RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Looking for a molten pearl, 15-16

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-19, 10:13 AM
SKGT
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for a molten pearl, 15-16

Hi guys, I am in the market for a 15-16 Molten Pearl RCF. I have been looking at cars.com, autotrader, cargurus, carsforsale, etc. One was recently available but a forum member snagged it so congrats to him.

Would prefer:
Carbon/Perf Package
TVD
Triple beams
Black interior
ML Sound(Optional)
Under 15-20k miles

If any members are looking to sell theirs even in the next few(2-6) months please let me know or if you just happen to know one is becoming available I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm in Texas but don't mind flying and driving it home or just having it shipped.

Thank you
Old 03-29-19, 11:20 AM
SKGT
Driver School Candidate

Found one in New York at a dealer that they insist is "New" even though it has 5k miles. It is a 15 with all the options and they say to make an offer. I asked for a ball park and he said the last person they had look at it was around the 60k mark. I will call back tomorrow when I'm not at work to further discuss.
Old 03-29-19, 11:49 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

I think BoostedGS has all of what you are looking for plus, the awesome sounding Novel headers/exhaust. From what I remember, he said he does not drive it much so it has low miles (see 'how many miles you have driven' thread) and has been looking to sell it. Maybe, try PM him.

Edit: Here you go. Look at #77

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...l#post10462024
Old 03-29-19, 12:04 PM
SKGT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I think BoostedGS has all of what you are looking for plus, the awesome sounding Novel headers/exhaust. From what I remember, he said he does not drive it much so it has low miles (see 'how many miles you have driven' thread) and has been looking to sell it. Maybe, try PM him.

Edit: Here you go. Look at #77

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...l#post10462024
PM'd him. Thank you Rolla!
Old 03-29-19, 12:35 PM
Apone
Pole Position

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by SKGT
Found one in New York at a dealer that they insist is "New" even though it has 5k miles. It is a 15 with all the options and they say to make an offer. I asked for a ball park and he said the last person they had look at it was around the 60k mark. I will call back tomorrow when I'm not at work to further discuss.
too much. I bought a '15 with every option for less than that at least 2 years ago. With the depriciation curve on these cars, no way is it worth that. Just check kelly and I anticipate a better number than that. Plus if they have been holding a "new" '15 for (4 years!) all this time - the power is firmly with you. They want and NEED to get rid of that thing. Take a look at the original sticker. Certainly they have it since the car is new.... I'm betting that was an $80k car if it really has everything.
Old 03-29-19, 12:41 PM
SKGT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Apone
too much. I bought a '15 with every option for less than that at least 2 years ago. With the depriciation curve on these cars, no way is it worth that. Just check kelly and I anticipate a better number than that. Plus if they have been holding a "new" '15 for (4 years!) all this time - the power is firmly with you. They want and NEED to get rid of that thing. Take a look at the original sticker. Certainly they have it since the car is new.... I'm betting that was an $80k car if it really has everything.
I know what a forum member just paid for an identical car with 2,700 miles and this "new" car has more miles so we will see. They will probably laugh but can only throw an offer out with my phone number. It's a carbon/perf/tvd/ML/tech car.
Per Cargurus page it has been on there 302 days lol.
Old 03-29-19, 01:43 PM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

