RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

slow acceleration + little shaking from engine in low rpms

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-10, 07:10 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 159 Likes on 136 Posts

Do clean the IACV and the MAF. See a bit more here in this thread, https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...out-yours.html

You also may have an issue with a bad gap in your spark plugs, that's something Toyota should check while they have the plugs out.
Old 02-03-10, 08:16 PM
Ymmot
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Salim and Lexmex

You guys give me a good spirit thanks for that and thanks for helping out.

I started with cleaning the MAF sensor.. wich they allrdy should have adressed at Toyota ..i did it again just to make sure it was proper clean ..i just drove the car for around 25 min and so far i have not felt shaking or hesitation on acceleration ..ill test more later but for now seems smooth..ill add the cleaner on next refill also... if problem come back ill rinse the IACV and it last option ill go to the Toyota dealer even though they failed in retreiving spare part number failed in cleaning MAF ..they still got the IT2 reader however what are the chances they understand the info they get when a simple spare part number is to difficult to handle for them :P

I should have been at Toyota this morning but didnt get the time to go there now with a bit of luck i dont need to go there

Again thanks to both of you the world need more people like you guys ..sincere respect for all the hours you guys spent on helping others i admire that.

We will be talking much more in the future i guess cause im never gonna sell my Lexus

Respect _o_
Old 02-04-10, 01:16 AM
Ymmot
Rookie

Hmmm did my 2nd test ride ..problem still remain ..time for it2 test i guess
Old 02-04-10, 08:49 AM
salimshah

Received 992 Likes on 897 Posts

Seems like something is loose.

It will be good to have the computer hooked up .. and hopefully they can run the engine and see what is going on. You may like to read up on Lexmex's post on OBDII computer ... since almost all stuff here comes from far east [your neck of the world] you may be able to get it from Singapore if not HongKong.

Salim
Old 02-04-10, 07:01 PM
Ymmot
Rookie

Default Update

i got the readout from Toyota and it looks like this ..

If im not totally wrong the sensors mentioned is the one sitting at manifold ..they want 300 usd pr piece seems to high a price i think i seen them on internet for around 150 usd pr piece .

Obd2 reader im gonna google that one down later and get my own

why the cel isnt on i have no glue

they cleared codes ..car seems smooth again this morning i hate it when things aint consistent ..would it be an idea to try and reset the computer by taking og the negative cabel on battery ..usefull or not ..i dont understand why that cel isnt on ..as i can see these codes where pending ..what does pending mean in this case
Attached Thumbnails slow acceleration + little shaking from engine in low rpms-it2.jpg  

Last edited by Ymmot; 02-04-10 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-04-10, 09:18 PM
salimshah

There are 4 DTC and the scroll-bar tells me that the picture has the bottom 3 codes in display. Can you find out what the 4th (1st in the list) code was/is.

The errors are reported as pending on first few occurrences and then they become faults if they persist.

Yes the sensors are expensive, but do not buy after market cheaper sensors.

Some times one code leads to another ... so not all 4 problems have to be addressed individually. This is the reason why I am asking for the 1st error code.

Salim
Old 02-04-10, 11:54 PM
Ymmot
Rookie

Hi Salim

No1 was also something mention A/F sensor P113 i dont recall ecaxt code ..they asked me what bensin i used and said i need to use better quality so im gonna change to that ..they cleared they codes and i still have no cel light on ...

I was at the immagration office today and they dont have aircon i stayed in the car with car running and ac on it took some time in there but i noticed my idle wasnt as consistent as i thought it falls occaisianly to aapprox 500 rpm so just maybe the IACV could be the answer ..ill try to clean that sucker out before i use 600 usd on those A/F sensors...

I used premium on it because the previous owner said he used that but Toyota disagree so ill change for next refueling...could poor fuel be reason for the unsmoothness in low rpm

i want to buy that obd2/can scanner anything that i should know b4 buying it..i found some producers in chinamaniland as well as in hongkong
Old 02-05-10, 10:10 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ymmot
Hi Salim

No1 was also something mention A/F sensor P113 i dont recall ecaxt code ..they asked me what bensin i used and said i need to use better quality so im gonna change to that ..they cleared they codes and i still have no cel light on ...

I was at the immagration office today and they dont have aircon i stayed in the car with car running and ac on it took some time in there but i noticed my idle wasnt as consistent as i thought it falls occaisianly to aapprox 500 rpm so just maybe the IACV could be the answer ..ill try to clean that sucker out before i use 600 usd on those A/F sensors...

