RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Ceramic Coating

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-18, 08:29 AM
theman
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

I totally recommend ceramic coating your headers before installing them... keeps a bit more heat out of engine bay for sure!
Old 08-24-18, 10:23 AM
1herm4
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Don't forget about coating brake calipers too for increase braking power and decreased braking distance. Also good for an added 5whp!
Old 08-25-18, 02:49 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

LOL, I can not wait to do yours for $3K!!! I can buy the stuff for less than $50 bucks on eBay/Amazon.

Originally Posted by 1herm4
Don't forget about coating brake calipers too for increase braking power and decreased braking distance. Also good for an added 5whp!
Old 08-25-18, 07:27 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Never heard of "JayWax" at all. This Company makes other car care gear too? Sounds as if you're applying yourself huh?
Not trying to be a di** but I assume you've totally decontaminated the cars paint, and added appropriate finish to it before attempting to apply this "JayWax?"

Look fwd to hearing about it all and as always- it never happened unless there's pics! LOL.

gunny please use your glasses LMAO. i just wrapped the car so nothing to de contaminate. As well as my detail career started in 1998. I also can paint, do body work, wetsand, buff and cut I just taught myself 2 years ago in carbon fiber overlays, with vacuuming. I got this. no worries my friend.

also i clearly typed JAXWAX not jaywax

https://store.jaxwax.com/Default.asp

if you need any build ideas you can view my build thread

Old 09-03-18, 05:55 PM
Samir221
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the car back for three weeks now after having it feynlabbed and it is night and day! Washing the car now is a breeze! No need to wax or spend money on unnecessary products! I am glad i finally got it done! Well worth every penny spent 😊

Last edited by Samir221; 09-03-18 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Adding more pics
Old 09-04-18, 02:59 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Finally !!

Originally Posted by 1herm4
Someone that knows about this. Count me in. Just contacted Shop where my Fs been for a month today (refrain pls) But I sure told them Herm! Told them Id take the Extra 5Hp Package instead of Increased Braking Performance. Better get this back before Fall or Ill miss out on the new Caliper Wrap Offer - 2 Tickets to Paradise!

American Shine...Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over?...😳
Old 09-04-18, 01:07 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had my RCF ceramic coated 3 years ago by Blue Diamond Detailing in Miami and at the Time they used either Tevo creations or Ceramic Pro I can't remember. They coated the entire vehicle, glass, wheels and calipers as well. It looked brand new even today when I turned the car back in after 3 years. If anyone is on the fence about this I say go for it and don't hesitate. Washing the car was ridiculously easy after the coating, just hitting it with water from my electric pressure cleaner would almost completely clean the vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (09-05-18)
Old 09-08-18, 07:45 PM
GR4NR1C3RF
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I JET HOT coat all my headers...it IS $worth$ it....OEM don't do it cuz it cuts into profit$ of course (shi++y heat shields)...
Old 09-09-18, 04:59 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Yes, ceramic coating is GREAT.

Our LX570 got it done professionally (cost an arm and an leg IMHO, but worth it) when new and even after five years, it is still shinning like new. Very easy to wash and dirt and bird poop just slide off with just water from a garden hose......

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
I had my RCF ceramic coated 3 years ago by Blue Diamond Detailing in Miami and at the Time they used either Tevo creations or Ceramic Pro I can't remember. They coated the entire vehicle, glass, wheels and calipers as well. It looked brand new even today when I turned the car back in after 3 years. If anyone is on the fence about this I say go for it and don't hesitate. Washing the car was ridiculously easy after the coating, just hitting it with water from my electric pressure cleaner would almost completely clean the vehicle.
Old 09-09-18, 05:35 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Great To Hear !

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
Reading stuff like this makes me even more stoked, and impatient to pick mine up Sept 11th. (The date has relevance to Co doing it all) As one who uses a Pressure Washer w Foam Cannon and all high end products. It truly is motivating to hear how much easier and nicer cars come out after a wash. Im sure it cuts out a ton of time by beading right off. Curious what products NOT to apply to such a finish..

