RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

potential Joining the family some newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-19, 05:13 PM
SKGT
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can it be orange? Someone mentioned this on the FB group. I went and found it. It's in Cali. Looks fully loaded. Edit: Doesn't have the TVD but has the carbon? Unless that is wrapped.

https://www.carmax.com/car/17493189

Last edited by SKGT; 05-19-19 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-19-19, 05:50 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by SKGT
Can it be orange? Someone mentioned this on the FB group. I went and found it. It's in Cali. Looks fully loaded. Edit: Doesn't have the TVD but has the carbon? Unless that is wrapped.

https://www.carmax.com/car/17493189
It has a sunroof. Not a performance package.
Old 05-19-19, 05:54 PM
SKGT
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
It has a sunroof. Not a performance package.
Lol DUH me. Clear as day in one of the pictures. The wrapped roof and spoiler were throwing me off.
Old 05-19-19, 06:15 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by SKGT
Lol DUH me. Clear as day in one of the pictures. The wrapped roof and spoiler were throwing me off.
The orange shark fin is also a dead giveaway and also looks out of place. We get black shark fins with carbon/TVD
The following users liked this post:
djeayzonne (05-22-19)
Old 05-21-19, 03:53 PM
theman
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Mint - Make sure you read everything from the dealer side of it too... that silver one is a great deal, but if you read further there is a slight bit more $$, "The Internet Price is reflective after 1995 down." Even with that though, they just dropped the price over $4k so you could probably get them to take the listed price pretty easily, and shake them down for a ship to you fee of less than a grand hopefully. I'm sure there are some members local to whatever car you're interested in that may be able to glance it over for you in person too.

Last edited by theman; 05-21-19 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-21-19, 04:05 PM
theman
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by MintCaster
Do you guys do your maintenance at Lexus or do you do it somewhere else or at home?
I got Quoted $324 per month from farmers Full coverage is this considered high for a 24 yr old 0 claim 0 accident living in LA?
And what are your guys thought on this RCF price
Any tips on buying a car from another state? (Not many to choose from in LA)
I'm looking to purchase a clean title one owner RCF in White or Dark grey with red interior, ML speakers and the Optional headlights under 50k on the odometer
I would only take mine to lexus if it was a warranty or factory issued item fix... and even then I'd double check everything at my own shop.
I'm with the others on keep looking, but surprised the carmax wasn't a more sound car, they usually go over all that stuff before they resell vehicles... if you find the right one through them with a much better report their shipment to a local place for you is really cheap, and you can go over the car in person before purchasing so you're only out that $0-400 transfer fee if you decide not to get it.
Old 05-21-19, 08:59 PM
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

While your insurance cost does sound high, it's not the type of thing that strangers on the internet can accurately judge as we don't have a breakdown of your coverages to know how they got to $XXX/mo. If you have super low deductibles, full coverage, $50k/$100k or $100k/$300k limits, your location even plays a pretty significant factor, there are a ton of variables here. You need to shop around and make sure that when you're getting a quote, the coverages are identical if you want a genuine comparison from one company to the next. There's a myth that once you hit a certain age your car insurance rates will decrease, but that really comes down to the company and their specific policies.

As far as the car you initially posted, I personally avoid anything that's been in an accident. Be patient and hold out until you find exactly what you want. I got mine (2015) with 16k miles and a clean CarFax for just about what CarMax was asking for that example...granted, it took over a month of going back and forth with the salesperson, and I had to fly about 2000 miles away and drive it back, but it was well worth it for me.
Old 05-21-19, 11:10 PM
MintCaster
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 46750
While your insurance cost does sound high, it's not the type of thing that strangers on the internet can accurately judge as we don't have a breakdown of your coverages to know how they got to $XXX/mo. If you have super low deductibles, full coverage, $50k/$100k or $100k/$300k limits, your location even plays a pretty significant factor, there are a ton of variables here. You need to shop around and make sure that when you're getting a quote, the coverages are identical if you want a genuine comparison from one company to the next. There's a myth that once you hit a certain age your car insurance rates will decrease, but that really comes down to the company and their specific policies.

