RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Aux In for RX300

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-12, 06:06 PM
RiderRX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried follow your post to install aux on my 99 RX300. However, I ordered the 4PDT relay socket, and relay from Amazon. and end up I received the relay socket looks sightly different from the shown picture, but it does have number marked, 14 slots.

My questions:

Are they the same but just different looking?

Would that be the same number of sequence( the numbers marked on the socket) as the shown relay socket pic?

Pic of my relay socket:
http://i50.tinypic.com/x5311l.jpg

Thank you so much
RiderRX
Old 11-18-12, 07:23 PM
jrtalbot
Driver School Candidate

Default Noise when charging

I have read through this thread twice and cant find a solution to my problem. I have installed the aux input modifications using the relay approach as shown in the thread. I am trying to use a samsung Galaxy Nexus as input device through the mini stereo plug. It all works perfectly until I plug in the car charger then I get a crackling, interference noise. Alternator noise is also present but not loud. I have tried the recommended noise isolation transformer approach but is simply does not work. Has anyone else had this problem and been able to solve it?
Jim
Old 01-27-13, 08:55 AM
shumif1
Driver School Candidate

Tomv,
What belkin kit did you use. i have a ipod nano ?
Old 01-28-13, 06:55 AM
jrtalbot
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jrtalbot
I have read through this thread twice and cant find a solution to my problem. I have installed the aux input modifications using the relay approach as shown in the thread. I am trying to use a samsung Galaxy Nexus as input device through the mini stereo plug. It all works perfectly until I plug in the car charger then I get a crackling, interference noise. Alternator noise is also present but not loud. I have tried the recommended noise isolation transformer approach but is simply does not work. Has anyone else had this problem and been able to solve it?
Jim
I have solved my own problem and thought it might be helpful for others. The usual solution (isolate the amp from the smartphone using the transformer on the output (RCA jack ) side) did not work for me no matter how many times I tried. But the Kensington Noise Reducing Aux in transformer worked perfectly. No noise (alternator whine or crackling noises). It connects to the miniplug outlet on the smart phone. It is available on amazon for about $15.
Jim
Old 01-29-13, 03:00 PM
chachacha
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

my CD changer on my 99 RX300 has been skipping tracks so I hijacked its audio source with Aux port for my ipod... I dont want complexed wiring so i went it easy route...push the cd button and play your ipod . here is the picture of the result.
Attached Thumbnails Aux In for RX300-img_6069.jpg  
Old 01-29-13, 07:20 PM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts

Did you glue the blank (heated seat switch location)? I would suspect that as one pulls the phono-plug out the blank would come out first.

Salim
Old 01-30-13, 01:53 PM
chachacha
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by salimshah
Did you glue the blank (heated seat switch location)? I would suspect that as one pulls the phono-plug out the blank would come out first.

Salim

No...I didnt...but i tested out how one might insert the plug then pull it out and the whole thing might come out...the blank stayed well...I used the 3.5mm female stereo jack from radioshack: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...oAAA&gclsrc=ds

This is my homebrew wiring scheme for speaker wires and RCA wire if anyone here wonders:
Attached Thumbnails Aux In for RX300-aux-jack-wiring.png  
Old 02-03-13, 01:04 PM
shumif1
Driver School Candidate

I just did this to my rx. works great ,easy instal
Old 02-04-13, 06:53 AM
nautix
Driver School Candidate

Simply use AUX Audio Tape Cassette Adapter for iPod iPhone cost $3.99
Old 02-04-13, 07:00 AM
nautix
Driver School Candidate

AUX Audio Tape Cassette Adapter for iPod iPhone cost $3.99
Attached Thumbnails Aux In for RX300-car-cassettte-adaptor.jpg  
Old 02-04-13, 10:47 AM
JAB
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

ChaChaCha: Could you elaborate on the 'CD Changer Connection' end of your installation? RCA jacks? Terminals?
Old 02-04-13, 03:37 PM
shumif1
Driver School Candidate

Jab...
remove your glove box and CD changer.. on the back of your CD changer you will see the connector CHA CHA CHA is talking about
Old 02-04-13, 03:38 PM
shumif1
Driver School Candidate

i tried the old tape with ipod connector , poor sound ... so much clearer with the connection to the CD player.
Old 01-21-14, 05:01 PM
99rxowner
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chachacha
No...I didnt...but i tested out how one might insert the plug then pull it out and the whole thing might come out...the blank stayed well...I used the 3.5mm female stereo jack from radioshack: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...oAAA&gclsrc=ds

This is my homebrew wiring scheme for speaker wires and RCA wire if anyone here wonders:
chachacha...i did this to my 99 rx300 & have noticed that when my headlights kick on from the automatic, or when other electrical sensors kick in, it will short out my cd changer causing it to power off...has anyone had that problem?
Any suggestions as to what could repair the problem?
I love the mod! its a great thought! i just would like to know if you have any ideas you could suggest?
thanks!
Old 01-21-14, 08:35 PM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts

Originally Posted by 99rxowner
chachacha...i did this to my 99 rx300 & have noticed that when my headlights kick on from the automatic, or when other electrical sensors kick in, it will short out my cd changer causing it to power off...has anyone had that problem?
Any suggestions as to what could repair the problem?
I love the mod! its a great thought! i just would like to know if you have any ideas you could suggest?
thanks!
There is something going on with your electrical wiring. I would check battery terminals and various ground. Apparently you are experiencing voltage droop as additional loads come on line. There may be an issue with the battery/alternator. If a particular circuit is overloaded that experiences brown outs. At times adding a capacitor can keep the voltage from dropping at a device too. Audiophiles typically add big caps to their audio system ... please get appropriate advice before adding them.

Salim

Quick Reply: Aux In for RX300