RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

slow acceleration + little shaking from engine in low rpms

Old 02-05-10, 10:42 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 136 Posts

Let me know once you've added the fuel injector cleaner.
Old 02-05-10, 11:54 PM
Ymmot
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Lexmex

I added the injector cleaner yesterday i have used untill now 50% of the tank there is no change ..im seriously getting myself together to clean the IACV just to rule that one out ...jerking and staggering in low rpms when i pass 1500-1600 rpm the car is smooth

Originally Posted by Lexmex
Let me know once you've added the fuel injector cleaner.
Old 02-05-10, 11:58 PM
Ymmot
Rookie

Update ...since i did not have any instrution manual on the car i could not reset the cruise info km/l or mpg as it is in us ...i found out to reset it ...i took a drive which prolly is classified as city driving ..i got 7 km/l on that trip so the gas consumption is not as bad as i earlier stated ..still not smooth in low rpm's
Old 02-06-10, 01:54 AM
Ymmot
Rookie

Cleaned IACV took around 20 min thanks to the DIY ..it was not moving freely i cleaned it out untill moving freely ..if it solved the prob is to early to say ill go take a shower and hit the road ..and ill report back later
Old 02-06-10, 03:07 AM
Ymmot
Rookie

Testdrive result ..seems smooth but the ride was short cause i now got a lamp on that says O/D OFF so it doenst change to 4th gear ...what happend ?...still no cel on
Old 02-06-10, 03:17 AM
Ymmot
Rookie

ROFL..im an idiot its now confirmed... some moran<---"that would be me" pushed the button for overdrive and ofcourse the light turned on....longer test ride is needed + a driver with brain
Old 02-06-10, 04:20 AM
Ymmot
Rookie

\o/ seems like the problem is gone just drove for 45 min smooth like silk ..

Lexmex was correct when he mentioned IACV and thanks to his instructions it was a walk in the park to clean it

my avg km/l was on this trip which i would call city 7.1 km/l or nearly 17 mpg ..it must be said the speed is low here usually between 20-50 kmh.

Thanks to all that gave a hand with this prob.

Respect _o_

Ow is there a way to disconnct the auto lock when u pass 20 km/h since its a bit annoying cause of the low speed we can hold here ?
Old 02-06-10, 06:54 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ymmot
\o/ seems like the problem is gone just drove for 45 min smooth like silk ..

Lexmex was correct when he mentioned IACV and thanks to his instructions it was a walk in the park to clean it

my avg km/l was on this trip which i would call city 7.1 km/l or nearly 17 mpg ..it must be said the speed is low here usually between 20-50 kmh.

Thanks to all that gave a hand with this prob.

Respect _o_

Ow is there a way to disconnct the auto lock when u pass 20 km/h since its a bit annoying cause of the low speed we can hold here ?
We'll keep our fingers crossed and hope that was the trick to fixing the problems.

I am not sure what you are referring to on the auto lock. Are you perhaps referring to in the first few minutes after starting the vehicle up and going down the road that you can't shift up in gear? If so, that is something built into the programming for emissions reasons and also to give the fluids a chance to warm up. Or are you referring to something else?
Old 02-06-10, 08:18 AM
Ymmot
Rookie

Hi Lexmex

no there is 2 buttons on my gear stick ..one for the release and one is for disable the overdrive ..i accidently pushed the smal button ..i didnt kow about that one since again i dont have the instruction book ..same with the horn i thought it wasnt working untill i realised it was the tiptronic gearshifter i pushed on ..anyone have a glue if a instuction/service book is online ..i got the repairmanual but that aint explaining bout the handling of the accesories ..

I just came home from town my km/l is now at 7.3 and it was smooth as silk i think we can conclude that IACV dont neccesarly means bad idle but can also mean bad driving in low rpms..

Next is changing battery im gonna try see if i can find a made in japan ..also on my waiting list disabeling the auto lock door feature which is annoying me..like this when i exceed 20 km/h the doors lock automaticly and when below 20km/h it unlocks them again ...since my average speed is at the moment 28 km/h its easy to see that i have a lot locking and unlocking going on.

