RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Euro style clear front bumper lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-02, 10:04 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, atleast that's what I thought. I never got around to getting them in though.... And I probably never will because my new project got me busy as hell.... It never ends... After I do one MOD I gotta do another.... I've put well over 10 grand into my GS already.... And I still don't have it turboed yet.... But it's well worth it... Like today I was sitting at a light when there were these 2 kids one was stopped at the corner looking at my car and the other was alittle behind still riding looking over at the GS and he didn't see his friend stopped and he crashed into him... It was the funniest *****.... Gotta love it.... But anyway Sho you RX is coming along real nicely... I remember when you first started...

As for you Chad, if you don't find those clear side markers by the time I clean out my garage and I find the other set I had for the rears I'll sell them to you for $80.00 since they're a hard to find item now.....

Oh, and here is the new project.... How do you like? I need to take a new pic of the enginebay because there are some more changes in there too.....
Attached Thumbnails Euro style clear front bumper lights-bodykit-13.jpg  
Old 10-07-02, 10:06 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Nah Chad I'm just playing with ya... I'll give to you for what I got them for....

And Disco, which problem are you talking about because I have many...
Attached Thumbnails Euro style clear front bumper lights-bodykit-10.jpg  
Old 10-08-02, 02:36 AM
Shonuff
Pole Position

ck1: the fronts fit nice and tight........but they were a ***** to get to also, but again i got some big forarms. i got my skinny friend that doesn't work out to get them in for me =)

the rears were a lot harder (no skinny friend to help me). so got the vaseline out and lubed up the forarms hehe sounds nasty. came out with all kinds of scratches and cuts........determination.

sypher: thanks.......i think i am done....just a little more to do on the interior. your gs is nice and clean......tight setup.

i have a new project i am starting on too. looking at a motorcycle. something along the lines of a harley, american ironhorse, war eagle......low, stretched, and raked. i wanted a crotch rocket before, but they are kind of like riced out civics to me now. i set a goal of getting up to 215 lbs before i started on a bike project.....i'm up to 210lbs only 5lbs more to gain............so i can start looking now hehehe
Attached Thumbnails Euro style clear front bumper lights-ig-1.jpg  

Last edited by Shonuff; 10-08-02 at 03:51 AM.
Old 10-08-02, 06:06 AM
disco_y2k
Pole Position

mrsypher, the one with the back clear side marks..

from your post....
Autobacs sells them on Ebay.. The front ones will fit on the rear, but you have to flip them over.. I bought 2 pairs for Autobacs, I installed the front with no problems (Thanks to my fellow RXer's here). But I ran into a problem with the rear ones.. I am making an offer that anyone who can help me find out how to get back there without breaking those 2 plastic pins, I would buy them a pair of clear markers....

i was just wondering if you got them working
Old 10-08-02, 10:03 AM
Goncookoo

The rear bumper is a little more curved than the front bumper. So you see a little gap between the bumper and the housing for the lights.

To fix the gap, I used a black, 2-3 mm thick, foam like substance for arts and crafts (found it in walmart) and cut a "gasket" to fit around the edge of the lights before I put them in (instead of any sealant). They work very well. it makes the whole apparatus fit a little better too.

Some other notes:

I had to file away one side of the square screw head holder on the back of the lights to get them to fit into the cutout of the bumper (You'll know what I mean when you attempt to put it in). Plus I think there were 2 tabs on the back of the lights that I had to break off too.

Expect bruises on your for arms again.

HTH,
Paul
Old 10-08-02, 10:05 AM
Goncookoo

wow i dont think i was reading the right post when i posted the above message...
Old 10-08-02, 10:35 AM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Mike, your GS is soooo nice - I think there'll be many more gapers blocks and random crashes in your town whenever you drive past! Alright Mike, $80 it is

Nah, figured you were kidding on that... Anyways, I found the AutoBacs on E-bay by searching "RX300 clear"... (thanks Paul_8801) My bad on the lazy search logic - and I used to be a market and patent researcher only a year ago - D@MN my skills are slippin. So anyways, if you've got a set that you wanna get rid of, I'd take 'em off your hands - otherwise I'll just buy at E-bay - that'd be fine too...

Sho - I might have the same problem as you since I come in at a whopping 5'9" 175 lbs... Just kidding - hey, I used to weigh 160 - I've BULKED up! Yeah, get a Harley and save the c'rocket for the bike ricers - I guess I'm biased though growing up and living in Milwaukee though - there is only ONE kind of bike to ride in this town, and it ain't no HONDA. That chop you posted up is a dream ride - one o these days when funds permit I wanna pick up a nice heritage softail and start cuttin and customizin... Gotta finish my RX though first and then move on to either a GS, IS, or a Supra (that's a dream I've had for some time, but I'm lovin the LEXUS life these days). Syphers right - your RX is BANGIN... I wasn't around when you started the project, but the end result is looking so nice....

