RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Now i get "they won't fit over the caliper"

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-19, 10:29 AM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Sorry to bring this issue up AGAIN - but when I read Airlairds words I literally laughed out loud because it is exactly what Im faced with right meow! All of those "Car Configurators" that supposedly pull up all the wheels that are "Guaranteed Fit" (CarID) in 19" sizing is total BS. To be specific - Its the "Drop Center" that will not clear the Calipers on our F, and despite it showing you the Stock Sizes-they will NOT fit. **I DO NOT WANT 20s ANYMORE** - my brand new Ace Alloy 20" Wheel and MPS4S Tire arrived yesterday-which will be going up for sale everywhere I can post em. Not sure how I feel about shaving metal off my Calipers (More power to ya Airlaird!)

Bottom line. Every great name brand wheel in a 19" Diameter wont fit our cars (Except these horrible looking OEM ones!) Unless someone out there has an answer????
I would have to disagree with the statement, "Every great name brand wheel in a 19" Diameter wont fit our cars". As indicated earlier in the thread, both the offset and the face profile have to be correct which means it is unlikely that many cast or flow formed wheels will fit. I too did not want 20s and wanted to remain on 19's but, go a little wider. The most cost effective and quality solution I found was BC Forged monoblocks (through Figs). Many styles and finishes to choose from (there are even more now than when I bought mine). An additional benefit I achieved was that my wheels were lighter than all of the OEM offerings although they were wider. There are also offerings from HRE, ADV1, and Forgeline to name a few but, these are at a significantly higher price point.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (04-24-19)
Old 04-24-19, 11:01 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

^^^^Wes's wheels:

Lou
Old 04-24-19, 11:39 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Cool Thank you!

Originally Posted by weswork
I would have to disagree with the statement, "Every great name brand wheel in a 19" Diameter wont fit our cars". As indicated earlier in the thread, both the offset and the face profile have to be correct which means it is unlikely that many cast or flow formed wheels will fit. I too did not want 20s and wanted to remain on 19's but, go a little wider. The most cost effective and quality solution I found was BC Forged monoblocks (through Figs). Many styles and finishes to choose from (there are even more now than when I bought mine). An additional benefit I achieved was that my wheels were lighter than all of the OEM offerings although they were wider. There are also offerings from HRE, ADV1, and Forgeline to name a few but, these are at a significantly higher price point.
I'm actually VERY happy you disagree and chimed in here!
When I said that statement, I meant that whenever I played around with all those Configurators, they all pop up with tons of 19" Wheels that say "Guaranteed Fit" when in fact they DO NOT! I personally called Niche, Asanti, Savini, and so many others - and flat out told "Those wont fit over your calipers due to the DropCenter" THAT is where I get that from.
Also tried reaching to out the Vendors on here too-striking out. (Eric from BD did have a few ideas) But nada from others.

I did speak with Dan at BC Forged and he is going to get back w me on which fit. I totally love their wheels, but my Bank Account doesn't- but if that is the price I pay (Pun intended) to get a set of killer 19" wheels, so be it. I don't think "Figs" will be able to provide me the same pricing as they offered direct, but its worth a shot. I shall contact him. Lastly- It would be extremely helpful if you told me the sizes you put on your F so I have that info to talk w them about too. Would you mind sharing that w me / us Wes? Tire sizes too? Since you went wider, that means bigger tires to fit too. I'd "prefer" to use the Stock Rubber if I can until I upgrade later.
Old 04-24-19, 12:01 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

^^^^It's all spelled out in Post #22 here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...k-s-rcf-2.html

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 04-24-19 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-24-19, 02:47 PM
airlaird
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Best thing I ever did. I wont name them..but TWO of the aftermarket wheel folks on this forum NEVER could explain why my respective orders never arrived after 6 MONTHS of waiting.
I simply wanted 19" forged wheels......so I had to grind about 2/16's off the tip of the caliper to fit my niche wheels.... Despite absurd beliefs I destroyed the integrity of the entire braking systems and armageddon would arrive... ;-)...really no different than the F not being designed to be lowered...
So yes, the solid steel brake caliper is holding up well and the orange paint is still perfect...although the stock market fell the next day after I shaved it..
airlaird
Old 04-24-19, 04:04 PM
Ken34
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
I'm actually VERY happy you disagree and chimed in here!
When I said that statement, I meant that whenever I played around with all those Configurators, they all pop up with tons of 19" Wheels that say "Guaranteed Fit" when in fact they DO NOT! I personally called Niche, Asanti, Savini, and so many others - and flat out told "Those wont fit over your calipers due to the DropCenter" THAT is where I get that from.
Also tried reaching to out the Vendors on here too-striking out. (Eric from BD did have a few ideas) But nada from others.

