Found the right one. - Page 3 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Found the right one.

Old 07-12-18, 05:53 AM
SoSlow
Rookie

Originally Posted by BossMoss View Post
Congrats on the awesome car. I'm partial to that, since I have the same one. I've also added the CF hood vent, as well as CF mirror covers and CF shark fin cover, and a CF steering wheel. The CF looks so damn good on infrared. If I had an extra $20k or so, I would add some CF rims...
Your car is looking great. I like the wheels. Considering them in brushed titanium. Just not sure what wheel I'm going with yet.

Did you get the carbon hood vent from carbonfiber500?

I added the steering wheel trim piece yesterday. Nice simple touch, looks stock.

Is the fin cover worth getting? Does it match the roof? Where did you get it?
Old 07-12-18, 08:56 AM
RAMAIR47
Rookie

Be careful with that carbon fiber fin cover, I installed it a while back and lost some XM reception in hilly and large tree areas.
Old 07-12-18, 10:21 AM
tuscani66
Driver School Candidate

Agree with CF fin cover, CF deflect/absorbs RF signals so your radio/satellite signal will be a bit weaker. Personally my fin CF has not affected much but then again I stream majority so I can't do a real comparison to loss of before/after install.

I had the CF FOB on both my remotes but it affects 1 remote more than other so I had to remove it - no rhyme or reason just maybe the weave at 1 point is tighter where the signal starts to emit?
Old 07-13-18, 12:06 AM
BossMoss
Driver

Originally Posted by SoSlow View Post
Your car is looking great. I like the wheels. Considering them in brushed titanium. Just not sure what wheel I'm going with yet.

Did you get the carbon hood vent from carbonfiber500?

I added the steering wheel trim piece yesterday. Nice simple touch, looks stock.

Is the fin cover worth getting? Does it match the roof? Where did you get it?
I'm out of town at the moment and I don't recall off the top of my head where I got the shark fin cover and hood vent. I got the hood vent from one of the vendors on here, but carbonfiber500 does not sound familiar to me. The shark fin cover matches the roof beautifully. I have not had any XM reception issues with it on the car for about a year now.
Old 07-13-18, 05:04 AM
GunnyFitz
Lead Lap

Question Vent Wrap

Originally Posted by ba2sy View Post
It's a 3D carbon fiber wrap. I am still looking for a good affordable CF hood vent.
Would you mind posting the link to where you obtained the CF Wrap please?

I'm about to go in for a whole PPF/Ceramic Coat job and would like that piece done before they start. Paying over $500 for a replacement Vent is just too much. I know I can't compare the two, but I smothered my last Ducati in Carbon Fiber and even the largest pieces were 10x less expensive than what Car Carbon goes for. If Fake Carbon Wrap looks that good, I'll take it anyday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: