Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

how much was the windshield?
Old 05-04-18, 07:32 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by BossMoss
UPDATE:
I let the dealership talk me in to having their PDR guys do the repair. The selling point was simply that if any further damage occurred while someone else tried to fix it, they would not be willing to pay. But if problems occurred with their PDR guy, they would stand behind it. So, I dropped it off yesterday AM for the repair and a windshield replacement - because a rock nailed me while on my way back to the dealer to let them see the dent... (Yeah, FML sometimes). Didn't hear anything back, so I called at 4:00 PM to see if it was ready for me to pick it up, and the service advisor told me that the windshield was done, but they were still working on the dent, and it would be one more day. Now, I have a brother in another state that is a PDR technician, so I was immediately suspicious. It really shouldn't take more than an hour or two. Then again, I wanted it done right, so I didn't push them.

Fast forward to today - I have heard nothing all day long, so I call at around 3:00 PM. My advisor didn't answer, so I called and asked for the service manager. He tells me the windshield is finished, and the dent is finished, and they're just getting ready to put on the new clear bra. WTF??!!?? No way in hell did I give them permission to remove my paint protection film. I told them ABSOLUTELY NOT - and that I was on my way in to pick up the car, and they were not to put clear bra on it, and if they already had it on, they were to take it off. (I had top-notch paint protection film on the vehicle from a high-end shop and I did not want mismatched film!).

I am at the dealer in 30 minutes. My car is in the customer service bay being inspected by the service manager. He says, "I'm assuming you'd like to inspect the vehicle?" My reply: "You're damn right!"
I'm still super pissed about the clear bra being removed - and I told the guy that the only reason I relented and agreed to let them try to remove the dent was because I knew I had clear bra and they couldn't scratch the paint. The service manager apologized a dozen times, and he specifically said he told one of the staff to call me and get permission on the clear bra, so he was dumbfounded that they had not called. He said the matter would be handled internally (I hope that means someone got fired before 5 PM...).

It has turned into a bigger ordeal - though the service manager and I were on the same page after I got over being so pissed off. In the end, he was pretty cool about it and extremely apologetic.
The good news: The dent was fully removed to my untrained eye. The windshield was replaced with factory Lexus glass - bonus. They have agreed to pay for my replacement clear bra on the fender.
The moral of the story is this: NEVER take your car to that dealership again. I'm friends with the owner of Earnhardt Lexus. They are meticulous with my F and my wife's GX. Let me know if you want contact information.
The following 2 users liked this post by CodyJames:
BLexodus (05-07-18), BossMoss (05-06-18)
Old 05-04-18, 08:34 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by BossMoss
UPDATE:
I let the dealership talk me in to having their PDR guys do the repair. The selling point was simply that if any further damage occurred while someone else tried to fix it, they would not be willing to pay. But if problems occurred with their PDR guy, they would stand behind it. So, I dropped it off yesterday AM for the repair and a windshield replacement - because a rock nailed me while on my way back to the dealer to let them see the dent... (Yeah, FML sometimes). Didn't hear anything back, so I called at 4:00 PM to see if it was ready for me to pick it up, and the service advisor told me that the windshield was done, but they were still working on the dent, and it would be one more day. Now, I have a brother in another state that is a PDR technician, so I was immediately suspicious. It really shouldn't take more than an hour or two. Then again, I wanted it done right, so I didn't push them.

Fast forward to today - I have heard nothing all day long, so I call at around 3:00 PM. My advisor didn't answer, so I called and asked for the service manager. He tells me the windshield is finished, and the dent is finished, and they're just getting ready to put on the new clear bra. WTF??!!?? No way in hell did I give them permission to remove my paint protection film. I told them ABSOLUTELY NOT - and that I was on my way in to pick up the car, and they were not to put clear bra on it, and if they already had it on, they were to take it off. (I had top-notch paint protection film on the vehicle from a high-end shop and I did not want mismatched film!).

I am at the dealer in 30 minutes. My car is in the customer service bay being inspected by the service manager. He says, "I'm assuming you'd like to inspect the vehicle?" My reply: "You're damn right!"
I'm still super pissed about the clear bra being removed - and I told the guy that the only reason I relented and agreed to let them try to remove the dent was because I knew I had clear bra and they couldn't scratch the paint. The service manager apologized a dozen times, and he specifically said he told one of the staff to call me and get permission on the clear bra, so he was dumbfounded that they had not called. He said the matter would be handled internally (I hope that means someone got fired before 5 PM...).

It has turned into a bigger ordeal - though the service manager and I were on the same page after I got over being so pissed off. In the end, he was pretty cool about it and extremely apologetic.
The good news: The dent was fully removed to my untrained eye. The windshield was replaced with factory Lexus glass - bonus. They have agreed to pay for my replacement clear bra on the fender.
it's always fascinating to me how in situations like this: a single mistake cascades into multiple mistakes simply because someone tried to hide the first mistake, then doesn't follow through on making sure that first mistake is properly addressed.
The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (05-06-18)
Old 05-06-18, 12:09 AM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by danielTRLK
how much was the windshield?
$0.00 because I have 100% glass coverage. But I was surprised State Farm agreed to use the Lexus glass.
Old 05-07-18, 07:50 AM
Ninja10r
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i would say anyone getting the recall done should be on the lookout for a dent in the same area,because could be the techs need to do something on this side of vehicles ......but still no reason for any dents
Old 05-07-18, 01:27 PM
BLexodus
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyJames
The moral of the story is this: NEVER take your car to that dealership again. I'm friends with the owner of Earnhardt Lexus. They are meticulous with my F and my wife's GX. Let me know if you want contact information.
Exactly... not going to Lexus of Chandler.