Road Course and Auto-X Discussion about road course, time trial and autocross racing.

Pics of the F before her Track Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-10, 08:47 PM
Damage
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Uh oh indeed...

Very nice write up Rob and many points well put. There is only a few things that you missed. Yes the car was entered in TTB and Dave S is a very good driver but when the car is run through the TT class paperwork again it will most likely fall in TTA or TTS and it will have more competition in that class. What he also did was come to a single event and totally screw up the points standings for drivers that have been running in TTB all year long and he made no friends there. Third the car left the race track on a trailer and did not drive home. I waved at Dave and gave him the thumbs up as he drove past me with the car on the trailer. I also find it in very bad taste that you disrespect other cars and drivers who built there car to the exact rule set for the TT Series and Class. SO to make it clear he was running a 5.0 liter 416 HP 371 Ft pounds of torque all being put through a 8 speed SDST transmission and his competition was cars that had from 289 HP to 325HP and standard five speed transmissions. With all the facts i think there was a bit of a unfair advantage.

Pendejo

Looks like some upset drivers there. :P
Old 08-08-10, 09:01 PM
SCCAForums
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I wish I knew who he was? I'm good friends with 2 of the 3 guys that were running for points... my only guess is he is friends with the 'other guy' named David Jordain. He was nice to my face, but the other guys in TTB were telling me he was pissing up a storm after my first session had him by like 5 seconds...

He needed to place 2nd or higher I believe to win their points championship... he'd been beating the other two F-Body's with his race prepped BMW M3 all year long. However... on this track... the F-Body's were also a good second or more ahead of him... so I had nothing to do with their points ending (from what I can tell) not to mention Jordain's BMW lost a valve on lap 2 of his 2nd session out... and he had to use a rental car, or daily driver of some sort.

Well, I definitely didn't mean to mess with their points... They have the new M3 also classed in TTB, at almost 200lbs less... so I'll try to 'rent' one of those for the next weekend. LOL

Dave
Old 08-10-10, 01:34 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SCCAForums
Yeah, I wish I knew who he was? I'm good friends with 2 of the 3 guys that were running for points... my only guess is he is friends with the 'other guy' named David Jordain. He was nice to my face, but the other guys in TTB were telling me he was pissing up a storm after my first session had him by like 5 seconds...

He needed to place 2nd or higher I believe to win their points championship... he'd been beating the other two F-Body's with his race prepped BMW M3 all year long. However... on this track... the F-Body's were also a good second or more ahead of him... so I had nothing to do with their points ending (from what I can tell) not to mention Jordain's BMW lost a valve on lap 2 of his 2nd session out... and he had to use a rental car, or daily driver of some sort.

Well, I definitely didn't mean to mess with their points... They have the new M3 also classed in TTB, at almost 200lbs less... so I'll try to 'rent' one of those for the next weekend. LOL

Dave
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You thought you were fast with the F?

Wait till you drive that new "M3" LOLL
Old 08-10-10, 10:00 AM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Wow! Thanks for sharing. I almost missed this. Looking at your extensive experience and skills, I think you would have done well with any other car, so props for representing with the F! So nice to see it dominate on the track with a race car driver. I bet there were a lot of faces around the track.
Old 08-10-10, 12:17 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Damage
Uh oh indeed...

Very nice write up Rob and many points well put. There is only a few things that you missed. Yes the car was entered in TTB and Dave S is a very good driver but when the car is run through the TT class paperwork again it will most likely fall in TTA or TTS and it will have more competition in that class. What he also did was come to a single event and totally screw up the points standings for drivers that have been running in TTB all year long and he made no friends there. Third the car left the race track on a trailer and did not drive home. I waved at Dave and gave him the thumbs up as he drove past me with the car on the trailer. I also find it in very bad taste that you disrespect other cars and drivers who built there car to the exact rule set for the TT Series and Class. SO to make it clear he was running a 5.0 liter 416 HP 371 Ft pounds of torque all being put through a 8 speed SDST transmission and his competition was cars that had from 289 HP to 325HP and standard five speed transmissions. With all the facts i think there was a bit of a unfair advantage.

Pendejo

Looks like some upset drivers there. :P
If I could meet that guy face to face, I'd have 3 words for him. "You mad LOL?"

Yeah, I'd spell out LOL for him.
Old 08-10-10, 01:28 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Dave
Hi Dave!

Great coverage. Any chance you will be coming back to Fontana for another run? If so, let me know, I live in the area.

Regards,
Ryan
Old 08-10-10, 01:53 PM
SCCAForums
Driver

There is an event this weekend at Firebird, I'm planning on bringing the Camaro... but I'll have the F there too, 'just in case'

I don't think Fontana runs again till something like October.

Peace,
Dave
Old 08-10-10, 04:57 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was an enjoyable read, including many of the comments (sniveling or not) but regardless, great job.

Last edited by hwy1isf; 08-10-10 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-10-10, 05:11 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by t0e
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You thought you were fast with the F?

Wait till you drive that new "M3" LOLL
Yes b/c putting M3 is giant bold font makes it faster. Add some red for more effect.

Lets not turn this into a lame M3 vs IS F discussion. Skip Barber uses both.
Old 08-10-10, 09:57 PM
Imnutz4jdm
Lexus Test Driver

out of everything i m loving the garage lol
Old 08-20-10, 02:23 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noticed his ISF has the open diff; the 2010 has LSDt; I wonder how many seconds he would've been able to knock off hmnn
Old 09-04-10, 05:45 PM
SCCAForums
Driver

Hey guys! Just saw this over on another forum... Lexus Magazine put up a good write up about the weekend, check it out when you have time: https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...010_08_31.html
Old 09-04-10, 09:35 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys! Just saw this over on another forum... Lexus Magazine put up a good write up about the weekend, check it out when you have time: https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...010_08_31.html
Great article, enjoyed reading it
Old 09-08-10, 12:30 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Hey guys! Just saw this over on another forum... Lexus Magazine put up a good write up about the weekend, check it out when you have time:

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...010_08_31.html
Great Job again Dave !!

and

Great article by Lexus Magazine..

Joe Z
Old 09-08-10, 07:37 PM
ming15237
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Great Job again Dave !!

and

Great article by Lexus Magazine..

Joe Z

Ya it was, but what they left out of the article was that they just black listed your warranty....

Quick Reply: Pics of the F before her Track Weekend