I did speak with Dan at BC Forged and he is going to get back w me on which fit. I totally love their wheels, but my Bank Account doesn't- but if that is the price I pay (Pun intended) to get a set of killer 19" wheels, so be it. I don't think "Figs" will be able to provide me the same pricing as they offered direct, but its worth a shot. I shall contact him. Lastly- It would be extremely helpful if you told me the sizes you put on your F so I have that info to talk w them about too. Would you mind sharing that w me / us Wes? Tire sizes too? Since you went wider, that means bigger tires to fit too. I'd "prefer" to use the Stock Rubber if I can until I upgrade later.
let me know if u find concave looking wheels in 19 that fit the stock tires.
Old 04-24-19, 04:06 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Thanks Lou. Yes, the specs are spelled out in that link. A few more pics of my wheels. I’ll throw them in here for those that don’t want to go searching.
FR: 19x10 +40 offset, 265/35-19
RR: 19x11 +40 offset, 285/35-19

I don’t think the stock tire sizes would fit very well on these and would likely be too stretched. That being said, I’m sure you could alter the specs to 9 and 10, may be a little less money, would have better flush fitment than stock, and weigh less. You should really try Mike. His pricing was better than I could find most places. I also got my IS-F wheels from him. Plus, he had the ability to properly provide offsets and face profiles to BC that worked with our cars, something that most of the other vendors had the capability to do.

Hell, I would consider selling you mine at a “used” price as there is a new model I’ve had my eye on but, can’t quite justify another set of wheels.

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Wes's wheels:

Lou

Last edited by weswork; 04-24-19 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-24-19, 04:12 PM
weswork
Intermediate

These are what I had in mind and have been calling out. BC Forged KLS01

Old 04-24-19, 05:28 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Yes!

How ironic. I kept coming back to those everytime I visited the BC Site. Definitely top of my list!
Old 04-24-19, 05:29 PM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm torn between these and the HCS02s in 20s. Similar look as the RZ 05s, what made you go with these?

Old 04-28-19, 11:17 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Ferrada 19s

BC is definitely reputable . Was also offered ideas on HRE, Rotiform, Advan, Klassen, AG Forged and of course Vorsteiner. All big money grip choices....

I'm diggin this look from Ferrada too! Unsure on their track record - not literal "Track" though.

So undecided even though few Companies make staggered 19s that clear infamous Calipers.

Old 04-28-19, 01:39 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Jdm

Gunny, what about SSR,VOLKS and WOKRS? Of the list, u can’t go wrong with, her, bc and vorsteiner. Vorsteiner have lifetime warranty. I cracked my wheels and they offer me a discount on a new set since the one I have was discounted.
gluck
Old 04-29-19, 02:50 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Roger That

Originally Posted by chris07is
Gunny, what about SSR,VOLKS and WOKRS? Of the list, u can’t go wrong with, her, bc and vorsteiner. Vorsteiner have lifetime warranty. I cracked my wheels and they offer me a discount on a new set since the one I have was discounted.
gluck
Thanks alot Chris! Ironic you say that because I was just on their Site and it seems that every wheel I like does NOT come in the size I need. They dont "replace" a wheel if its self inflicted, but offer you what percentage of a discount on a new one? Does that come from Vorsteiner themselves or the vendor you bought them from? My damage didnt fall into either scenario unfortunately.

I'm actually looking for something much "different" than the norm. I'll dig into each one of these you mention right meow, but my gaze keeps falling back to these BCs! (Not neccessarily the finish, but the model) Realizing 2 piece wheels are high dollar, but correct me if I'm wrong guys - they're easier to "fix" should you hit a pothole right? I'll need to ask Dan if they have such a warranty.

Fingers crossed!

Last edited by GunnyFitz; 04-29-19 at 03:14 AM.
Old 04-29-19, 04:32 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

If i were you, that last pix looks aggressive and mean. Thats the wheel!!!
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (04-30-19)
Old 04-30-19, 04:14 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Agreed. Just need to sell my 20s now. Curious why no bites......

Quick Reply: Now i get "they won't fit over the caliper"