RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

RX300 Silversport suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-18, 01:38 AM
LA4Mead
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default This was 5 years ago... wondering how did it go?

Originally Posted by JetRex
Thanks for all the responses guys. A funny thing happened, (which probably would have been the first thing to happen had it been twenty years ago if I were buying parts for my Bronco) -I broke down and called the Cusco distributor FRSport (on the phone!!!) and just asked them about the bars; specifically why I couldn't find any info about them-- she said they had never sold a pair! Her "review" of Cusco was much the same as Igadget in that she said they are a very reputable outfit who makes roll cages (among other things) for various applications and are well respected for fit and finish. Years ago I ordered a sway bar for a Mustang that didn't fit worth a damn-- that's the sort of thing you can't just heat and bend to fit-- I ended up sending it back and never got another one-- so I was a bit leery of repeating that fiasco. I decided I would order just the front one from FRS, see how it worked out and then later order the rear if all went well. However, as they have never sold one-- it seems that Cusco may not have made many either- so there are/were none in stock. With such a long wait I decided to take a chance and order both. I ordered the sway bars about the same time of this first post and still don't have one, but they are slated for delivery in mid August. I'll keep everyone posted. On a side note, I recently became acquainted with a guy with an RX350- who sort of corrected my descriptions of the bobble-head handling by saying that it sort of leans into corners to a point, but then it settles down and sort of "grabs". I've decided he's right about that-- it doesn't really roll over the way a mini van or Explorer might. On a curve-- say under 50mph-- the sway is manageable once you get used to it, but its that long distance shift from left to right on a switch back or mountain pass that freaks me out! --really looking forward to curing that.
Did you install the new stiffer sway bars? Were they made to fit? Where did you source them? What went well, and what did not? Thanks!