RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Replace stock to Triple beam LED headlamps

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-18, 07:33 PM
rcfowner
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Replace stock to Triple beam LED headlamps

Just bought a 2016 RC F and it has the stock headlamps. I'm looking to replace them with triple beams..... is that even possible?
Old 07-25-18, 07:57 PM
LXSDO
Advanced

Received 147 Likes on 103 Posts

Congratulations!

It is probably possible.
Haven't seen anyone on this forum do it.

But the cost would be prohibiting.
It's not s simple plug and play

Consider checking the RC 350 forum

There's been some discussion that the base ones are better in terms of light. But don't look as cool

Last edited by LXSDO; 07-25-18 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-25-18, 10:11 PM
rcfowner
Driver School Candidate

I do want to look cool
Originally Posted by LXSDO
Congratulations!

It is probably possible.
Haven't seen anyone on this forum do it.

But the cost would be prohibiting.
It's not s simple plug and play

Consider checking the RC 350 forum

There's been some discussion that the base ones are better in terms of light. But don't look as cool
Old 07-26-18, 12:45 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts

I didn't even know that was an option to get standard headlights with the F. It would probably be cheaper to just trade for another RCF. I would guestimate that if you tried to do the conversion yourself it would be north of $5k? I'm probably totally off but I would guess that if it were cheap, someone would have done it by now. Good luck! Hope you get what you're looking for!
Old 07-26-18, 04:13 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I think in the early productions of the RCF, some were made without the LED headlights.

A quick search on eBay showed that there are some OEM RCF headlights for sale. They run around $1k each side. There was one pair for sale FROM JAPAN that states the following:
"Removed from Brand New Car, With Modules,Complete set"

The price was set at $28xx for the pair.

If the above indeed is true with "modules and complete set"...........then does this mean it is totally just plug and play and will work for you? IDK. Also my question is "Why would anyone remove this pair of LED headlights from a RCF and replace with WHAT??" Maybe this pair is "stolen"??

Originally Posted by rcfowner
Just bought a 2016 RC F and it has the stock headlamps. I'm looking to replace them with triple beams..... is that even possible?
Old 07-26-18, 09:39 AM
rcfowner
Driver School Candidate

Some 2016 models have the rc 350 headlamps stock. Mine happens to be one of them.
Old 07-26-18, 04:50 PM
2UR
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Just checked Lexus Parts Now, and they run about 2k per lamp, not sure if that even includes other parts like the leveling motor etc. Like lexusrus mentioned above there’s a pair on eBay for 2800 bucks still for sale too. Curious to see how involved a headlight swap would be.

Originally Posted by LXSDO

Is this really true? In the few times I’ve driven my F with the triple beam led’s at night the light output has been crazy impressive, especially when I’ve had to use my highs. They illuminate so much of the road nicely. Would be interesting to see a comparison.

Last edited by 2UR; 07-26-18 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-27-18, 12:06 AM
LXSDO
Advanced

Originally Posted by 2UR
Just checked Lexus Parts Now, and they run about 2k per lamp, not sure if that even includes other parts like the leveling motor etc. Like lexusrus mentioned above there’s a pair on eBay for 2800 bucks still for sale too. Curious to see how involved a headlight swap would be.

Is this really true? In the few times I’ve driven my F with the triple beam led’s at night the light output has been crazy impressive, especially when I’ve had to use my highs. They illuminate so much of the road nicely. Would be interesting to see a comparison.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tor...nal-lights/amp
The following users liked this post:
flowrider (07-27-18)
Old 07-27-18, 06:44 AM
RshaoKh
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2UR

I have a harder time seeing at night with the tri leds. They don't seem to go out as wide and far as the base lights. They do a good job lighting up whatever it can reach or if you're looking directly at the lights. High beams are perfect though.
Old 07-27-18, 07:36 AM
rcfowner
Driver School Candidate

I think its not possible to switch out to the triple beams, called a couple dealerships and they either dont know and have never heard of doing that or say the internal components wouldn't be adaptable.
Old 07-27-18, 09:27 AM
LXSDO
Advanced

Like mentioned. If that's the deal breaker. Would be cheaper to sell car and get another.
Old 07-27-18, 09:58 AM
2Squared
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

The Triple Beam LED lights are an option on the RC F, it cost $1,160 on mine.
Old 07-27-18, 11:58 AM
BULLITT1
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

SINGLE BULB LED HEADLIGHTS HAVE 5 PIN(WIRE) CONNECTORS TO EACH UNIT TO OPERATE EACH HEADLIGHT.

TRIPLE BULB LED HEADLIGHTS HAVE 10 PIN(WIRE) CONNECTOR ON THE DRIVER UNIT, AND 5 PIN(WIRE) CONNECTOR ON THE PASSENGER SIDE UNIT. AND UTILIZES "CAN" and "LIN" COMMUNICATION TO OPERATE THE ASSEMBLIES.

CAN THEY BE MADE TO TURN ON AND OFF...POSSIBLY. BUT THEY WON'T OPERATE LIKE THEY ARE DESIGNED TO DO
BASED OFF OF THE "CAN" AND "LIN" COMMUNICATION.

this is based off of the wiring diagrams for the single and triple beam headlamp options.
The following 2 users liked this post by BULLITT1:
Katrcf (08-01-18), rcfowner (08-16-18)
Old 07-27-18, 03:54 PM
rcfowner
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bullitt1
single bulb led headlights have 5 pin(wire) connectors to each unit to operate each headlight.

Triple bulb led headlights have 10 pin(wire) connector on the driver unit, and 5 pin(wire) connector on the passenger side unit. And utilizes "can" and "lin" communication to operate the assemblies.

Can they be made to turn on and off...possibly. But they won't operate like they are designed to do
based off of the "can" and "lin" communication.

This is based off of the wiring diagrams for the single and triple beam headlamp options.
thank you!
The following users liked this post:
Katrcf (08-01-18)
Old 07-27-18, 04:11 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Piece of Mind is Priceless! Congrats on your car & Welcome

Quick Reply: Replace stock to Triple beam LED headlamps