RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

2,000 miles and not an F to be found

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-18, 05:21 AM
airlaird
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 2,000 miles and not an F to be found

I am finishing up a 2,000 mile trip from Dallas to north Carolina..and back.... to Assist flood victims..I have crossed five states and I have not spotted an F the entire trip. So if any lurkers on this forum want exclusivity of a sports car.... the F is the one. My colleagues asked me to show them one on the road....much like Bigfoot.....it was elusive
airlaird
Old 09-20-18, 06:20 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Yeah, last weekend, I saw a white RCF for the first time ever on the freeway. Never seen another RCF on the road. Also, I am the only one in my city who has a molten pearl/Carbon TVD package RCF.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (09-20-18)
Old 09-20-18, 06:41 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I know the feeling. It feels GREAT to NOT see another RCF while I drive in the middle of NOWHERE. I'm with you.

A few weeks ago a couple of rookie LEOs in a small rural town stopped me for no real apparent reason except just wanted to check my car out (out of state license plate and darkly tinted windows, you know the routine.....). They radioed in initially said they had stopped a "white Maserati two door" which another LEO whom I work with later told me. While one was talking with me, the other was checking out my Borla exhaust in the back. I was so tempted to stump on the gas pedal, but then I'm sure the whole PD will be talking about it while they haul me into jail. So the usual SOP questions and answers session got started. I kindly told him I'm going "over there" to work and I've got to go. He asked me if there is an emergency and I noded which is absolutely true due to the nature of things. He then told me to have a nice day and to "keep it down". LOL

After arriving at work I found out that my RCF sticks out like a sore thumb. The LEO I worked with told me they "heard" my Borla exhaust WAY before they even saw me as I rolled to a stop at the stop sign. The two new LEOs could not believe it was a Lexus (the Lexus they had in mind was still the "grandpa's LS430". LOL.

I'm so glade this did not happen in SoCal otherwise my RCF probably would have been impounded and tickets issued for disturbing the peace.

Originally Posted by airlaird
I am finishing up a 2,000 mile trip from Dallas to north Carolina..and back.... to Assist flood victims..I have crossed five states and I have not spotted an F the entire trip. So if any lurkers on this forum want exclusivity of a sports car.... the F is the one. My colleagues asked me to show them one on the road....much like Bigfoot.....it was elusive
airlaird
Old 09-20-18, 07:49 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Agreed. It feels great to have something no one has a clue what it is (or at least, majority of the people). Makes it feel more special.
Old 09-20-18, 08:50 AM
Ebr0t
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve had mine for a bit over two weeks and I’ve seen a white and an orange. Though I still get some “wtf is that” looks which feels nice.

I live and work in palm beach county Florida though so the car **** here is otherworldly.
Old 09-20-18, 10:32 AM
2Squared
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

I drove from Rosenberg, TX to Roanoke, VA in August and the only F I saw was the Lexus Racing/3GT Racing RCF GT3s at VIR. Everyone I saw at gas stations, hotels, and restaurants wanted to know what kind of car it was or said they saw the commercials but the first time seeing one in person.
Old 09-20-18, 10:36 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

drove from CA to CO to TN to GA and back in 2016 and never saw one..

commuted with my RCF from 2015 - 2018 saw 2 in that time, maybe 3-4 RC's
Old 09-20-18, 10:56 AM
moltenrcf
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe it's just Houston but we got a bunch of Fs... There's probably 4 RCFs in a 5 mile radius from my home
Old 09-20-18, 11:40 AM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

airlaird
Same here. At work, I see a ton of Range Rover, then a good chunk of Mercedes and BMW, and then Ferrari's. Sometimes a Porsche and a Bentley ; but I never saw ANY Lexus RCF. Not at work, nor on the road. Whatever, I find this car marvelous and will definitely have one in the years to come.

I must say that the ones that are to sell on my local internet plattforms are there since a long time for an expensive price (20'000$ more than in the US in general, for the same mileage). At a moment or the other, the owners will be FORCED to sell them for a decent amount, and I will be there...
Old 09-20-18, 11:45 AM
Limelight
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

I live in a city of over 4 million people, and I've only ever seen one RCF in the wild. I've only seen two Sport Hybrid RLX's on the road, so the RCF is even more rare haha.
Old 09-20-18, 06:32 PM
2UR
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Yea it’s crazy, the rarity of this car is a little astonishing actually, I love it. I’m in Maryland and saw my first RCF (ultra white) just a few days ago while I was in mine. Saw a black ISF Friday but unfortunately I was in my daily. Even with my 1600 mile trip driving the car home from Texas, I haven’t seen one. It is nice to know you really own something special though.

I am finishing up a 2,000 mile trip from Dallas to north Carolina..and back.... to Assist flood victims..
Also, hats off to you sir for helping people in need.

Last edited by 2UR; 09-20-18 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-21-18, 04:00 AM
647TTA
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Limelight
I live in a city of over 4 million people, and I've only ever seen one RCF in the wild. I've only seen two Sport Hybrid RLX's on the road, so the RCF is even more rare haha.
I see an occasional RC, and another RCF maybe once every 6 months - but I have never seen another Sport Hybrid RLX on the road.
The following users liked this post:
Limelight (09-21-18)
Old 09-21-18, 05:08 AM
2Squared
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by moltenrcf
Maybe it's just Houston but we got a bunch of Fs... There's probably 4 RCFs in a 5 mile radius from my home
I drive from Rosenberg to Pearland Monday through Friday and I've seen 2 RC F and 1 GS F in the past 2 months. I was very surprised to see the turnout at a get together in Houston on Facebook last week.
Old 09-21-18, 05:54 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Same here. Last year at a hotel people gathered around my RCF as I came out. I thought maybe someone had hit my RCF!!! As it turned out, they thought my RCF is the one they had seen in the movie, Black Panthers which we all know it's not true. They were taking pictures with my RCF and asking where I got the car from and what is it?? I told them it's a V8 and they can not believe it!! LOL

Originally Posted by 2Squared
I drove from Rosenberg, TX to Roanoke, VA in August and the only F I saw was the Lexus Racing/3GT Racing RCF GT3s at VIR. Everyone I saw at gas stations, hotels, and restaurants wanted to know what kind of car it was or said they saw the commercials but the first time seeing one in person.
Old 09-21-18, 06:36 AM
Apaul
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Same here. Last year at a hotel people gathered around my RCF as I came out. I thought maybe someone had hit my RCF!!! As it turned out, they thought my RCF is the one they had seen in the movie, Black Panthers which we all know it's not true. They were taking pictures with my RCF and asking where I got the car from and what is it?? I told them it's a V8 and they can not believe it!! LOL
lmfaoo bro that is so funny! Ppl might think we making this up but same thing happened to me in parking lot after watching black panther! It's an amazing feeling. M3/M4 can be a bit faster but they cannot claim these feats of exclusivity.

Quick Reply: 2,000 miles and not an F to be found