RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

My new 10th Anniversary!! Must have car!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-18, 09:50 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Holy Smokes!!

Originally Posted by RAMAIR47
I am sorry it is on page 8
Wow! That is a HUGE find right there RAMAIR!!

Not being a Matte Paint Expert whatsoever, I'm totally baffled that applying a Protective Coating over this "highly different" paint is verboten!!

IMHO (only) this would be way too much trouble for me to own this unique ride. I actually find the art of washing, waxing, and detailing my vehicles therapeutic in nature!

Surprised they dont cover this fact in detail with those who purchase these cars.

Thanks to my new MTM Foam Cannon!
Old 07-18-18, 12:11 PM
RAMAIR47
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, I hope this gets to the people that bought the 10th anny editions and have not put any coatings on yet.
Old 07-18-18, 01:55 PM
blackoutz
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have already spoke with Lexus about this and they are looking in to sending me and people that bought these cars some kind of solvent for cleaning. For now I will be using Chemical Guys matte soap and cleaner. If its good enough for a Aston Martin or Lamborghini I'm sure my Lexus will be just fine.

I do agree having this paint seems in the beginning a pain in the *** but I'm sure the longer I own it the process will become easier. In my opinion this is what drew me to the car and what will make me keep it for a long time to come.

Blaine
The following users liked this post:
LRCSALES (08-03-18)
Old 07-18-18, 02:20 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

I just went to the dealership to do maintenance on my GS and they have one in the showroom. The exterior looks amazing and everything, I just wish they would have kept the body kits so it's different other than just the paint and different color combo inside... $84k was the sticker price
Old 07-20-18, 08:50 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by blackoutz
I have already spoke with Lexus about this and they are looking in to sending me and people that bought these cars some kind of solvent for cleaning. For now I will be using Chemical Guys matte soap and cleaner. If its good enough for a Aston Martin or Lamborghini I'm sure my Lexus will be just fine.

I do agree having this paint seems in the beginning a pain in the *** but I'm sure the longer I own it the process will become easier. In my opinion this is what drew me to the car and what will make me keep it for a long time to come.

Blaine
I used to think maintaining a gloss black car was hard. Then I saw this. The instructions pretty clearly state water only. No soap. Might be worth a read before you damage the matte finish. See page 35:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Matte Paint Care.pdf (2.64 MB, 128 views)
Old 07-23-18, 02:23 PM
BLexodus
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I love these 10th anniversary cars, they look great inside and out!

Congrats!
Old 07-23-18, 06:26 PM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

You can coat matte finishes cars with a matte ceramic coating. I am a certified ceramic installer and detailer for 15 years.