RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Windows not working after battery is replaced

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-14, 07:11 AM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts

Originally Posted by ozarshad
After replacing the battery on my Lexus RX-330 i had the same issue which is solved following the instruction from rl9905. Many thanks.
Welcome to CL.

Glad that postings here were useful for you. You can further enrich this forum by posting your thoughts. And remember to introduce your self and picture of your ride.

Salim
Old 02-16-15, 05:25 PM
maggsmom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery replaced and power windows not working

I read some back threads which saved me a fortune. I made the mistake of going to a mechanic to replace my battery in my RX 330. After it was changed out my power windows stopped working. He actually told me it was the luck of the draw and he would have to replace the master window mechanism. My answer was no. The part was $700 plus labor! So, I've been driving around a couple of days without my windows working and googled this site. There it was, the answer. I can't thank you all enough. I just went to each door and opened each window halfway. Then I closed each one and held the button in the up position for a couple of seconds. Reset! Everything works now. Thank you so much!

Old 12-03-15, 03:17 PM
BobHar46
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks from another satisfied reader. I got the windows working, BUT

I wasn't able to "Normalize" the moon roof. I pushed the "Tilt Up" button as directed, but then things still weren't working as expected when I tried to open or tilt the moon roof. Is there any more to the Normalization procedure that I am missing?please help
Thanks Bob

To normalize the moon roof, push and hold the switch on the "TILT UP" side until the moon roof tilts all the way up and then tilts down a little automatically.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-09-21, 08:22 AM
zevoncshi
Driver School Candidate

Hello all, this is my first post.
I've read/used this forum several times and decided to join. I drove Acuras for years and switched over to Lexus about 10 years ago. I've just purchased a 2007 LS460, and took it to my trusted mechanic. I knew the vehicle had some issues as I purchased it from an auction. More on that in a different post. I drove the vehicle home last night from the mechanic and noticed the same window problem being discussed on this forum. Driver side and rear driver side window works, but all the others doesn't roll down. I've taken note of the advise given here and will try it when I get home in a few hours. I will let you guys know how it turns it.
Again, Great Forum!
Old 04-09-21, 08:45 AM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts

Originally Posted by zevoncshi
Hello all, this is my first post.
I've read/used this forum several times and decided to join. I drove Acuras for years and switched over to Lexus about 10 years ago. I've just purchased a 2007 LS460, and took it to my trusted mechanic. I knew the vehicle had some issues as I purchased it from an auction. More on that in a different post. I drove the vehicle home last night from the mechanic and noticed the same window problem being discussed on this forum. Driver side and rear driver side window works, but all the others doesn't roll down. I've taken note of the advise given here and will try it when I get home in a few hours. I will let you guys know how it turns it.
Again, Great Forum!
Welcome to club Lexus.
There are lot of similarities in the functioning of vehicles which you can apply from one vehicle to another. But there are unique quirks about model and even year to year change. Please feel free to exchange ideas, but do keep in mind that most of the members here in RX300 first gen will be able to field your questions as they relate to RX300. For 2007 LS460, we have a dedicated sub-forum and if you prefer, I can move your post to that area, But since you clearly stated that the you are focusing on the issue and not the vehicle model, I will leave it here.
Thank you for the kind words about the quality of the Forum ... and it reflects on the the members maturity and mutual kindness.

Salim