Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it worth it buying an RC F ?

is it worth it buying an RC F ?
Old 06-03-18, 10:42 AM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

It is worth taking the time to explain what you're looking for in a vehicle so we can provide better answers.

Until then, yes. Worth.
The following users liked this post:
jgabrielky (06-03-18)
Old 06-03-18, 10:54 AM
jgabrielky
Driver School Candidate

I currently own a 2015 IS 250. I have been looking online for an used 2015 RC F for several weeks and I just realized that they are to many of them that are on re sale. I was wondering why they are not being kept by the owners.
Old 06-03-18, 11:10 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by jgabrielky
I currently own a 2015 IS 250. I have been looking online for an used 2015 RC F for several weeks and I just realized that they are to many of them that are on re sale. I was wondering why they are not being kept by the owners.
Not sure how to answer this. Majority of people buy high performance cars and want to move on to other cars after 1 or 2 years to try something different. In my city, RCFs are very rare, which is why only 1 is available for sale (by comparison, lots of used M4/M3 are available for sale).
jgabrielky (06-03-18)
Old 06-03-18, 11:49 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

They are so many resold because people buy this car very emotionally , in the sense they see it and they gotta have it so they buy it, then after a few months realize that this is to much car so they sell it again. Lets be real your not gonna use all that hp daily driving it and with the less than desirable mpg yeah everything starts to add up. Down here in SW FL so many old geezers buy this car and sell it because they cant live with the power. Thats how I got mine for dirt cheap, I let an older man take the deprivation and bought a CPO 1 owner 11k miles for $52k 2 years ago. That is why there are so many being sold. Its definitely way better than a really, REALLY SLOW IS250 lmaooo who even drives those anymore?

Actually you know what fun story, I have a hatred for IS250 because my next door neighbor had one and I came home with my Lexus RCF and told me that my car looks fast but is it fast? SO I asked him to race on the road in front of our neighborhood (no cops) and I pulled away from him so fast in his IS250 he couldn't believe it .

Last edited by shadow1118; 06-03-18 at 11:52 AM.
jgabrielky (06-03-18)
Old 06-03-18, 11:52 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

lease returns. 3 year leases for 2015s are now coming due and people turn them in for something different, in comparison there are a lot of 2015 RCFs. But not many used 16’s or 17’s, you will see a lot more 16s next year.

Fwiw if your search any line, it’s about the same. There are tons of 2015 GS,ES,LS CPOs which are likely all lease returns.

‘Worth it’ is subjective. If it’s the car your want then it’s worth it to you, finding a good deal should be easy because of how many used one are around.
jgabrielky (06-03-18)
Old 06-03-18, 12:03 PM
jgabrielky
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by shadow1118
They are so many resold because people buy this car very emotionally , in the sense they see it and they gotta have it so they buy it, then after a few months realize that this is to much car so they sell it again. Lets be real your not gonna use all that hp daily driving it and with the less than desirable mpg yeah everything starts to add up. Down here in SW FL so many old geezers buy this car and sell it because they cant live with the power. Thats how I got mine for dirt cheap, I let an older man take the deprivation and bought a CPO 1 owner 11k miles for $52k 2 years ago. That is why there are so many being sold. Its definitely way better than a really, REALLY SLOW IS250 lmaooo who even drives those anymore?

Actually you know what fun story, I have a hatred for IS250 because my next door neighbor had one and I came home with my Lexus RCF and told me that my car looks fast but is it fast? SO I asked him to race on the road in front of our neighborhood (no cops) and I pulled away from him so fast in his IS250 he couldn't believe it .
Jaja !!!
IS 250 are fun !!!
I noticed that Florida has the best prices for used ones. Thanks for sharing your story.
Old 06-03-18, 12:12 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Very good analogy. 95% of the time, I am using a fraction of that power, but this car has so much depth to it that the special moments that are far fewer and far between, make it so much worth it.

Originally Posted by shadow1118

The following 2 users liked this post by 05RollaXRS:
jgabrielky (06-03-18), shadow1118 (06-03-18)
Old 06-03-18, 12:26 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds

lease returns. 3 year leases for 2015s are now coming due and people turn them in for something different, in comparison there are a lot of 2015 RCFs. But not many used 16’s or 17’s, you will see a lot more 16s next year.

