RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Sirius Satellite Radio interfering with GPS

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-04, 09:29 AM
mrudie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Satellite Radio interfering with GPS

Hello all - it's been a LONG time since I've visited these forums, I don't know why I ever left!! What an awesome site for information!!

Anyway, the reason I came here is because I'm having problems with my new Sirius Satellite Radio installaion.

I have the Audiovox tuner, and it's mounted on top of the dash on top of the LCD screen.

The problem is that now I'm losing the GPS signal. (The little green GPS indicator under the compass on the display screen does NOT show up anymore.)

If I turn the Audiovox Sirius unit off for a while I will sometimes get the GPS indicator to come back on, and it STAYS ON as long as I leave the Sirius turned off. As soon as I turn it back on again, I lose the GPS indicator.

I just started having these problems the second I had the Audiovox Sirius Satellite Radio tuner installed - it's obviously causing some kind of interference with the satellite signal for the GPS.

I had XM previously, and NEVER had an issue with it, but I hated the Pioneer tuner because it had such a small display. I love the Audiovox tuner for the Sirius Satellite Radio because of the display screen, and LOVE the selection on Sirius so I don't want to lose it.

I only have a few days left to return this to Best Buy if I decide it's too much trouble and annoyance with the intereference of the GPS, so I want to try and figure out if there's ANYTHING I can do to fix this!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!

Last edited by mrudie; 08-11-04 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-11-04, 09:45 AM
jayskinner
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Early units of the original Delphi Roady interfered with GPS signals, too. Delphi fixed the problem and swaps the unit for those who need it.