RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-18, 09:33 AM
ttblunt233
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Horsepower

My RCF is completely stock. I have some Rohana rims from my 2015 gs fsport that I will get painted and put on. But my question is what can I do to get more horsepower? Should I lower it?
Old 09-30-18, 09:45 AM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Hello,
If you want to "gain some horsepower", transformations will have to be made on parts of the engine. It's the engine that is responsible to generate Kilowatts. So it's her, or her direct compenents you will have to tune.
Lowering your car, putting spoilers or rims, etc, will not generate any increase of power.
Please also ask yourself WHY you want to fiddle on the engine of a +460Hp car that is reaching acceleration times and peformance of not-so-old Ferrari cars.
Old 09-30-18, 10:04 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

You could add some fire decals on the side & a hoonigan sticker on the rear, that should be good for about 35-40 horsepower.
The following 3 users liked this post by shadow1118:
CAHWY128 (09-30-18), LRCSALES (10-02-18), Pittsy (11-14-18)
Old 09-30-18, 11:26 AM
1KwikGT
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exhaust is the biggest thing to add power on these cars. Headers back and tune. “Cold air” from what I have seen is a waste of money.
Old 09-30-18, 11:42 AM
Apaul
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ttblunt233
My RCF is completely stock. I have some Rohana rims from my 2015 gs fsport that I will get painted and put on. But my question is what can I do to get more horsepower? Should I lower it?
I would recommend an aftermarket exhaust system given that the stock system is VERY restrictive. Great budget options are catback exhausts like invidia and borla or more pricey/louder options like meistershaft or armytrix. CAI is not needed as stock setup is great unless you want to change the look for which just intake pipes such as lems ti, rr racing carbon fiber or hps silicone tubes are great options. Good luck!
Old 09-30-18, 12:08 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

RCF stock exhaust is like a straw. Just over 1.5 inches for a big 5.0 Liter with a nasty 90 degree turn just before the mufflers, is comical. Adding a 2.5 or 2.75 inch catback exhaust will net another 20 - 25 whp on the average. It could be a bit higher or lower as the general range is 18 - 29 whp depending on the setup. That is around 35 HP at crank.
Old 09-30-18, 12:55 PM
1herm4
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I wouldn't consider an intake a waste. It a basic mod that complements intake and a header. Intake is a mod that can and will increase power with a tune. Exhaust will free up power lost in poor exhaust design. I've posted dyno results showing gains with an intake. Some people don't seem to think an intake is needed but basic understanding of engine combustion should indicate the benefit. Keep in mind that manufacturers often sacrifice performance to meet emissions requirements.
Old 09-30-18, 02:10 PM
ttblunt233
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shadow1118
You could add some fire decals on the side & a hoonigan sticker on the rear, that should be good for about 35-40 horsepower.
Go play with someone with some else.
Old 09-30-18, 02:13 PM
ttblunt233
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Benoit
Hello,
If you want to "gain some horsepower", transformations will have to be made on parts of the engine. It's the engine that is responsible to generate Kilowatts. So it's her, or her direct compenents you will have to tune.
Lowering your car, putting spoilers or rims, etc, will not generate any increase of power.
Please also ask yourself WHY you want to fiddle on the engine of a +460Hp car that is reaching acceleration times and peformance of not-so-old Ferrari cars.
Thanks for replying no matter how fast a car is. We always want it to go faster. That’s the reason. I completely understand lower the car and rims don’t make a car faster. I just was stating on what I might do.
Old 09-30-18, 02:15 PM
ttblunt233
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1herm4
I wouldn't consider an intake a waste. It a basic mod that complements intake and a header. Intake is a mod that can and will increase power with a tune. Exhaust will free up power lost in poor exhaust design. I've posted dyno results showing gains with an intake. Some people don't seem to think an intake is needed but basic understanding of engine combustion should indicate the benefit. Keep in mind that manufacturers often sacrifice performance to meet emissions requirements.
I will start with the exhaust. What brand do you recommend
Old 09-30-18, 02:17 PM
ttblunt233
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Apaul
I would recommend an aftermarket exhaust system given that the stock system is VERY restrictive. Great budget options are catback exhausts like invidia and borla or more pricey/louder options like meistershaft or armytrix. CAI is not needed as stock setup is great unless you want to change the look for which just intake pipes such as lems ti, rr racing carbon fiber or hps silicone tubes are great options. Good luck!
Thank you I will look into Borla
Old 09-30-18, 02:33 PM
ttblunt233
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1herm4
Can you please repost the dyno results?
Old 09-30-18, 02:49 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by shadow1118
Nah dude that's definitely over 50!

Forreal though, as others have said, exhaust is definitely the best way. Depending on how loud you want the car to be, you have a couple options. Just keep in mind if you're doing a full system - cat back including headers, the car will be pretty loud. It's the reason why I plan on going with a quieter exhaust + headers.
Old 09-30-18, 03:03 PM
ttblunt233
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lammyyy
Nah dude that's definitely over 50!

Forreal though, as others have said, exhaust is definitely the best way. Depending on how loud you want the car to be, you have a couple options. Just keep in mind if you're doing a full system - cat back including headers, the car will be pretty loud. It's the reason why I plan on going with a quieter exhaust + headers.
Yeah I will definitely go with exhaust but don’t want it to much louder than stock.
Old 09-30-18, 03:29 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

^^^^Rather than posting over and over again, and asking questions that some members thought as silly (hense the answers that offended you) why not use the excellent search function on this forum?

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 09-30-18 at 04:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Horsepower