Fwiw if your search any line, it’s about the same. There are tons of 2015 GS,ES,LS CPOs which are likely all lease returns.

‘Worth it’ is subjective. If it’s the car your want then it’s worth it to you, finding a good deal should be easy because of how many used one are around.

I'm glad someone finally got the answer right, lol!
It's not because it's too much power and people realize it after a few years and sell it....it isn't because the mpg is too high or anything, lol.....solely because leases are being turned in. The RCF, like the majority of Lexus' vehicles, are solid cars that few want to get rid of or are forced to get rid of.
YES, 100% worth getting it over the is250. Mpg is very similar between the 2 cars actually....with the RCF being capable of having HIGHER mpgs (just doesn't happen because it's nearly impossible not to step on the pedal given the engine/exhaust noises and power).
BUT, if you're young/immature, I'd suggest staying away from a 450+ hp high performance luxury car.... insurance and tickets will come if you aren't careful....plus, chances are, if youre very young, you won't take care of and maintain it like it needs to be/should be. Anyway, other than that, awesome cars.

V.
The following 2 users liked this post by Vitveet:
jgabrielky (06-03-18), mjeds (06-03-18)
Old 06-03-18, 02:54 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

To the OP, going from an IS250 into and RCF is a HUGE step. You need to know what your getting into before you make the leap. Maybe an RC350 would suit you better.

This coming from an old geezer, thanks shadow1118 and racing a 250, come on

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 06-03-18 at 03:52 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by flowrider:
jgabrielky (06-03-18), shadow1118 (06-03-18)
Old 06-03-18, 03:08 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 344 Likes on 226 Posts

Lease returns. Bingo!
jgabrielky (06-03-18)
Old 06-03-18, 03:47 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I don't quite understand the question. You are asking RCF owners if it is worth getting an RCF (as opposed to other cars) or you are asking if it is worth buying an RCF (as opposed to leasing it)?

p.s. I purchased my RCF outright with cash in Nov, 2017.
jgabrielky (06-03-18)
Old 06-03-18, 03:49 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

I like to kick a dog when its down what can I say? This thread is RCF related topic banter so thats what Im doing. I mean op literally said is it worth it so I kinda just rambled about the car.

OP RCF is about 2.5x faster than an IS250 so its a huge step up. AS long as you can afford maintenance , a new set of tires whenever than get the car. its about $1k for 4 tires for the car. Front axle brake and rotors is about $1100 and rear about $600ish (haven't changed my rears yet!) other than that car is amazing.

Last edited by shadow1118; 06-03-18 at 03:57 PM.
jgabrielky (06-03-18)
Old 06-03-18, 05:02 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Jaja !!!
IS 250 are fun !!!
I noticed that Florida has the best prices for used ones. Thanks for sharing your story.
IS250s are only fun if you haven't driven an IS350 or much less an RCF. I went from having an IS250 (my first Lexus) to 2 350s, (2IS and then 3IS). The IS350 was SO MUCH MORE fun than the IS250 ever was and now the RCF is just another level. I still miss my IS350s though. The RCF is totally worth it but beware of much higher upkeep than the IS. Tires are more expensive, brakes are more expensive, insurance is more expensive, it uses more gas etc, etc... if you already have all that in mind, then yes it's a great fun car. Not the fastest on the segment but overall, I think it's the best one.

If you really look at it, there are not that many of them for sale compared to other cars on the same segment like the BMW M4. I just did a couple searches for both and for example on Truecar, the M4 brought back 417 listings whereas the RCF only brought back 49... and yeah, almost every single RCF is 2015 with a few 16s and a couple 17s, so yeah, end of leases.
jgabrielky (06-03-18)
Old 06-03-18, 05:02 PM
jgabrielky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
I don't quite understand the question. You are asking RCF owners if it is worth getting an RCF (as opposed to other cars) or you are asking if it is worth buying an RCF (as opposed to leasing it)?

p.s. I purchased my RCF outright with cash in Nov, 2017.
What I mean, was if the car was really worth it. I just wanted some RC F owners to provide me a feedback on the car. This car will be my everyday car and not just for the weekends. Thanks for your time providing me a feedback.

Quick Reply: is it worth it buying an RC F ?