ls window problem

The passenger side window will not operate with either switch position.There is an audible click when the switch is pressed but the window will not move. I tried the reset by holding the up and down button no good. Any ideas?
Old 10-06-14, 11:01 AM
salimshah

Received 994 Likes on 898 Posts

Originally Posted by garyd
The passenger side window will not operate with either switch position.There is an audible click when the switch is pressed but the window will not move. I tried the reset by holding the up and down button no good. Any ideas?
Welcome to CL.

Did you try searching this issue. Lexmex had a thread on window regulator.

If I or other member run across it, we will post the link ... [matter of interest and free time]

Salim
Old 10-09-14, 12:16 PM
duongdn
Driver School Candidate

I had a similar issue with my window. Googled some different forums and found one that mentioned the relay underneath the driver window switch on the board. It took me about a month to find this relay, but managed to locate it in Hong Kong. Received them yesterday. Pulled the switch apart and desoldered the old relay, cleaned up the contacts and then soldered in the new relay. The switch works perfect now. No issues whatsoever. I tested up and down at least 50 times and it worked perfect each time. I have an extra relay and window switch I will be repairing this weekend too.
Old 10-09-14, 11:34 PM
trips1
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by duongdn
I had a similar issue with my window. Googled some different forums and found one that mentioned the relay underneath the driver window switch on the board. It took me about a month to find this relay, but managed to locate it in Hong Kong. Received them yesterday. Pulled the switch apart and desoldered the old relay, cleaned up the contacts and then soldered in the new relay. The switch works perfect now. No issues whatsoever. I tested up and down at least 50 times and it worked perfect each time. I have an extra relay and window switch I will be repairing this weekend too.
Do you have links to webpages and also web link to what exactly did you order and how much did it cost?
Old 10-10-14, 08:37 AM
duongdn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by trips1
Do you have links to webpages and also web link to what exactly did you order and how much did it cost?
Here is a link to the relay that I ordered

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6248985947.html

When you take apart the Driver side master window switch, there are two relays on the board. The one on the site is the one to replace. Can't miss it. Part with shipping cost about $7.00 each. I have an extra one I finished up yesterday and it also fixed the problem.

I can take pics if needed later, but really, once you take the switch apart, you will see this relay, which sits right underneath the driver window toggle switch.

If the link doesn't work since I am new to the site, go to aliexpress.com and search for CR2-12V TWIN POWER SILENT AUTOMOTIVE RELAY

also FYI... the relay they sell is the exact same relay in the window switch,, ie; same manufacturer