To a dealer, "new" just means never titled. Probably a demo car. I looked at a similar car that was "new" and had 7k miles on it. It wasn't in very good condition. It obviously had lived outside all it's life. The clear bra was yellow, the wheels were in terrible condition, the driver seat had a hole in the bolster, there was a rock chip in the fender showing rust.... It was a 2017 with all options minus performance package and they wanted $60k. He dropped to $58k and I walked away. That was a year ago. I think they still have it.
Old 03-30-19, 03:44 AM
jlpaul65
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I had talked to that dealer about that car almost 1.5 years ago, one of the managers at the dealership had been driving it. When I asked about winter driving they said he didnt drive it on really bad days but it was always washed when he brought it in. They were asking way more than 60k for it and wouldnt budge. I really wanted a Molten Pearl loaded like that but did not get a good feeling from them so didnt pursue it.
Old 03-31-19, 04:33 PM
SKGT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jlpaul65
I had talked to that dealer about that car almost 1.5 years ago, one of the managers at the dealership had been driving it. When I asked about winter driving they said he didnt drive it on really bad days but it was always washed when he brought it in. They were asking way more than 60k for it and wouldnt budge. I really wanted a Molten Pearl loaded like that but did not get a good feeling from them so didnt pursue it.
Made another and my final call to them on this car today. It was a different person in sales and they still won't put a number on it. Today I was told about 10k off msrp. I asked if I could make an offer but they want a credit card for me to do that. That isn't a problem but I explained they have 0 pictures of the actual car available. She said they would send me some but haven't received anything yet. They are stuck on the car being new and must think that deserves a giant increase over a used one. I asked if the car was just something the owner or someone drove around or if they allowed a bunch of test drives on it and she said both. Anyways, I'm gonna walk away from this one and wait til something else pops up. They just don't seem eager to ever want to get rid of it. I could change the color I'm after and secure a car but ever since I saw the color when the RC F launched I fell in love. Thank you all for your help and comments.
Old 04-01-19, 07:58 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts

If they are saying 10k off what MSRP was in 2015 - definitely walk away! I paid MUCH less than that for a 2017 man! My advice----take your time, find a newer one w the specs you want, and I gurantee it wont be far off from what this Dealership is asking. Seriously, how could they still have a Non-Titled 2015 "New" - no way, not in such a sought after Color w Performance Package. Even Rolla will tell you that!
Old 04-02-19, 11:55 AM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Found a cheap one in Canada if you're willing to go get it. Check autotrader.ca and you'll find it as it's the most recent one that popped up.
Old 04-02-19, 01:04 PM
SKGT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BlueRCF10
Found a cheap one in Canada if you're willing to go get it. Check autotrader.ca and you'll find it as it's the most recent one that popped up.
Not bad at all. Anyone know what all is needed to bring a car over to the US and how much it may cost? I would think shipping would be 1000-1500, not sure on the rest for customs etc.
Old 04-02-19, 01:13 PM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Super weird, checked again and the one I was talking about is gone. It was priced extremely well 32K Canadian if I recall correctly. The only one I see now is the one in Quebec for 57K.

I've bought cars in the US before and imported them, but not the other way around. With the US strong dollar, I'd consider this side of the border if I was you.

You have to pay tax for sure, and an AC fee which is around the 200$ mark. You have to show that the car has had all it's recalls performed and that's about it really. I remember afterwards I had to do a inspection to make sure it's "Canadian fit" which was having the speedo changed to km instead of miles which I changed digitally through the settings.
Old 04-02-19, 02:33 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

$32k? No way as it must either be a mistake or the car was in an accident/high mileage/poor condition. Even a standard RCF without the carbon/TVD does not go for less than $45K so $32K seems way below the norm.

Originally Posted by BlueRCF10
Super weird, checked again and the one I was talking about is gone. It was priced extremely well 32K Canadian if I recall correctly. The only one I see now is the one in Quebec for 57K.

I've bought cars in the US before and imported them, but not the other way around. With the US strong dollar, I'd consider this side of the border if I was you.

You have to pay tax for sure, and an AC fee which is around the 200$ mark. You have to show that the car has had all it's recalls performed and that's about it really. I remember afterwards I had to do a inspection to make sure it's "Canadian fit" which was having the speedo changed to km instead of miles which I changed digitally through the settings.
Old 04-02-19, 02:50 PM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
$32k? No way as it must either be a mistake or the car was in an accident/high mileage/poor condition. Even a standard RCF without the carbon/TVD does not go for less than $45K so $32K seems way below the norm.
I agree! It popped right out and I couldn’t believe it either. I have seen the random few pop on the market like that and then disappear ASAP. Either a scam or sold instantly. Second one I’ve seen like that.

Quick Reply: Looking for a molten pearl, 15-16