RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Stolen carbon steering wheel and extra parts!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-18, 02:09 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Received 145 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Stolen carbon steering wheel and extra parts!!!

Hey guys so I got some bad news. The package that had my carbon steering wheel, carbon paddle shifters, carbon shifter, carbon y trim, and carbon steering buttons got sent to the wrong address in Franklin Park, Illinois instead of Orange County, without a signature required. Long story short, the package was taken and is gone now. The person who lived there said he was at work and didn't see where it went, even thought we gave him a heads up on when it was coming and he promised to send it to me with single day delivery. I was stupid enough to believe it....I would like to put this notice out in case it turns up somewhere or if anyone sees it up for sale. Please let me know if anyone knows anything about it. Honestly I can't blame whoever took it but I hope it goes into the right hands at least! Someone is about to go to carbon heaven! Here are some photos below so you have an idea of what to look for!!!

Last edited by mjn88; 07-26-18 at 02:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
elvin6188 (07-27-18)
Old 07-26-18, 03:01 AM
SoSlow
Pole Position

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Nooo. Feel for you. Waiting for your parts, getting those amazing photos and then they are just gone. Hope things work out.
Old 07-26-18, 03:59 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I am sorry to hear about this. These carbon pieces LOOK AMAZING AND AWESOME!!!

So what happened? Did the shipper put down the WRONG SHIPPING ADDRESS? Certainly NOT the shipping address you GAVE THE SHIPPER!!!

Originally Posted by mjn88
Hey guys so I got some bad news. The package that had my carbon steering wheel, carbon paddle shifters, carbon shifter, carbon y trim, and carbon steering buttons got sent to the wrong address in Franklin Park, Illinois instead of Orange County, without a signature required. Long story short, the package was taken and is gone now. The person who lived there said he was at work and didn't see where it went, even thought we gave him a heads up on when it was coming and he promised to send it to me with single day delivery. I was stupid enough to believe it....I would like to put this notice out in case it turns up somewhere or if anyone sees it up for sale. Please let me know if anyone knows anything about it. Honestly I can't blame whoever took it but I hope it goes into the right hands at least! Someone is about to go to carbon heaven! Here are some photos below so you have an idea of what to look for!!!

Old 07-26-18, 04:29 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I am sorry to hear about this. These carbon pieces LOOK AMAZING AND AWESOME!!!

So what happened? Did the shipper put down the WRONG SHIPPING ADDRESS? Certainly NOT the shipping address you GAVE THE SHIPPER!!!
No, he sent it out to the right address but DHL mixed up the addresses and sent it to one of his old customers addresses. We were able to contact the old customer but he's the one that promised to over night ship the stuff to me but then the day of receiving the package he said the package was left on his porch and someone took it. Like i said, I can't blame whoever for taking it but I just thought i'd put the word out. Everything will be taken care of but I just wanted to put the word out so anyone who wants to keep a look out, can.
Old 07-26-18, 07:28 AM
ChrisRCF
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow that blows..those beautiful CF parts aren't cheap either.. Hopefully you get something worked out.
Old 07-26-18, 07:34 AM
WeisRCF
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That totally sucks, hopefully they neither find it or gets you your money back
Old 07-26-18, 08:18 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

That really sucks. Hopefully, the vendor will take some responsibility for not requiring signatures and at least partially compensate.
Old 07-26-18, 08:47 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts

Elvin is no doubt upset too. He spent a lot of time on that.
Old 07-26-18, 08:53 AM
theman
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

seems like an old customer got new parts to me... not sure how DHL accidentally changes an address they're given to another address they have somewhere else in the system. Not sure they should be shouldering blame for that unless DHL is actually replacing the miss-sent package.
Old 07-26-18, 09:19 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,829 Likes on 1,291 Posts

Originally Posted by mjn88
Like i said, I can't blame whoever for taking it
The person's a thief - I don't understand

Lou
Apone (07-27-18)
Old 07-26-18, 09:43 AM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

This is really disheartening to hear, being I'm from Chicago I know the crime rate is high, I know that there are people that follow delivery trucks on a daily basis......I just hope that you are compensated/get your new gear and hopefully Elvin will be too.
Old 07-26-18, 11:51 AM
mjn88
Lead Lap

The package had insurance on it and Elvin is redoing all the parts for me at no extra cost. I''m actually getting better leather this time to match my interior so that is actually a plus but I just wanted to put this out there so others were aware. Thank you for the concern guys, I appreciate it!
BossMoss (07-27-18)
Old 07-26-18, 12:01 PM
mjn88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flowrider
The person's a thief - I don't understand

Lou
I don't know who took it. I didn't point the blame at anyone specifically. I'm just saying, who ever DID take the package, I can't blame them for doing so. Especially without a signature.
Old 07-26-18, 12:12 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Sorry to hear bro.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-26-18, 12:18 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

if label was correct and DHL screwed up, DHL should be replacing the items plain and simple.

I just had this happen to me with UPS this past weekend.. a $600 Color Laser all-in-one printer for my home office. UPS tracking says "left it in the mail room" it was a residential address, I was home all day, it was not left and there is no mail room.

I called the vendor, they contacted UPS, proved it was a residence not a business, UPS stepped up immediately and a new printer was shipped yesterday, this time with a signature.. The vendor said they got a confirmed claim from UPS and resent the printer and they will get paid by UPS within a week or so.

Quick Reply: Stolen carbon steering wheel and extra parts!!!