RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Artisan Fender Insert Replicas

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-18, 06:58 AM
MisterEun
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Artisan Fender Insert Replicas

I know a ton of you love this part but couldn't justify the price tag.
It seems the Dominican Republic has come up with a solution.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-RCF-A...r/183464464974
Old 10-02-18, 07:01 AM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by MisterEun
I know a ton of you love this part but couldn't justify the price tag.
It seems the Dominican Republic has come up with a solution.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-RCF-A...r/183464464974
Wow. Awesome find. Hope those pics are of their product. Looks good and very tempting.
Old 10-02-18, 10:32 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

From reading peoples experience with ISF parts from the DR... Resulted in a lot of PP disputes.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
The following 2 users liked this post by Meraki Autoworks:
GunnyFitz (10-23-18), Lammyyy (10-02-18)
Old 10-02-18, 06:51 PM
TRANC3
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Good find IF the quality and service are up to par....someone be the guinea pig before I try to get a set sent down under. :P
Old 10-02-18, 07:09 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
From reading peoples experience with ISF parts from the DR... Resulted in a lot of PP disputes.

-Josh
Josh hit the nail on the head. I spoke to a few of the guys who have ordered from them in DR and it turns out they take photos of the actual piece and then swap it out for a rep. Mixed reviews overall on the parts (depends on batch I guess).

I already have a real set coming in but if I feel the mod bug itch hit me while I'm saving for my wheels, I may bite the bullet for you guys since I won't lose sleep over $375

Last edited by Lammyyy; 10-06-18 at 02:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (10-02-18)
Old 10-03-18, 05:22 AM
DT2k
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I messaged the seller and he told me 3 people have ordered them. he said he will send me pics when the customers put them on.
The following 2 users liked this post by DT2k:
bklszl (10-03-18), TRANC3 (10-03-18)
Old 10-11-18, 04:03 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Good parts aren't cheap and cheap parts aren't good....

I've seen the replica in person and the carbon fiber looked like crap.
Old 10-11-18, 06:04 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by yooniverse
Good parts aren't cheap and cheap parts aren't good....

I've seen the replica in person and the carbon fiber looked like crap.
Really? I think they look REALLY good IMO. Here are some pics of them...

Old 10-14-18, 02:45 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mjn88

Really? I think they look REALLY good IMO. Here are some pics of them...

I ordered my authentic ones not too long ago but I decided to bite the bullet and test this for you guys. I figured if there's an option for 40% of the price and the fitment/weave is good, why not? I'll just cancel my order and pocket the rest to go to my wheels.

I spoke to the seller and he had the part in stock and sent it out. I paid and had to deal with the run around a few times which was annoying, but the parts finally arrived after 2 weeks. I have to say, what James and Josh@Meraki says is true. Good parts aren't cheap and cheap parts aren't good. While these aren't awful, I personally would not run them since I'm really OCD.

There are two snags in the weave on the driver side while the passenger side was fine. On the driver side, one of the snags is not noticeable as it's covered by the fender and the other one is right below the badge (either way, once it's on the car, it's barely noticeable. The fitment wasn't bad but I did have a small issue with the badge holes slightly not lining up (you have to play around with it to get it correct). That aside, they're not a bad alternative for those who don't want to shell out $900 OTD for the authentic ones. I'm going to wait for my authentic ones and cut my losses on these. If any of you guys are interested, rather than paying $375 I'll be putting these up for sale sometime this week for $200 local pickup in Bay Area or shipping at buyer's expense.

Let me know if you guys have questions or want more pictures.

Last edited by Lammyyy; 10-15-18 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-14-18, 06:22 PM
TRANC3
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Do you have a close-up pic of said "snags"? Not quite sure what you mean by that. May be interested in them
Old 10-14-18, 06:56 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TRANC3
Do you have a close-up pic of said "snags"? Not quite sure what you mean by that. May be interested in them
The snag is like a break in the CF weave. I circled the uploaded pic so you could see them clearly. The one on the left can't be seen once installed and the one in the middle is under the badge so it's pretty tough to see. It's only on the driver's side. In the interest of full disclosure, I do want you to know what's wrong with it before you consider buying them. There's two snags on the driver side, non on the passenger. Driver side holes are slightly off but I was able to fit it with a little work (alternatively, you can drill a little more room and attach it that way). Aside from that, they're decent pieces.

If you're still interested, I'll probably be ready to sell in a week or two due to work taking up all my time this coming week. If not, no problem brotha ^^

Last edited by Lammyyy; 10-14-18 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-14-18, 10:20 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Sorry, But I Don't like the Look EITHER Way! JMO
Old 10-22-18, 03:40 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Lammyyy
The snag is like a break in the CF weave. I circled the uploaded pic so you could see them clearly. The one on the left can't be seen once installed and the one in the middle is under the badge so it's pretty tough to see. It's only on the driver's side. In the interest of full disclosure, I do want you to know what's wrong with it before you consider buying them. There's two snags on the driver side, non on the passenger. Driver side holes are slightly off but I was able to fit it with a little work (alternatively, you can drill a little more room and attach it that way). Aside from that, they're decent pieces.

If you're still interested, I'll probably be ready to sell in a week or two due to work taking up all my time this coming week. If not, no problem brotha ^^

Yeah, that's not good. The ones I saw were like that also. The weaves looked like a blind man worked on them.
You get what you pay for. Some people don't mind losing quality for a cheaper cost. As for me, I rather pay a little more and have the peace of mind that the quality is there but that's just me.
I guess everyone is different and has their own preference.
Just giving you guys some advice and save you some headaches. Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
Old 10-23-18, 04:51 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts

For anyone on the Facebook RCF Group, Rick Jones sent me a good connect that does Carbon Fiber Overlays for these Fender Wells, Front Lips, and other pieces. Obviously, this is just a "Skin" that covers the parts - not the real thing whatsoever. He got the Side Fender Piece, Front Lip, and Rear Bumper Pieces all for just $130.
There are actually some pretty cool things going on in this FB Group in case you haven't seen it yet.

Facebook RCF Group

Carbon Overlays
Old 10-23-18, 05:52 AM
MisterEun
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
For anyone on the Facebook RCF Group, Rick Jones sent me a good connect that does Carbon Fiber Overlays for these Fender Wells, Front Lips, and other pieces. Obviously, this is just a "Skin" that covers the parts - not the real thing whatsoever. He got the Side Fender Piece, Front Lip, and Rear Bumper Pieces all for just $130.
There are actually some pretty cool things going on in this FB Group in case you haven't seen it yet.

Facebook RCF Group

Carbon Overlays
The term "overlays" seems questionable...Usually you'd call a layer of actual carbon fiber weave over a panel that's been epoxied an overlay.
This is a pre-cut wrap, and to pay $130 for vinyl seems like a very poor deal in my book, especially if one has to install it themselves.
Just my 2 cents on this one.

Quick Reply: Artisan Fender Insert Replicas