ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-1st-gen-1999-2003-182/)
-   -   To Lexus Corporate - 2003 Lexus RX300 - Request while waiting! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-1st-gen-1999-2003/19845-to-lexus-corporate-2003-lexus-rx300-request-while-waiting.html)

lexguynj 08-13-01 10:06 PM

Hey if anyone from Lexus Corporate is listening out there, I will be patient and wait for the newly revamped 2003 RX300 in the fall of 2002. This will be for my wife, since the IS300 is overall too small, the ES300 doesn't have enough power and no need for 2 GSs in the family, so that leaves me with the LS, which I can't afford yet and of course the best selling RX300.

I just need to make sure of the following when you revamp it:

1. Give me more power. 220 is not enough these days in this segment of the market. Give me at least 260HP.
2. Give me the ML Audio / NAV Package. These 2 together are simply the best out there. Especially a great Audio System
3. Give me a Sports Package option to choose from, that has enhanced handling like the current SS Edition, more aggressive and larger rims and tires and also includes the rear wing spoiler at least as well as side rails. BMW's X5 has this already.
4. Make sure the revamped exterior is more sporty too. Not sure how to explain this, but you can't mess too much with perfection, but make it a head turner.
5. Keep the competitive price the same, so we all can still afford this great vehicle.

Power, High End Audio, Navigation, Sports Package, head turner, this is all I ask for in my long wait for the 2003 RX300.

Thanks for listening to me and my fellow club lexus members.

spinteews 08-13-01 10:41 PM

Making me jealous, now me and my SS is nothing compared to that list =P

lexguynj 08-13-01 10:43 PM

Originally posted by spinteews
Making me jealous, now me and my SS is nothing compared to that list =P
SPINTEEWS, not to worry, I really like your SS EDITION. That is one sweet looking vehicle. It's smarter to get it know while you can get deals on it, since when the new 2003 comes out, you will see waiting lists and pricing at MSRP. This is afterall Lexus's best selling model.

SS EDITION is SWEEEEEEEEEET!

sleepybobcat 08-14-01 08:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I like my current '01 RX300 very much. Sure, it could
use an extra 50 horses and other goodies.

The totally-new '03-'04 RX will be built in Toyota's new
plant in Canada. The current RX300s are made by
Toyota's facility in Kyushu, Japan. I'm EXTREMELY
concerned about quality issues with the new RX. As
good as Toyota is, there will be first year production
issues from a brand new production plant. You only
have to look at two of the Toyota plants in the US.
One of which produced the Camry and Avalon. The
first two model years they produced cars there in the
mid-90s had awful results... However, it eventually
went back up to Toyota's high standard...

My advice? Wait until the new RX is in its second year
of production before buying one.

By the way, Toyota is already coming out with a brand
new Lexus ES. See photo attached.

Francis 08-14-01 09:29 AM

Originally posted by spinteews
3. Give me a Sports Package option to choose from, that has enhanced handling like the current SS Edition, more aggressive and larger rims and tires and also includes the rear wing spoiler at least as well as side rails. BMW's X5 has this already.

I think 17’ wheel should be standard, 18’ optional and no more Goodyear integrity tire.

spinteews 08-14-01 10:07 AM

I just want my factory HIDS, dealers not letting me buy it from them... sigh, my lights aint bright enough, its too dark at night hehe

vicpai 08-14-01 01:23 PM

Pretty much covers it.......and couple more things!

Originally posted by lexguynj
Hey if anyone from Lexus Corporate is listening out there, I will be patient and wait for the newly revamped 2003 RX300 in the fall of 2002. This will be for my wife, since the IS300 is overall too small, the ES300 doesn't have enough power and no need for 2 GSs in the family, so that leaves me with the LS, which I can't afford yet and of course the best selling RX300.

I just need to make sure of the following when you revamp it:

1. Give me more power. 220 is not enough these days in this segment of the market. Give me at least 260HP.
2. Give me the ML Audio / NAV Package. These 2 together are simply the best out there. Especially a great Audio System
4. Make sure the revamped exterior is more sporty too. Not sure how to explain this, but you can't mess too much with perfection, but make it a head turner.
5. Keep the competitive price the same, so we all can still afford this great vehicle.

Power, High End Audio, Navigation, Sports Package, head turner, this is all I ask for in my long wait for the 2003 RX300.

Thanks for listening to me and my fellow club lexus members.

I, too, am waiting with abated breath for the redesigned RX 300. I do agree with sleepybobcat that the first year will probably have some quality issues, so I just might wait till the second year of production. However I do not agree that there will be waiting lists even though the vehicle might sell close to or at MSRP for the first few months in showrooms. Lexus does not operate the way some sleazy, dishonest and cheap companies like Honda/Acura do (does something come to mind........wait......oh yeah, its called the MDX! :rolleyes: )
Anyways, getting back to the point, I really do hope they give some additional power...around 260bhp would be great, but AT LEAST 240bhp!!!...and don't forget a 5-SPEED AUTO would also be good, and a slightly more aerodynamic body with reduced wind, road and engine noise (this I don't even think I have to mention, cause Lexus does this by default on every new model they bring out!)

vicpai 08-14-01 01:33 PM

Oh, I forgot just one other thing......

