Shocks KYB GR-2 - Page 11 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Shocks KYB GR-2

Old 07-21-15, 07:00 PM   #151
trips1
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
Let me echo what ArtBuc says. The only KYB parts you want to buy are the struts themselves; bellows, insulators, and mounts need to be OEM, or the tubing suggested by LexMex for the insulators.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artbuc View Post
The KYB's do not come with any extras. You should replace the strut mounts. Do yourself a favor and buy factory strut mounts. I would also replace the front strut mount bearings. Again, go for factory bearings. You can probably reuse all rubber parts except for the bottom insulators which isolate the coils spring from the strut.

PS For some reason, the rear strut mount comes with a new rubber bellows to protect the strut making the rear strut mounts more expensive. My old bellows were in pretty good shape front and rear so I wasn't too happy about having to buy new rear bellows but what are ya going to do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreezer80 View Post
I have 110k miles on my '01 RX300 and need to replace all of the struts. Can someone please let me know ALL the parts needed, e.g., struts, bellows, mounts, etc. Or are these struts that come with all of the necessary parts? Thx
I read through almost the whole thread. It seems lot of folks have got their struts changed as a DIY job.
Please can someone help with the part number of items (bellows, mounts, etc ) that i would need to buy from Toyota/Lexus. I am planning to buy everyone myself and then get all my 4 struts replaced by an independent mechanic by paying only for labor. For that i really need to be sure that i don't mess up with any missing part. Part Numbers or web links will help. Also any recommendation where to get the KYB struts for the best price?
Thanks a lot to all the helpful folks on this forum
trips1 is offline   Reply With Quote