RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

What is this "hyperground" and "hypervoltage" that people talk about?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-06, 06:29 PM
miniround
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What is this "hyperground" and "hypervoltage" that people talk about?

...what are those?
Old 12-21-06, 08:15 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by miniround
...what are those?
http://www.sunautomobile.com/products_hyperground.htm

http://www.sunautomobile.com/products_hypervoltage.htm

I have both in my RX300 and I discuss them here,

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2215309/5
Old 12-21-06, 09:19 PM
LiqrSicc
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had them put in a few months back. HyperGround + HyperVoltageGT. I dont know about everybody else but my RX feels a little peppier when I step on the gas.
Old 12-21-06, 11:33 PM
miniround
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

o...but what do they actually do?

and Lexmex...you talked about tightening your throttle cable or w/e...can i DIY that and how would I, and is it really better and/or safe.
Old 12-22-06, 02:43 AM
zombie
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i use to have a sun multi range rev. hyper voltage system on my rx a couple of years ago, but i didn't really feel anything different. im guessing it works like a capacitor for car stereo amps. someone correct me if im wrong.
Old 12-22-06, 07:39 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by miniround
o...but what do they actually do?

and Lexmex...you talked about tightening your throttle cable or w/e...can i DIY that and how would I, and is it really better and/or safe.
I will try to explain how they work.

The hypervoltage is just that, capacitor of sorts, making sure that the flow of electricity is constant when you step on the gas and/or use accessories (radio, a/c etc.).

With the hyperground, kind of makes sure that the signals between your ECU and the rest of the vehicle's systems are with less resistance. Thus, when you hit the gas, that the response is quicker.

What is the benefit, more hp, more torque, crisper bass, brighter lights. I notice these things, but my modifications are more of a lot of things adding up to the whole enchilada in terms of performance.

Still, although I like these two devices, I have recommended that people spend less and get an Optima Red Top battery first (you can spend less if you buy at Costco) and get those high cranking amps. Then go with these other two things later. You can actually take fat speaker wire and make a hyperground system, but I have not found anything better on the market in terms of quality than the hyperground (not that there is not something out there, but just have not found it).

Now, as far as tightening that throttle cable. This is an idea that originally came from our ES forum friend Pheonix, https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=169193

Now in the picture below, you want to move the two nuts as far left as possible in order to tighten the this cable/cord and then you should notice the accelerator pedal is a little tighter and more responsive. Perfectly safe, but you just have to get used to the difference.
Attached Thumbnails What is this "hyperground" and "hypervoltage" that people talk about?-accel_cord.jpg  
Old 12-22-06, 10:13 AM
TunedRX300
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zombie
i use to have a sun multi range rev. hyper voltage system on my rx a couple of years ago, but i didn't really feel anything different. im guessing it works like a capacitor for car stereo amps. someone correct me if im wrong.
Hyper voltage is a glorified capacitor(s) with circuit protection to make installation idiot proof.
Capacity to smooth out voltage so spark plugs can fire as ordered...to support RPM. I suspect different value of capacitors are needed to support low RPM and high RPM, that is why there is LR and MR model.