As far as the car you initially posted, I personally avoid anything that's been in an accident. Be patient and hold out until you find exactly what you want. I got mine (2015) with 16k miles and a clean CarFax for just about what CarMax was asking for that example...granted, it took over a month of going back and forth with the salesperson, and I had to fly about 2000 miles away and drive it back, but it was well worth it for me.
You Drove 2000 miles??? woah
Old 05-22-19, 01:16 AM
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

You Drove 2000 miles??? woah
Yeah, I'd been looking for the right car for a couple months and couldn't find anything close by. I narrowed it down to an RC-F in TX, one in WI, and one in MN. When the sales guy in MN made their last price drop I knew I had him where I wanted him, so I pulled the trigger, put down a deposit, and jumped on a plane the next morning. Signed the papers and was on the road by 8pm that night. I've bought several vehicles out of state over the years, and the one time I shipped the car I was super annoyed that it took like 3 weeks. I find there's nothing quite like a little road trip to christen the new purchase...
Old 05-22-19, 08:32 AM
Mr. Klean
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Today I went out and test drove a 2015 RCF absolutely love the car and I'm considering buying one as a daily and joining the family
I have a couple of questions regarding owning an RCF I don't know what kind of car you're coming from, but you will love the Japanese engineering and the Lexus brand. I have been driving Toyota's since '94 and even with all the modding, they are still reliable cars. There were a few questionable years in there, but for the most part, they are reliable and easily modifiable cars.

Do you guys do your maintenance at Lexus or do you do it somewhere else or at home? I have always done my own maintenance on all my cars; however, I got Lexus to throw it in for the next 3 years as part of my deal. I will be doing my own after that is up...I probably will be doing my own while the 3 years are in service anyway. No one will love your machine like you do; remember that.

I got Quoted $324 per month from farmers Full coverage is this considered high for a 24 yr old 0 claim 0 accident living in LA? That's VERY high, but then again, i'm 41.5...but still, I have 3 cars on my policy (all high performance) and I do not pay that for all 3. Unfortunately, if you're under 25, single and have no kids, it equals paying out the eyeballs for coverage. As you get older and develop more responsibilities that insurance companies deem as making you a lower risk, that will come down.

And what are your guys thought on this RCF price I paid about that but with less mileage for the same year (mine had 26K miles) and mine had no accidents (i'm not sure if you checked the history on the car). I tend to avoid buying cars from anywhere that snows and look for 1 owner cars. Remember, if you buy your F frm a Lexus dealer, you should be able to get it CPO'd. If it's not, thats a red flag.

Any tips on buying a car from another state? (Not many to choose from in LA) I have driven over 2100 miles for a car before and towed it back home. It all depends on how much you really want it at the end of the day. This car is not super rare, but is still rare nonetheless- especially when youre looking for a specific color combination.

I'm looking to purchase a clean title one owner RCF in White or Dark grey with red interior, ML speakers and the Optional headlights under 50k on the odometer -I think they all come with ML and the triple beam LED headlights so the harder option would be to locate the color combo. The white on red should be easiest, though.

Any other tips and things that someone like me should know about the RC F If gas mileage is an issue for you, do not get this car. Its definitely SMILES per gallon, not miles per gallon lol. The car is good out the box (performance-wise). I personally would like to adjust the stance and add some wheels to it, but am not hard-pressed to do this right away...which is surprising because I mod EVERYTHING- even my lawn mower. But if you love machines in general, this will not disappoint...especially when those Charger Scat Pack folks get a look at the rear end of the car lol. I get tested weekly by those over here because EVERYONE has one.
Sorry about all the red for the reply.

Last edited by Mr. Klean; 05-22-19 at 08:57 AM.