Wheel decision

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-18, 10:28 AM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by GOT8SPD
why? Because of offsets? I'm not sure if I wanna go 20s
It's the same setup that HRE does for the RCF but I feel like the rear needs to come out more for the RCF with the 20X11 but no problem. It does suck having to roll on 30 profile front and rear since the stock tires are 19" with 35 front and rear.
Old 04-06-18, 10:30 AM
Spam89
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

How does the vff 103 look Geturwheels? You stated these fit on the rc-f 19s?
Old 04-06-18, 10:47 AM
GOT8SPD
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Spam89
How does the vff 103 look Geturwheels? You stated these fit on the rc-f 19s?
he just said they only have 20s for rcf
Old 04-06-18, 11:02 AM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

he just said they only have 20s for rcf
They do have a 19" staggered set but it's a weak setup in 19X8.5 / 19X9.5 meant for the IS350.

If you guys want a split 5 spoke wheel, maybe look into Forgestar CF5V? This set we did in 19" with 19X10 and 19X11

Old 04-06-18, 11:03 AM
GOT8SPD
Driver

Originally Posted by GetUrWheel
They do have a 19" staggered set but it's a weak setup in 19X8.5 / 19X9.5 meant for the IS350.

If you guys want a split 5 spoke wheel, maybe look into Forgestar CF5V? This set we did in 19" with 19X10 and 19X11

I haven't heard much about them? Someone told me they are cheap quality? Any other 5 split olapole options with deep concave out there?
Old 04-06-18, 11:05 AM
GOT8SPD
Driver

It's the same setup that HRE does for the RCF but I feel like the rear needs to come out more for the RCF with the 20X11 but no problem. It does suck having to roll on 30 profile front and rear since the stock tires are 19" with 35 front and rear.
What do you mean needs to come out more? Why? Offset? Idk what you mean having to roll 30 profile front and rear... your sentence lost me.
Old 04-06-18, 11:16 AM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

I haven't heard much about them? Someone told me they are cheap quality? Any other 5 split olapole options with deep concave out there?
We sell A LOT of these Forgestar wheels to Corvette guys with no issues. They've beefed up their wheels since they realized too many people were tracking with them so they're pretty great. Not too many companies out there that make 19" in a wide range of offsets unless you get forged wheels or go with VS Forged.

What do you mean needs to come out more? Why? Offset? Idk what you mean having to roll 30 profile front and rear... your sentence lost me.
The 20X11 size is a fixed size from Vorsteiner and it should be a lower offset in my opinion to be a better flush fit. Something you can't do with off the shelf wheels unless you run a spacer.

30 profile is for tires..... you want to go 30 profile tires when you move up to 20" since the stock 19" is 35 profile.
Old 04-08-18, 02:21 PM
GOT8SPD
Driver

We sell A LOT of these Forgestar wheels to Corvette guys with no issues. They've beefed up their wheels since they realized too many people were tracking with them so they're pretty great. Not too many companies out there that make 19" in a wide range of offsets unless you get forged wheels or go with VS Forged.

The 20X11 size is a fixed size from Vorsteiner and it should be a lower offset in my opinion to be a better flush fit. Something you can't do with off the shelf wheels unless you run a spacer.

30 profile is for tires..... you want to go 30 profile tires when you move up to 20" since the stock 19" is 35 profile.
ahhh I got ya. What about bcforged? I'm looking at the rz21 , they look pretty concave I'm hoping they would fit? The forgestar do look good though and are good price actually.
Old 04-09-18, 09:23 AM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

ahhh I got ya. What about bcforged? I'm looking at the rz21 , they look pretty concave I'm hoping they would fit? The forgestar do look good though and are good price actually.
BC Forged is no different than VS Forged with the same forgings from the same factory in Taiwan. Most wheel companies will always put up photos of their most concave wheel but the set you'll be getting won't be anything near their deepest concavity. At most, it will be the standard overseas, face 1 and face 2 profile that everyone uses.
Old 04-09-18, 09:33 AM
GOT8SPD
Driver

BC Forged is no different than VS Forged with the same forgings from the same factory in Taiwan. Most wheel companies will always put up photos of their most concave wheel but the set you'll be getting won't be anything near their deepest concavity. At most, it will be the standard overseas, face 1 and face 2 profile that everyone uses.
I wasnt really comparing bcforged with vs... i never even mentioned vs. They clearly have different designs. Pretty sure bc has an option to pick your concavity so not sure what you mean? How would someone go about getting the deepest concave then?. Seems like you are just trying to sell people on brands you sell honestly.
Old 04-09-18, 09:47 AM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

I wasnt really comparing bcforged with vs... i never even mentioned vs. They clearly have different designs. Pretty sure bc has an option to pick your concavity so not sure what you mean? How would someone go about getting the deepest concave then?. Seems like you are just trying to sell people on brands you sell honestly.
In terms of quality, the same so they'll be good if that's what you're asking. You simply asked... "What about BCForged?" you weren't exactly clear. As for the concavity, using BC's forging profiles, you'll need a low to mid pad from their flat - medium profile for the way the car is in terms of wheel fitment and brake caliper clearance for an OE+ fitment application.. but if you want that aggressive fit with a bit of suspension modifications, then we can get deep concave on a low pad with the necessary camber adjustments needed.
Old 04-09-18, 04:27 PM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts
Default My Three Cents

As one who'd personally dealt w our GUW Rep here, I wouldn't say he pushes any brands per se- yet does come off as overly "excited" about all the different wheels they sell. He is surely a highly motivated distributor of nice wheels. This is an admirable trait for anyone selling any products whatsoever, and may come across as too strong. The only thing I can suggest from "personal" experience is to perhaps throttle back a bit when a "newbie" comes in - especially one who has cognitive issues that are brought up at the very beginning. One (screw it - I) was just too overwhelmed w all the numbers & specs being thrown at me at redline rpms. Guess I'll just need to educate myself more before reaching out.

Nice wheels though!
The following users liked this post:
GetUrWheel (04-09-18)
Old 04-09-18, 04:39 PM
GetUrWheel
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
As one who'd personally dealt w our GUW Rep here, I wouldn't say he pushes any brands per se- yet does come off as overly "excited" about all the different wheels they sell. He is surely a highly motivated distributor of nice wheels. This is an admirable trait for anyone selling any products whatsoever, and may come across as too strong. The only thing I can suggest from "personal" experience is to perhaps throttle back a bit when a "newbie" comes in - especially one who has cognitive issues that are brought up at the very beginning. One (screw it - I) was just too overwhelmed w all the numbers & specs being thrown at me at redline rpms. Guess I'll just need to educate myself more before reaching out.

Nice wheels though!
Thanks Gunny! Hope you checked out that last message I sent you with some installed photos of another customer of mine. Maybe you can give me some feedback from that car and then I would have a much better understanding of what we should aim for here.