ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-1st-gen-1999-2003-182/)
-   -   Control arm plate (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-1st-gen-1999-2003/367094-control-arm-plate.html)

Pescao 07-14-08 07:38 AM

Control arm plate

Hi guys,

I recently bought a 2000 RX 300 with around 100k. There are few things that aren't working right, like the lower control arm plate (both sides)

The Lexus dealer ask me around 300 dollars each, so I found the bushing kit on ebay, replaced the broken one with the new ones and now my SUV dances side to side while driving it. Anyone here knows where to find a cheaper replacement? any toyota car thst uses the same arms?

Thanks

Lexmex 07-14-08 07:50 AM

Welcome to the Club.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...17&postcount=5

If if you are referring to those lower suspension arms (the ones I think you are referring to), I never had luck trying to get the bushings out. I ended up replacing both of the lower control arms and forking over about $300, price you mentioned. That was when I was in Mexico, but I had to import the parts.

The only other one you might want to check out is the Toyota Highlander as that is an almost virtual brother of the RX300, but I don't know offhand of a cheaper place to get that particular item.

jcorredor 07-14-08 11:18 AM

Hola Pescao
I had the same problem; the dealer in San Juan wanted a fortune for the complete control arm assembly; they say the bushing doesn't come alone for the RX. So I bought a "lexus rx300" replacement bushing from Car Stuff. When it came, it was labeled for some other Toyota car (I can't remember right now but I'll take a look tonite). I had it installed and it works fine. Only problem is Car Stuff won't ship to PR; you have to have a contact in the US to receive it and re-ship.
Good luck

jcorredor 07-15-08 06:36 AM

Hey P:escao,
Further to my message of yesterday, the the dealer was ******************.COM and the part number for the bushings is ADUS 507 W0133-162246. I cant find the sticker on the bag that identified the car but I'm sure it didn't say Lexus although they sold it to me as such. Works fine anyway and cost about $60 for the 2 bushing kit.

Pescao 07-15-08 06:50 AM

Got it, thanks to all

Pescao 07-16-08 05:00 AM

Guys,

FYI, After expending a couple of hours comparing the OE lower arm plate of my RX 300, I'm happy to say (proven, its working right now) that our SUV uses the same lower arm plate as the Toyota Camry, 92-98. They ask me at the dealer $300.00 for the original part, I found the replacement for $40.00

I just feel good sharing this information. Hope this will help in the future.

hcfarm 07-31-08 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pescao (Post 3683242)
Guys,

FYI, After expending a couple of hours comparing the OE lower arm plate of my RX 300, I'm happy to say (proven, its working right now) that our SUV uses the same lower arm plate as the Toyota Camry, 92-98. They ask me at the dealer $300.00 for the original part, I found the replacement for $40.00

hi, how did you determine that the Camry arm would fit? how did you find info that showed you that the arm may fit...thanks

Pescao 08-04-08 05:13 AM

I took my arm plate to friend of mine's Auto parts and expended a couple of hours comparing them. Found out they are the same, but way much cheaper.

They are installed on my car and feels real good now.

Hope this help saving a couple of bucks.

MrXerox 09-16-08 10:08 PM

Guys,

Hey bro, I just wanted to thank you for your research and post. Needed new bushings for my lowers on my 99 and the Camry ones fit perfect and saved me a ton of money :woohoo:

dgorrie 12-04-10 11:16 AM

Pescao - just curious what source you had for the $40 Toyota control arm, as I'm seeing online prices of $80 to $150+, and even more at local parts houses. By chance, so you have a P/N that I could compare to?

Thanks for all the info -- a big help.

Guys,

code58 12-04-10 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by dgorrie (Post 5973997)
Pescao - just curious what source you had for the $40 Toyota control arm, as I'm seeing online prices of $80 to $150+, and even more at local parts houses. By chance, so you have a P/N that I could compare to?

Thanks for all the info -- a big help.

Doug- Don't know if you realize you responded to a thread that's well over 2 years old. And also, the guy you asked is from Puerto Rico. Probably not much chance of a response, not from them anyway. Have you tried e-bay?

dgorrie 12-05-10 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by code58 (Post 5975007)
Doug- Don't know if you realize you responded to a thread that's well over 2 years old. And also, the guy you asked is from Puerto Rico. Probably not much chance of a response, not from them anyway. Have you tried e-bay?

I appreciate your watching out for me. I did realize it was a couple years old, but I hated to start a new thread if it wasn't necessary. I knew it was a shot in the dark, but MAYBE Pescao was still in a position to respond. If not, I could try a new thread.

I had looked at eBay and some other sites, but looked again just now. At least for the 92-96 Camry, there is at least one RF control arm for about $105, but it doesn't show as xref to Lexus RX300. There are others for the 1997-2001, but again, they don't xref, hence the reason for trying to identify the P/N that Pescao used. Pinning down the appropriate Camry part hasn't been as direct as I had hoped.

I may try the Highlander next, although that was only mentioned as a possibility before. I might try the individual bushings as well, although it didn't seem that was considered reliable from what I've seen so far.

I'll continue to research eBay. If you come across any other suggestions, I'd obviously be interested. Thanks again

code58 12-05-10 01:32 PM

I'm not surprised that it wouldn't cross reference because Toyota and Lexus don't have the parts books to cross reference between the 2. I always go to Toyota for the parts for my DIL's RX. I have to know ahead of time what parts are the same on the Toyota products as opposed to Lexus. They have no way of checking that. The Lexus parts always come in Toyota packaging. Almost nothing with the actual Lexus name on it. Just a higher price when purchased from Lexus. I think T/L doesn't want either dealer to lose parts sales to the other. The Highlander is essentially an RX with a different body on it, which is originally derived from the Camry, with what they thought were enough changes to make it an SUV. They didn't get some of them quite heavy enough because as you see, some of them don't last quite as long as they should for a vehicle the price of an RX. (the parts #'s on the packaging for Lexus will probably be the same as Toyota, as the name on the package is Toyota, just no cross reference for reasons stated).

thomas1 01-02-11 05:57 AM

Sure would like feedback on the control arms....tire wear the same? And did you guys do a front end alignment after replacing..? I am considering using the 98 Toyota arms and want to be sure there are no problems....

thomas1 01-13-11 07:48 AM

OK bit the bullet, I ordered control arms (beckarnley) for a 1998 Toyota Camry. Boy I hope they are indeed the same and fit my RX300. I ordered them with Ball joints for $218 total...wish me luck