RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Just joined the RC-F Club

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-19, 01:05 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Just joined the RC-F Club

I've had my 2015 USB RCF with Stratus gray interior for a week now. I love it. It's been a great journey from when I joined CL. I've had 6 SC's in my life that I drove from 2000-2014. I then bought an ISF which I have driven for the past 4 yrs. I've had the itch for a RCF pretty bad for about a year now. But it had to be the right one! It had to be this color combo, & I thought it had to have the carbon package. That is until I found out those didn't have the sunroof. Well I have arrived & I'll get to give her a good work out at Motorsports Ranch Houston this weekend.

Old 02-27-19, 02:11 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Congrats.

Looks sharp.

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
I've had my 2015 USB RCF with Stratus gray interior for a week now. I love it. It's been a great journey from when I joined CL. I've had 6 SC's in my life that I drove from 2000-2014. I then bought an ISF which I have driven for the past 4 yrs. I've had the itch for a RCF pretty bad for about a year now. But it had to be the right one! It had to be this color combo, & I thought it had to have the carbon package. That is until I found out those didn't have the sunroof. Well I have arrived & I'll get to give her a good work out at Motorsports Ranch Houston this weekend.

Old 02-27-19, 04:18 AM
2UR
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice, welcome to the club. Since you’ve come from an ISF what’s your opinion on the RCF vs the ISF? Stratus grey really is nice, I was really interested in that color interior when I was buying my car. That interior and molten pearl was really a nice color combo and rare. Decided against the lighter color though.

Last edited by 2UR; 02-27-19 at 04:24 AM.
Old 02-27-19, 07:32 AM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 344 Likes on 226 Posts

Congratulations!
Old 02-27-19, 07:35 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Looking good, love the color combo.
Old 02-27-19, 07:48 AM
OldManRCF
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

looks great! i have this stratus grey interior as well, i feel it really amplifies the design of the seats. It photographs more of a white color but it's a beautiful grey in person. Enjoy!
Old 02-27-19, 11:49 AM
Sit
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, some great pics and welcome! I did a google on Motorsports Ranch Houston. That looks like a lot of fun. Please let us know how the RC F does on the track.
Old 02-27-19, 12:32 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Nice, congrats! I had a USB IS-F with the Alpine white interior prior to my USB RC-F. I like the evolution of everything from the ISF to the RCF, more HP, better interior and infotainment. I've had my RC-F for over 2 years now and enjoy every time I get in it!
Old 02-27-19, 12:50 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

Congratulations on the purchase! It’s good to see back in the game. I didn’t know you had so many SC’s and an IS-F. I remember you from the SC400/SC300 section.

Ultrasonic Blue is the best color! It looks so good.
Old 02-27-19, 12:53 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Welcome to the F family
Old 02-27-19, 03:50 PM
asinow
Pit Crew

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

BANG!

Nice ride!

Congrats
Old 02-27-19, 04:28 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2UR
Nice, welcome to the club. Since you’ve come from an ISF what’s your opinion on the RCF vs the ISF? Stratus grey really is nice, I was really interested in that color interior when I was buying my car. That interior and molten pearl was really a nice color combo and rare. Decided against the lighter color though.
That's a great question. To me, and only have driven my RCF for a week now. I feel like they are 2 completely different cars. A couple big differences are the power, and the fact that I have a LSD again. My ISF is a 08 and has that BS open electronic diff. So even though I've tracked my ISF several times. I never felt comfortable turning off all the nannies. Cause the diff was so unpredictable. I feel now that I can do that with the RCF and be able to utilize my driving skills to make better lap times. Also all the infotainment, seats etc. Just so much better!

Originally Posted by OldManRCF
looks great! i have this stratus grey interior as well, i feel it really amplifies the design of the seats. It photographs more of a white color but it's a beautiful grey in person. Enjoy!
I totally agree about the interior!

Originally Posted by Kira X
Congratulations on the purchase! It’s good to see back in the game. I didn’t know you had so many SC’s and an IS-F. I remember you from the SC400/SC300 section.
Ultrasonic Blue is the best color! It looks so good.
Thanks Kira X! Yeah I remember you too! Even though I had my ISF. I pretty much disappeared from the forum. I only trolled when I was looking for parts. Yes I agree about the USB. I'll be on the site a lot more now that I have a totally new car to learn about.

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
Welcome to the F family
Thanks! I've already been checking out the parts on your site. I'm sure we will be doing business in the future.
The following users liked this post:
ModInJapan (02-28-19)
Old 02-28-19, 10:27 AM
BlueRCF10
Intermediate

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Car looks good! I have the USB Blue as well but with black interior. I have the performance pack on mine and do really wish it had a sunroof, but I still had to take the performance pack over the sunroof but it would've been amazing if they could've incorporated a sunroof with a CF roof!

Enjoy!
Old 02-28-19, 11:00 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BlueRCF10
Car looks good! I have the USB Blue as well but with black interior. I have the performance pack on mine and do really wish it had a sunroof, but I still had to take the performance pack over the sunroof but it would've been amazing if they could've incorporated a sunroof with a CF roof!

Enjoy!
Yes! If Lexus would have made the carbon roof with a sunroof. That would have made my criteria as well. I actually had a deal working on a 2015 USB / Stratus Gray/ Carbon package. The 56k milage & no sunroof made me kill the deal. I wasn't worried about the miles. Just wasn't getting the value savings on the sticker price vs what I just paid for my 25k mileage car.
Old 02-28-19, 12:01 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
Yes! If Lexus would have made the carbon roof with a sunroof. That would have made my criteria as well. I actually had a deal working on a 2015 USB / Stratus Gray/ Carbon package. The 56k milage & no sunroof made me kill the deal. I wasn't worried about the miles. Just wasn't getting the value savings on the sticker price vs what I just paid for my 25k mileage car.
It would defeat the purpose since the goal is to lower the center of gravity over a steel roof. Moonroof with its mechanism is a good 40 lbs heavier than a steel roof and the carbon fiber roof is about 23 lbs lighter than steel roof. You can do the math as putting a moonroof with carbon fiber will essentially be purely for aesthetic purposes.

Quick Reply: Just joined the RC-F Club