ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-1st-gen-1999-2003-182/)
-   -   My RX 300 Heating doesn't work (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-1st-gen-1999-2003/458190-my-rx-300-heating-doesnt-work.html)

SScharder 10-12-09 07:32 PM

My RX 300 Heating doesn't work

My first time here, I just found out my RX 300 heat doesn't work what part should I replace to make heat work as it should be.
Thank you,

salimshah 10-12-09 07:49 PM

start by ensuring there is no air trapped in the coolant + heater core.
Then check to see if the servos are working properly.

Salim

ivan1 10-14-09 01:33 PM

my heat just went too. except what happened was it would blow cold air at any temp. setting. so i took it to get looked at and the motor that opens the vents to allow hot air to flow was busted. so i'm getting it replaced. i'll let you know how much it cost me but that is what happened to me a few days ago.

salimshah 10-14-09 02:09 PM

^^ this motor is called the servo motor. For the rest, it would help if you can tell which servo motor failed for you [by asking the mechanic or looking at the invoice].

Salim

SScharder 10-16-09 11:00 PM

Do you know any idea how much shop will charge to fix this problem?
Thanz

Originally Posted by salimshah (Post 4925932)
^^ this motor is called the servo motor. For the rest, it would help if you can tell which servo motor failed for you [by asking the mechanic or looking at the invoice].

Salim

salimshah 10-16-09 11:42 PM

I have no idea how much a shop will charge.

The fee is typically:
Diagnostic
Parts
Labor

If you have alll three done at the same shop, they typically will give time credit in labor {ie when they already have torn the thing apart].

All shops are required to give you some ball park estimates and need your permission for repairs which will bring the cost of repair higher than the agreed upon cost.

Salim

ivan1 10-19-09 09:38 PM

so my heating problem was the air mix servo and i and getting it replaced. now i didn't go to lexus i went to a chop close by to me where i know they do excellent work. the part is going to cost $160 plus labor. i will post total costs when it's done. hope this helps. but if you can do it yourself you can get the parts online for the same price...

JohnLX300 10-20-09 06:43 AM

I already replaced this on my rx. The cost was $130 for the part. I installed it myself. It really wasn't that hard. If you are looking for the part it is called the Air Mix Servo.

ivan1 10-20-09 09:00 PM

where did you get it for 130?

kevinslexu 02-27-14 10:50 PM

RX300 heater doesn't work

They normally start to make some noise for a while and then stop pushing the warm air through the went. If yours pushes the air through the went you want, but its all cold then you must change the heater servo. Mine was doing the same way, I found out was wrong with mine here on the forum and I fixed mine with no cost. The heater servo was stocked. I had to realign and lubricate the spring outside the servo. follow the link to watch what you have to look into.

johnplatt5 05-05-14 01:02 PM

what would need to be changed if you can get air both warm and cold but you cannot change where it is diverted to? for example, I can't defrost my windshield or have heat come out at the floor, it only comes out the main vents. thanks in advance...