It would be good if they gave the 4-wheel-drive model a little additional minimum GROUND CLEARANCE (say at least 8 to 8-and-a-half inches) and add skid plates as well, while they can make the 2WD model a little lower and leave the skid plates out (JUST AS THEY'VE DONE WITH THEIR Toyota RAV4)..........interestingly, a spy photo I saw looks like they've drawn a lot of styling cues from the RAV4!! (looks REAAAAALLLLY gorgeous!!!!) :)

lexguynj 08-14-01 04:54 PM

OH SHOOT! A CANADIAN LEXUS RX300? What is this world coming too?! :-)

The Canadians are no better than us American's in making a car. If you want perfection, made in Japan is still the closest you can get to perfection.

Look at the BMW X5, Acura CL & TL, all great cars, but the same stinking problems like any other GM or FORD car out there. Not as much, but still there, from even the smallest rattles and creaks that will drive any owner crazy!

Time to get your SS EDITION while you can!

LeXusBoy 08-14-01 10:37 PM

Haha...man I cant wait till I can get an RX for my self...

vicpai 08-15-01 08:15 AM

Dont worry!!!!

OH SHOOT! A CANADIAN LEXUS RX300? What is this world coming too?! :-)

The Canadians are no better than us American's in making a car. If you want perfection, made in Japan is still the closest you can get to perfection.

Look at the BMW X5, Acura CL & TL, all great cars, but the same stinking problems like any other GM or FORD car out there. Not as much, but still there, from even the smallest rattles and creaks that will drive any owner crazy!

Time to get your SS EDITION while you can!

Seriously, don't worry.....the first year or two might have some quality issues, but I'm sure they'll be up to usual Japanese standards after that. I owned a 2000 Acura 3.2TL made in Marysville, Ohio and it was AS TIGHT AND TROUBLE-FREE AS ANYTHING MADE IN JAPAN. I had it for 8 months/13,000 miles (not one single problem) until it got stolen. Ironically, my 2001 Toyota 4 Runner which is built in Tahara, Japan has a few dash rattles and has been back to the dealer twice already !!

Even though, in general, I agree that vehicles that are actually made in Japan are marginally better built, the diferrence is not that much (as far as Japanese companies go).
But the German companies - now that's a whole different story - they have just not learned how to maintain their quality at their American factories - But, then again, even their German built vehicles are not all that reliable in the first place!!!

billyboy 08-19-01 08:58 AM

2003 rx from Canada

We just got rid of our 2001 Acura MDX. I have to say the fit and finish were very good, it's short comings were they cheapened it in the name of price. Plastic wood, cheap plastic interior pieces the marked and scratched too easily, non adjusting head rests, cheap leather, just tried to be luxury but couldn't quite make it. We now have a 2001 X5, 3.0. Has all the luxury appointments and the fit and finish appears to be fine(so far). Bottom line is even it can't touch my RX300 as far as quality and ride, especially the ride.
Now what the Canadians will do to the 2003 RX remains to be seen. I personally will probably trade my 2000 in on the last of the 2002's .I want the Japanese quality.

lexguynj 08-19-01 09:16 AM

Re: 2003 rx from Canada

Originally posted by billyboy
We just got rid of our 2001 Acura MDX. I have to say the fit and finish were very good, it's short comings were they cheapened it in the name of price. Plastic wood, cheap plastic interior pieces the marked and scratched too easily, non adjusting head rests, cheap leather, just tried to be luxury but couldn't quite make it. We now have a 2001 X5, 3.0. Has all the luxury appointments and the fit and finish appears to be fine(so far). Bottom line is even it can't touch my RX300 as far as quality and ride, especially the ride.
Now what the Canadians will do to the 2003 RX remains to be seen. I personally will probably trade my 2000 in on the last of the 2002's .I want the Japanese quality.

Why would you want to trade in a brand new 2001 MDX that most people had to be wait listed on for a BMW X5 3.0 (it's not even the 4.0 (V8) version)? Either something must have been terribly wrong with the MDX or you have enough money to trade in your cars each year. ;-)

The BMW X5 is a beautiful car, but people often say the 3.0 liter 6 just doesn't give enough power for this size of vehicle. That is why the BMW V8 is so sweet. The only problem is the quality out of the SOUTH CAROLINA BMW Plant for the X5. There was a recall due to the engines catching on fire. BMW should clean up their reliability act, so they can make cool, yet very reliable cars.

All I see now is the RX300 Silversport edition and I don't mind the Canadians building the next generation, just make sure you do it right!

vicpai 08-20-01 11:11 AM

Re: 2003 rx from Canada

Originally posted by billyboy

Good choice! I'm sure if you had kept the MDX a little longer you would have been able to see firsthand all the reliability and quality issues. I've seen many of these problems posted in the www.acuramdx.org website. These include: suspension thuds, power steering problems, starting/stalling issues, "weeping mirrors", check engine light coming on!!!! etc. etc. - I was originally in the market for this vehicle, now I know better to stick to the best - RX 300 - Can't believe the MDX really is a Japanese vehicle - And Acura customer service - Now that's another story....Let me not even go there for now!!

vicpai 08-20-01 11:16 AM

you just might think differently......

The BMW X5 is a beautiful car, but people often say the 3.0 liter 6 just doesn't give enough power for this size of vehicle. That is why the BMW V8 is so sweet. The only problem is the quality out of the SOUTH CAROLINA BMW Plant for the X5. There was a recall due to the engines catching on fire. BMW should clean up their reliability act, so they can make cool, yet very reliable cars.

I was one of those people that swore by Japanese reliability until I saw all the problems with the Honda Odyssey, and now, if you visit the acura enthusiast's website you will see a number of problems with the MDX (may not be as bad as the ML 320, X5 or American vehicles) - but nevertheless, a surprisingly poor showing for a Japanese company like Honda!!!