RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Yet another potential owner with some Q's and price check!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-19, 01:02 PM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 260 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Yet another potential owner with some Q's and price check!

Hello all! I'm yet another potential owner of an RCF or even GSF if I can hold off a bit longer. Basically looking for a 15-16 for under $44k OTD. Likely it will be near the end or out of warranty so I'm curious on what to expect. Also considering other cars like ATSV, CTSV2, C63, F80, or just further modding my ISF with PPE headers and some extras. Goal for the car would be a daily driver ran/snow/shine, with light autox/drag strip trips. I drive 20-30k a year so something reliable that doesn't fall much in value is always the goal. I've read as many threads as I could on potential owner questions so I'll try to keep it short:

-Triple beam headlights. Do they weaken over time, or are they upgradable/replaceable? These cars are still fairly new, but I am planning to keep it for 2-3 years so just curious what issues if any people have had.

-ML audio system. Mandatory to own? I am a bit surprised that so many for sale seem to not have it, yet have the navigation/blind spot monitoring/etc. I have read some say that the non-Mark Levinson system is still better than the ML in the ISF. Thoughts?

-TVD. I'd love to have it if only for the CF, but have also seen the eye watering $20k cost of a TVD replacement. Is it something to worry about as far as maintenance or repairs out of warranty? Has anyone had issues with theirs under warranty?

-Rear wing issues? Looks like some even mod them to sit 2" higher. With it constantly going up and down, any issues to worry about?

-Any other worries without warranty?

-OEM wheel options. Not sure what they're names are but basically the fat spoke, tiny spoke, or fancy PP package wheels. Any differences between their specs/weights? I'd replace with aftermarket but not sure if there's anything worth knowing as far as differences.

-Does anyone keep a dog in the back seat? I saw a post of a gentleman using the passenger seat for a service animal, but not many using the back seat. With my ISF I can take the dog and the lady easily everywhere with me(with the backseat with a cover of course). I'm sure I won't mind it at first, but might it become super annoying?

-As far as other cars in it's segment, has anyone switched from or to the F80/C63/ATSV/CTSV2 and had an RCF also? RCF and GSF are top of the list for me, but the power potential in the others is also worth consideration to me.

Lastly, a local RCF a few states away from me popped up that has my attention. 2015, no ML, no TVD/performance pack. Black with red interior with clean history and 49k miles. Car has mods such as Borla, Rays wheels, Lexon CF kit, BC Coilovers, Apexi intake. Only stock parts are intake/suspension. Asking $41k private seller. Thoughts on price?

Thank you all for reading this far. I love my ISF and have been waiting for GSF prices to drop, but should a nice RCF pop up I'd like to be fully in the know of what to expect before I jump on it. Hope to stay in the Lexus V8 club!

Last edited by LexusfanVA; 06-13-19 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-13-19, 01:24 PM
ProfSCCA
Driver

Received 82 Likes on 33 Posts

Purchased 8 weeks ago. Dallas TX.
2016 RC-F. TVD Carbon luxury. Black/Black. 26k miles. New-ish Michelins. Solid service records and history. Factory warranty runs out Dec. 2020. Flawless.
$44.5
Easily located two in town, same time, same specs and price on both.
(BTW--Stickered and PO bought new Dec 2016 for $79.5 ) An Incredible deal--Easy-sneezy!
My small white dog sits in my lap and rests chin on door for that wind-blown feeling.
Old 06-13-19, 03:36 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

I bought mine in 2017 with less than 8000 miles on it. Molten Pearl special color, TVD/Carbon, all options. Best decision. Could not be happier with the car. It has it all in spades. Also, having now close to 500 HP and zero problems, it is really extremely well engineered. Even my Corolla XRS had issues that were fixed under warranty when I bought it brand new in 2004.
Old 06-13-19, 04:03 PM
admnEffect
Rookie

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Purchased mine recently from NY got it shipped to FL
45K OTD
13.4k miles Certified Pre-owned One owner and it was a corporate owner(means a corporate owner of Lexus owned it. Which happened to be the Primary manager at the Lexus dealership)
15' Liquid Platinum and Black interior RCF
Has every single option available for the RCF TVD/ML/CF/Blindspot /Nav.
Old 06-13-19, 04:20 PM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 260 Likes on 158 Posts

Thanks guys. Forgot to mention my goal is to find ideally a black exterior, maybe blue, and red leather only. Plans for mods are exhaust/wheels/USRS/aesthetics/maybe headers etc

Last edited by LexusfanVA; 06-13-19 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-14-19, 02:40 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

PM me on your time frame as you are not far away. I have every option including the TVD, carbon package, ML sound system, blindspot, Nav, triple beam LED. I also have the borla exhaust, the RR racing exhaust and the stock exhaust for it. The USRS you mentioned is also already installed (stock bushings available). Brand new Pilot 4s tires. Car is garage kept and not driven in the winter at all and only a few times in the rain. Under 23k miles.

Car is USB (blue) with the stratus gray seats - yes I know you mentioned wanting red.

Full warranty link is here.
https://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/RC-F-WSG.pdf
Old 06-14-19, 04:23 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

What are you planning on getting next?

Originally Posted by Apone
PM me on your time frame as you are not far away. I have every option including the TVD, carbon package, ML sound system, blindspot, Nav, triple beam LED. I also have the borla exhaust, the RR racing exhaust and the stock exhaust for it. The USRS you mentioned is also already installed (stock bushings available). Brand new Pilot 4s tires. Car is garage kept and not driven in the winter at all and only a few times in the rain. Under 23k miles.

Car is USB (blue) with the stratus gray seats - yes I know you mentioned wanting red.

Full warranty link is here.
https://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/RC-F-WSG.pdf