I used premium on it because the previous owner said he used that but Toyota disagree so ill change for next refueling...could poor fuel be reason for the unsmoothness in low rpm

i want to buy that obd2/can scanner anything that i should know b4 buying it..i found some producers in chinamaniland as well as in hongkong
The sensors in question are shown below.

Bank 1 Sensor 1 is behind the engine block. (first photo)

Bank 2 Sensor 1 is visible when you open the hood on the front of the engine block (actually on the exhaust manifold). (second photo)
Attached Thumbnails slow acceleration + little shaking from engine in low rpms-img_0833.jpg   slow acceleration + little shaking from engine in low rpms-img_1594.jpg  
Old 02-05-10, 10:17 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Salim mentioned this before, but I just want to be absolutely sure.

You have seen this light (shown in photo below) visibly light up when you start the vehicle (either on its own or in combination with other lights)?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing they can do with that Toyota scanner is check the readings on both of the sensors.

These are two examples from software programs I use and it shows the values of the banks.

See, https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5187686-post24.html

and https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5175437-post11.html

It would be interesting to see what numbers are showing up (ranges) there.
Attached Thumbnails slow acceleration + little shaking from engine in low rpms-cel-light.jpg  
Old 02-05-10, 12:34 PM
clevercat
Lead Lap

Sounds like needs to check VVT solenoid.
I had same problem.
Unstable idle.
Loss of power.
Low MPG.

Cleaned IACV and the MAF, OK.
Checked spark plugs, OK.
Checked coil packs, OK.
Checked O2 sensor, OK
Cell light went away for a while and then it started again.
Worse in cold and wet weather.
Cell light came on again and it started flashing, went off, came back on etc.
Finally, threw VVT solenoid code.
Changed the VVT solenoid valve last night.
RPM is stable, power on, no vibration, just smooth.
Better MPG too since timing is corrected.
Old 02-05-10, 06:33 PM
Ymmot
Rookie

Hi Lexmex

I have seen that light on but only when it suppose to ..its on when i put on ignition as they all are but as soon as i start i get no cel at all.. only light thats on after i started i fasten seatbelt

Originally Posted by Lexmex
Salim mentioned this before, but I just want to be absolutely sure.

You have seen this light (shown in photo below) visibly light up when you start the vehicle (either on its own or in combination with other lights)?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing they can do with that Toyota scanner is check the readings on both of the sensors.

These are two examples from software programs I use and it shows the values of the banks.

See, https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5187686-post24.html

and https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5175437-post11.html

It would be interesting to see what numbers are showing up (ranges) there.
Old 02-05-10, 06:40 PM
Ymmot
Rookie

Hi Clevercat

interessting ill keep that in mind only difference from ure experience is that my cel is not turning on..where is that sucker placed on the engine ..is it difficult to replace..i cant say if mine is worse in cold wheather since that is not relevant here minimum celcius is 24 degrees and that is in nighttime.

Thanks for your reply Clevercat

Originally Posted by clevercat
Sounds like needs to check VVT solenoid.
I had same problem.
Unstable idle.
Loss of power.
Low MPG.

Cleaned IACV and the MAF, OK.
Checked spark plugs, OK.
Checked coil packs, OK.
Checked O2 sensor, OK
Cell light went away for a while and then it started again.
Worse in cold and wet weather.
Cell light came on again and it started flashing, went off, came back on etc.
Finally, threw VVT solenoid code.
Changed the VVT solenoid valve last night.
RPM is stable, power on, no vibration, just smooth.
Better MPG too since timing is corrected.

Last edited by Ymmot; 02-05-10 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-05-10, 06:46 PM
Ymmot
Rookie

I have been sleeping on the it2 test from yesterday ..and if i understand correct is a pending code a problem that occured but is not consistent if it is consistent it will throw the cel light on ..is that correct ?

If it is correct then i must assume that my sensors are working since the cel is not coming ...i checked them A/F they look pretty fresh allmost close to say they are new ..i wonder if previous owner changed them to correct this error ..didnt succed and set the car for sale ..wouldnt surprice me at all :P..
Old 02-05-10, 07:58 PM
salimshah

^Exactly, that is bothering us ... that is why the question is repeated if the sensor lights up on self test.

Can you figure out the make of the sensor?

Your understanding of pending code is correct. Toyota reader shows them as pending as-well.

Salim
Old 02-05-10, 08:34 PM
Ymmot
Rookie

I just checked the one in front its Toyota Denso

Quick Reply: slow acceleration + little shaking from engine in low rpms