RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Dealer Rejected $51,000 OTD offer for 15' CPO RCF

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-18, 09:59 AM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankJ
Premium package, 30,500 miles CPO, lease return, front brakes etc replaced. Dealer wanted 54,000 out the door-Really wanted this car, but with you guys help, this seemed way to high

AZ sales tax is something over 8%, depending on your exact location. With "doc fee" and all the other dealer add on's, your $51K OTD offer was something just over $46K before all the taxes and fees. The dealer is advertising the car for $49.5K, comparable to asking prices for similar cars in this area.
Old 06-26-18, 10:15 PM
FrankJ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ECL
AZ sales tax is something over 8%, depending on your exact location. With "doc fee" and all the other dealer add on's, your $51K OTD offer was something just over $46K before all the taxes and fees. The dealer is advertising the car for $49.5K, comparable to asking prices for similar cars in this area.
And that's why all those RCF's in phoenix are still sitting on lots. This vehicle has been sitting since May 18th....and it will sit until it goes to auction unless they list it for KBB values......My 51k offer is now 50k OTD!!!!
Old 07-02-18, 09:21 AM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Thumbs down

And that's why all those RCF's in phoenix are still sitting on lots. This vehicle has been sitting since May 18th....and it will sit until it goes to auction unless they list it for KBB values......My 51k offer is now 50k OTD!!!!
just because you want a particular price on a used car doesnt mean they have to take it. On used cars especially Certified units there are alot of costs involved for the dealer this specific car, if they had to do brakes and tires to certifiy the vehicle that would have been a couple thousand dollars. Dealers for the most part will not take losses on used units. So if they have 50k in the vehicle with cost and reconditioning they may take a 500 to a 1000 dollar hit to sell it but no more. Your offer is too low, if it was in the parameters that i just listed. If you can spend 51k on a car you most certainly have 53k.

Also lowering your previous rejected offer is beyond my comprehension. That kind of negotiating tactic makes absolutely 0 common sense. Back to the drawing board or step up to the plate and just buy the car.

good luck! the car is worth every penny .
Old 07-02-18, 11:59 AM
FrankJ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
just because you want a particular price on a used car doesnt mean they have to take it. On used cars especially Certified units there are alot of costs involved for the dealer this specific car, if they had to do brakes and tires to certifiy the vehicle that would have been a couple thousand dollars. Dealers for the most part will not take losses on used units. So if they have 50k in the vehicle with cost and reconditioning they may take a 500 to a 1000 dollar hit to sell it but no more. Your offer is too low, if it was in the parameters that i just listed. If you can spend 51k on a car you most certainly have 53k.

Also lowering your previous rejected offer is beyond my comprehension. That kind of negotiating tactic makes absolutely 0 common sense. Back to the drawing board or step up to the plate and just buy the car.

Really? You sound just like a hack used car salesman. I'll wait for the right deal, meanwhile that car sitting on thier lot depreciates everyday. If it's priced so well, whys it been sitting on thier lot since May 18th? Lol good luck to you...
Old 07-02-18, 01:51 PM
LRCSALES
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Talking

Really? You sound just like a hack used car salesman. I'll wait for the right deal, meanwhile that car sitting on thier lot depreciates everyday. If it's priced so well, whys it been sitting on thier lot since May 18th? Lol good luck to you...
Because its a specialty vehicle. Not a normally purchased car. I never said it was priced perfectly. Its a certified LEXUS it is worth more than a normal used LEXUS. Looking across the internet the car is priced correctly. I have bought and sold more cars than you could possible buy yourself. The dealer has a specific number they need from the car if they have had it that long, they most likely have it at the lowest number they can sell it for comfortably. If they didnt call you back to accept your $51k offer within a week or 2 obviously that number doesnt work. so lowering your offering went in the wrong direction. Inside my previous post had plenty of useful info. But you found the negative part more useful.
Old 07-02-18, 02:39 PM
FrankJ
Driver School Candidate