I assume you leased yours since you stated the 3 yr Turn In? Are you happy with your overall experience with it, and are you stepping into another Lexus or what? Curious what ya went for this time, and will you be doing the CC again too?

MTM Foam Cannon McKees Foaming Soap

Curious if I can only use certain products on CC Finish afterward, or is it business as usual w wash, wax and polish?

Cannon enables you to adjust the angle and thickness of foam itself.

Anyone else own one those?

*Posted several of these in other sections here. Sorry if theyre dupes.
Old 09-09-18, 08:01 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Reading stuff like this makes me even more stoked, and impatient to pick mine up Sept 11th. (The date has relevance to Co doing it all) As one who uses a Pressure Washer w Foam Cannon and all high end products. It truly is motivating to hear how much easier and nicer cars come out after a wash. Im sure it cuts out a ton of time by beading right off. Curious what products NOT to apply to such a finish..

I assume you leased yours since you stated the 3 yr Turn In? Are you happy with your overall experience with it, and are you stepping into another Lexus or what? Curious what ya went for this time, and will you be doing the CC again too?

MTM Foam Cannon McKees Foaming Soap
Curious if I can only use certain products on CC Finish afterward, or is it business as usual w wash, wax and polish? Cannon enables you to adjust the angle and thickness of foam itself.
Hey man yes my RCF was leased and yes in my opinion it’s the best/most fun car I’ve ever owned. I used a foam cannon that I attach to my pressure washer as well and it makes cleaning so easy, I use it with Mr. Pink shampoo from Chemical Guys. One piece of advice which I'm sure is pretty obvious (But just in case), don't ever take your car through an automatic car wash after having the ceramic coating unless you want ugly scratches/swirl marks. And also after having the coating done, you won't have to wax or polish the car anymore, depending on the level of coating that was applied of course. I’m having a second baby now so I needed something bigger, and I got a Durango SRT. It’s a fun SUV and big enough to fit the whole family, and still fast enough to have fun with when I’m by myself. The 475hp 6.4L V8 (392 HEMI) and AWD is ridiculous in an SUV and the 0-60 and 1/4 times are the same as the RCF (Even though it weighs almost 1,400 pounds more) lol. And yes I already had the SRT ceramic coated ... ��

Last edited by TruPlaya26; 09-09-18 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-10-18, 03:20 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default No ******?

Love the Lexus and color on that Dodge! (My primary is their Cummins 2500) and must also admit thats an awesome looking driveway too! Lol.

Thanks for sharing the advice and pics!
Old 09-10-18, 09:28 PM
jhsfp21
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just had my car ceramic coated and full front PPF. Couldn't be happier!

Old 09-11-18, 04:42 AM
yellow2112
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Had mine treated with CeramicPro at Titan Motorsworks in Rochester NY a few years ago. Cost about $1000 and worth every penny.

https://www.facebook.com/titanmotorworksrochester/

What was most noticeable is how much easier it was to get that stinking brake dust off of my arches.

FWIW - you CAN ceramic coat over top of a clear bra/chip shield as well.
Old 09-11-18, 05:54 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Default Usb !!

Originally Posted by jhsfp21
Just had my car ceramic coated and full front PPF. Couldn't be happier!
Dude. That is the exact model as mine (based on initial glance) Is that a 17 by chance? Same stock wheels I have stacked in boxes that Aftermarket AceAlloys came in. Those were wicked hard to keep clean of brake dust too!
Thx for input and seeing another gorgeous USB.

Originally Posted by yellow2112
What was most noticeable is how much easier it was to get that stinking brake dust off of my arches. FWIW - you CAN ceramic coat over top of a clear bra/chip shield as well.
Correct. Im having the CQuartz Ceramic Coating applied Over Suntek Ultra PPF. Picking up today!
THX !!
The following users liked this post:
jhsfp21 (09-11-18)

Quick Reply: Ceramic Coating