ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-1st-gen-1999-2003-182/)
-   -   '99 RX300 Cruise control not working - how to fix? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-1st-gen-1999-2003/534287-99-rx300-cruise-control-not-working-how-to-fix.html)

s@squ@tch 11-03-10 09:45 AM

'99 RX300 Cruise control not working - how to fix?

The cruise control light comes on in the dash, but does not control the speed anymore - just pure decceleration. :uh:

Can this be fixed w/o taking to the dealership?

Anyone have a copy of the repair manual that has floated around this board in the past?

hypervish 11-03-10 09:55 AM

This may sound like a dumb question, but are you setting the speed? Once pressing the on button (by pushing in), you have to push the stick up to set the speed. And then only will it stay at the same speed.

bmwboyee 11-03-10 10:43 AM

I have the same exact problem. I do set the speed. I try every button on the cruise control. It does not work but when you click the cruise control (on) button it lights up in the dash.

s@squ@tch 11-03-10 12:20 PM

Yes, I am pressing the button to set the speed. :egads:

It won't hold any speed anymore, doubt it is a fuse, as I checked the diagram and didn't see any dedicated cruise control fuse to be blown. If it was a fuse, I'd see other systems not working.

defo 11-03-10 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by s@squ@tch (Post 5909214)
Yes, I am pressing the button to set the speed. :egads:

It won't hold any speed anymore, doubt it is a fuse, as I checked the diagram and didn't see any dedicated cruise control fuse to be blown. If it was a fuse, I'd see other systems not working.

Could be a vacuum leak, but I don't know how to test for that.

maxSteel 11-06-10 07:45 AM

I have the cruise control info. But when I try to upload it the upload fails.
I don't know why.

salimshah 11-06-10 08:43 AM

Going on limb here ..

The accelerator cable goes over a 1/2 circle on throttle body. The other half is the cable from the cruise control module which is pretty much at the top of the engine .. positioned in line with the passenger. First examine that linkage. I dont think it is controlled by vacuum. I would suggest clearing out the ecu by disconnecting the battery for 20 mins or so ... just in case there are some gremlins in the software.

Salim

bmwboyee 11-06-10 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by salimshah (Post 5915770)
Going on limb here ..

The accelerator cable goes over a 1/2 circle on throttle body. The other half is the cable from the cruise control module which is pretty much at the top of the engine .. positioned in line with the passenger. First examine that linkage. I dont think it is controlled by vacuum. I would suggest clearing out the ecu by disconnecting the battery for 20 mins or so ... just in case there are some gremlins in the software.

Salim

I need to check my linkage but i did clear everything out. didn't work.

bmwboyee 11-11-10 07:43 AM

does anyone have a solution for this?

Xtom73G 09-07-11 12:45 PM

I found the module in engine compartment. Carefully pressed release tab on electrical connector, pulled connector free. Squirted electro repair conductor grease into each cavity on plug, wiped clean, re-plugged. All functions now perfect.

BearsLexus 05-06-13 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Xtom73G (Post 6664663)
I found the module in engine compartment. Carefully pressed release tab on electrical connector, pulled connector free. Squirted electro repair conductor grease into each cavity on plug, wiped clean, re-plugged. All functions now perfect.

Xtom, Is this still working properly? I am starting to have this same issue. Where is the module you mentioned located, as I would like to attempt the same repair?

Thanks,
Bear

leroyjnav 02-28-18 11:12 PM

Has anyone found a solutions for this? BearsLexus, how did you fix your cruise control problem? I have the same issue, does not work anymore.

Thank you.

Stevedud 05-14-19 02:33 PM

I’m having the same problem now. Cruise worked in the morning, on the way to work but afterwards, nope. Hasn’t worked since. Disconnected battery still nothing.