Because its a specialty vehicle. Not a normally purchased car. I never said it was priced perfectly. Its a certified LEXUS it is worth more than a normal used LEXUS. Looking across the internet the car is priced correctly. I have bought and sold more cars than you could possible buy yourself. The dealer has a specific number they need from the car if they have had it that long, they most likely have it at the lowest number they can sell it for comfortably. If they didnt call you back to accept your $51k offer within a week or 2 obviously that number doesnt work. so lowering your offering went in the wrong direction. Inside my previous post had plenty of useful info. But you found the negative part more useful.
I buy and sell commercial properties, much more at stake than simple automobiles. If you believe what a dealer tells you your a fool. They have called me back, multiple times? Why? They are sitting on a depreciating asset. That's how buying and selling works. No one wants depreciating assets, they will lower the price until it sells....I can wait, why follow your obviously bad advice, when all the other posters on this topic, said wait for a better deal?
Old 07-02-18, 06:26 PM
metoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think dealers believe that the car will eventually sell anyway so theres that. im sure they dont think it will take super long but theyre waiting to wait it out based on that it will sell eventually
Old 07-02-18, 06:33 PM
FrankJ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by metoo
i think dealers believe that the car will eventually sell anyway so theres that. im sure they dont think it will take super long but theyre waiting to wait it out based on that it will sell eventually
They lowered it $1000 today......should have took my initial offer!!
Old 07-02-18, 06:36 PM
metoo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol interesting. then that means their plan backfired and theyre kinda regretting it now
Old 07-02-18, 06:55 PM
FrankJ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by metoo
lol interesting. then that means their plan backfired and theyre kinda regretting it now
Who knows, they could just be advertising a non-CPO price to get some interest. Dealers are scam artists, until they really need to unload the car....
Old 07-03-18, 03:47 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I think what the OP is saying is that the longer THAT car sits on the lot...........the more the car SHOULD depreciate WITH TIME (as this car is not a classic, not yet anyways).

I also believe you have a valid point with the "major brand dealership" having to "certify" the car with some real costs involved. I was in an MB dealership trying to work out a deal to buy an MB certified slightly used MB GLA250 4Matic for my teenage son. I was going to sell my trade in (2006 MB SLK55 AMG), but after some thoughts about the time and hassles involved with showing my car to prospective buyers for joy rides and etc.....decided if I can work out a deal with the MB dealer in the gulf coast with my trade in and to include shipping to SoCal.........then it is a deal. While I understand the perimeters involved..........I was able to work out a deal that was fair to all parties. I was able to ask not only for shipping to SoCal, but also to "reduce" the cost for an additional two years of official MB extended unlimited mileage warranty (2 + 1,regular MB certified year extended warranty, + 4 years of original OEM warranty= a total of 7 years).....all with unlimited mileage and zero deductible. Maybe with an MB, I will need all this extended warranty, LOL!!! All were headache free and hassle free. I was treated well.

Folks at the MB dealership all came out when I rolled in with my RCF!!! They all wanted to know if I am trading in the RCF also. I told them NOPE!!!

Old 07-03-18, 06:42 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Just buy the car. The car is totally worth it and there are a lot of members who bought the car over the msrp and enjoying every damn minute of driving the car without any regrets. The car is totally worth the price and if I had to buy the car over again, I would pay without haggling.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (07-05-18)
Old 07-03-18, 06:48 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Spam89
Just buy the car. The car is totally worth it and there are a lot of members who bought the car over the msrp and enjoying every damn minute of driving the car without any regrets. The car is totally worth the price and if I had to buy the car over again, I would pay without haggling.
This. You can always make more money. Life is short; enjoy the ride.
Old 07-03-18, 07:01 AM
FrankJ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Spam89
Nope, I never pay over KBB for a car.....
Old 07-03-18, 02:01 PM
MHB1535
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I love the RC F but its definitely not worth sticker or more. OP you would be better off finding a leftover 16. The dealers dont even want to order 2018s especially up here in Michigan. Every single one sold was discounted massively.

Quick Reply: Dealer Rejected $51,000 OTD offer for 15' CPO RCF