Goncookoo, I think you were responding to the right post - your advice was right on... good suggestion about the foam. I'll keep that in mind if I do the rears.

Still don't know if I wanna do the rears, but the fronts for sure... I'll do the fronts and see how it looks leaving the rears red, and move on to other mods that have a priority over clear rears... but no doubt I'll probably end up changing the rears at some point too

And DAMN I wanna buy a dremel, some compressed air and start that dreaded headlight "orange" removal project... still a little nervous about that one though... Don't wanna screw anything up!
Old 10-08-02, 12:17 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

goncokoo: dead-on description, that is what i had to do eaxactly, except for the foam part. i siliconed them to get a tight install.

ck1: thanks man. it's actually been like that for a while now....old pic. i have been chopping away at the interior. real close to being done in there........maybe i'll thro some new pics up when i get my camera back.

175 is a good base at your hight. i'm 5'8" at 210 i started off at 135 about 8 years ago. it took me a looooooong time to put on weight.

yeah i am definately gonna start on a chopped-stretched cruiser soon. just waiting for my new job slot to come open. gonna get out of south texas.
Old 10-08-02, 12:25 PM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Jesus you're a big dog Sho - that's some serious gains - 8 years is actually a very healthy time frame for that kind of building... must have been natural, which is admirable in this day and age of chemical cheating to bulk up!
Old 10-08-02, 10:09 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Hey guys thanks for the comments... Chad, if you see the clear-markers on Ebay get em... Because God knows when I'm going to endup cleaning my garage... Tomorrow I'm going to take a pic and show you guys why I'm so scared to touch that thing... ***** it is soo full that I can't even close it... And as for the size thing.... I'm 5'7" and 205lbs. I was about 280lbs 2 years ago... I was a beer guzzlin fool... Or a alci... I'd wakeup and drink till I passed out.... Those were the days, when I was such a loser. It's funny how you look back on thinks and see what you were doing was all wrong and never saw it...
Old 10-08-02, 10:14 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Oh, and disco.. I gave up with the rears, so I guess I never solved that problem... But it does look nice both sets cleared.....
Old 10-09-02, 10:31 AM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Yeah, it's hard to see yourself with real eyes with regard to whatever you're in the middle of...
I went through a similar time for my first 3 years in college, but when I got to my senior year I started realized how twisted and unhealthy it all was - I was missing most of the best things in life because I was too busy going nowhere and gettin fat.
That's when it's most important to find appreciation in the finer things in life though.... Like TUNIN and MODDIN! Well, that and fishing, hunting, snowboarding, etc... And family - it seems that no matter how screwed up I got, they were still right there.
Now I'm gettin all mushy on a Wednesday - just being thankful for being in a better place these days!
Anyways, have a great day all!

Oh yeah Mike, sounds good about E-Bay... By the way, you're gonna be jealous - I just finished cleaning my garage up from a VERY similar state this weekend... My motivation was that I couldn't even park my RX in there anymore - just FILLED with tools and parts and stuff... GOOD LUCK.

Originally posted by mrsypher
Hey guys thanks for the comments... Chad, if you see the clear-markers on Ebay get em... Because God knows when I'm going to endup cleaning my garage... Tomorrow I'm going to take a pic and show you guys why I'm so scared to touch that thing... ***** it is soo full that I can't even close it... And as for the size thing.... I'm 5'7" and 205lbs. I was about 280lbs 2 years ago... I was a beer guzzlin fool... Or a alci... I'd wakeup and drink till I passed out.... Those were the days, when I was such a loser. It's funny how you look back on thinks and see what you were doing was all wrong and never saw it...
Old 10-09-02, 07:48 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

.... Yeah I need to really get my @ss in gear and clean my *****....
Old 10-10-02, 02:24 AM
Shonuff
Pole Position

ewww.......he said @ss & ***** and need to clean. ewwwww lol
Old 10-10-02, 10:43 AM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Shonuff
ewww.......he said @ss & ***** and need to clean. ewwwww lol
LMAO!!!

Mike, no lie - at first I read that "gotta get in my @ss and clean out the *****..." Don't know what the hellz wrong w/ my eyes...
LOL

Quick Reply: Euro style clear front bumper lights