The thing about the engine disable 4 gear when starting cold i never noticed maybe because it doesnt take long to get heat on engine when it allrdy at 40 celsius from the wheather.. only at night it get below 25 celsius
Old 02-06-10, 08:50 AM
Ymmot
Rookie

Ow i see u like drag i have a friend from Denmark that likes fiddeling around with his jeep check it out there is quite nice videos from his races on youtube ..last i heard from him he pull close to 1000 hp out of it ofcourse when he use nitro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp2rPdS7yp4&NR=1
Old 02-06-10, 08:58 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Ow i see u like drag i have a friend from Denmark that likes fiddeling around with his jeep check it out there is quite nice videos from his races on youtube ..last i heard from him he pull close to 1000 hp out of it ofcourse when he use nitro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp2rPdS7yp4&NR=1
I don't do it anymore because we don't have a 1/4 mile track her, just junky 1/8 miles, but I do plan to use my digimoto software to run a 1/4 mile down a backroad to see what I can get. The lady of the house is not amused by this, but I told her she doesn't need to come along when I go do it. I am waiting for a colder night here to do it.
Old 02-06-10, 09:03 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Hi Lexmex

no there is 2 buttons on my gear stick ..one for the release and one is for disable the overdrive ..i accidently pushed the smal button ..i didnt kow about that one since again i dont have the instruction book ..same with the horn i thought it wasnt working untill i realised it was the tiptronic gearshifter i pushed on ..anyone have a glue if a instuction/service book is online ..i got the repairmanual but that aint explaining bout the handling of the accesories ..

I just came home from town my km/l is now at 7.3 and it was smooth as silk i think we can conclude that IACV dont neccesarly means bad idle but can also mean bad driving in low rpms..

Next is changing battery im gonna try see if i can find a made in japan ..also on my waiting list disabeling the auto lock door feature which is annoying me..like this when i exceed 20 km/h the doors lock automaticly and when below 20km/h it unlocks them again ...since my average speed is at the moment 28 km/h its easy to see that i have a lot locking and unlocking going on.

The thing about the engine disable 4 gear when starting cold i never noticed maybe because it doesnt take long to get heat on engine when it allrdy at 40 celsius from the wheather.. only at night it get below 25 celsius
I have seen the tiptronic gearshifter when I was visiting Jamaica where they do have the Harrier and RHD versions of the RX300, but unfortunately we don't have them in the U.S. The only thing I could suggest to try resetting this is to disconnect your battery for a bit and see if it resets it.

I have never heard of the door lock feature you are describing. The only things that remotely come to mind are a battery issue (getting old) or it is more likely related to CBEST settings. These are settings that could conceivably be set at a dealer with the appropriate tool to, among other things, open doors the way you want them to. The last thing that comes to mind is there is a grounding wire issue somewhere causing an electrical jolt to the doors and triggering the issue you describe.
Old 02-06-10, 09:05 AM
Ymmot
Rookie

Rofl.. u got a big heart
Old 02-06-10, 09:24 AM
Ymmot
Rookie

Okay i thought tiptronic was standard but i noticed u got cruise controlle i dont have that in mine so there is slight diffences from east models to west models ..the tipronic works smooth no probs there..im quite certain the autolock door thingy is standard here also but im gonna dig a bit into that issue..it could be a error i doubt it though its very consistent in doing it at exactly 20 km/h..i also saw on ure pic that ure speedometer goes to about 240km/h mine goes to 180 km/h
Old 02-11-10, 05:32 AM
Ymmot
Rookie

Hi All

hmm my problem still remain.... unstable running in low rpms ...

my new airfilter will not arrive untill next week ..i took out the filter and testdrive to see if it was lack of air coming through..it got worse from removing airfilter so i dont have much hope in that a new airfilter gonna help me out ..

i still do not have a cel light on and i promise i lights on everytime i put ignition on so the bulp is working for sure ...i noticed also gearshifting is not as smooth as i think it should be ..same as b4 when i give some pedal and rpms increase im flying ..but in low rpms it not a pleasent ride at all...

The injection cleaner made no difference..i clenaned maf twice cleaned IACV it was dirty and did not move freely but even though at first it seemed fixed the problem still remain ..

Any suggestions on what i do now ..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: slow acceleration + little shaking from engine in low rpms