RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

VMR Wheels on the RC F...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-18, 01:54 PM
SkyPara82
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Default VMR Wheels on the RC F...

I looked at a LOT of wheels that I felt would make my RC F pop, and I kept coming back to the VMR V710FF wheels. Deep concave. So I reached out to Tracy at Velocity Motoring / VMR in Anaheim. He worked closely with me to ensure the size, offsets and custom powdercoat was just right for what I was looking for. The finished product as pictured yesterday. Tracy nailed it. It is exactly as I'd hoped. Stance is much more aggressive now without lowering and without surrendering the stock Michelin PSS tires. Specs are 19x10.5 +35, and 19x9.5 +33. I highly recommend the VMR FormFlow (FF) wheels and you can rest assured working with Tracy at Velocity Motoring.

The following users liked this post:
BossMoss (03-08-18)
Old 03-08-18, 07:28 PM
dblambo85
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SkyPara82
I looked at a LOT of wheels that I felt would make my RC F pop, and I kept coming back to the VMR V710FF wheels. Deep concave. So I reached out to Tracy at Velocity Motoring / VMR in Anaheim. He worked closely with me to ensure the size, offsets and custom powdercoat was just right for what I was looking for. The finished product as pictured yesterday. Tracy nailed it. It is exactly as I'd hoped. Stance is much more aggressive now without lowering and without surrendering the stock Michelin PSS tires. Specs are 19x10.5 +35, and 19x9.5 +33. I highly recommend the VMR FormFlow (FF) wheels and you can rest assured working with Tracy at Velocity Motoring.

looks great from what I can tell.... need more shots!!
Old 03-08-18, 09:57 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I worked with Tracy as well to get some VMR Wheels as a winter setup for my GS-F. Great guy to work with and very helpful. I also highly recommend VMR Wheels and Tracy these wheels are high quality!
Old 03-09-18, 05:35 AM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Looks great! Doing some math, with the front OEM 9 by +50 the new wheel extends 23mm out and with the rear OEM 10 by +41 the new wheel extends 12.3mm out.

I am also searching around a lot of the right wheels, yours look great, but in the mean time was going to get spacers to extend rear by 15 and front by 20; could we get a long profile picture so I can see the flushness (if that's a word) of the wheels to fender?

Thanks in advance!
Keoni.
Old 03-09-18, 06:47 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Looks good. Also, looks like you are running the stock springs, correct? Got a side profile shot of the car?
Old 03-10-18, 03:48 AM
SkyPara82
Driver

Thx for your patience guys - I've been slammed at work this week. Here's the side shot. Yes, running stock springs. Unlike my previous performance cars I'm not screwing with the suspension during this stage of the warranty. Also, San Antonio roads pretty much suck and that gap is insurance. The tires clear during compression even though it's pretty close as you can see. No spacers needed. I went with the V710FFs because before I bought the RC F last summer I test drove an M4 with Competition Package. Although the M4 wasn't my cup of tea, those wheels that came with the Comp package were sweet. Deep concave. Transformed the visuals of the car. I searched to get that look for my car and the search ultimately led me to VMR and Tracy.

Also want to thank Josh at Meraki for the quick ship on the Borla. Others asked if the tips can be painted. Yes they can. I painted with a high heat gloss black in my garage. Also want to thank Lou at Mods in Japan for getting me the carbon fiber under diffuser and Apexi suction kit in quick fashion. I'm all set. For now.

Last edited by SkyPara82; 03-10-18 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Add information
Old 03-10-18, 10:41 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

Those wheels look great!
SkyPara82 (03-11-18)
Old 03-10-18, 11:56 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Those look fantastic and exactly what I'm looking for for my F. However, it seems like a downgrade going from OEM forged to flow formed...
SkyPara82 (03-11-18)
Old 03-11-18, 05:56 AM
SkyPara82
Driver

Originally Posted by CodyJames
Those look fantastic and exactly what I'm looking for for my F. However, it seems like a downgrade going from OEM forged to flow formed...
I considered that - going from forged to form flow - and decided that: 1) impacts to how I use the car would be minimal, 2) aesthetics are more important for my vision of the car's build, and 3) the price was GREAT for a wheel with custom powdercoat and offsets.

Since I also bought the Borla, the cf diffuser, the Apexi intake kit, and a full Corsa exhaust for my Jeep GC Trailhawk at the same time, dropping $6-$8K on forged deep concave wheels was out of the question.
Old 03-11-18, 06:48 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Nice!! 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Originally Posted by skypara82

thx for your patience guys - i've been slammed at work this week. Here's the side shot. Yes, running stock springs. Unlike my previous performance cars i'm not screwing with the suspension during this stage of the warranty. Also, san antonio roads pretty much suck and that gap is insurance. The tires clear during compression even though it's pretty close as you can see. No spacers needed. I went with the v710ffs because before i bought the rc f last summer i test drove an m4 with competition package. Although the m4 wasn't my cup of tea, those wheels that came with the comp package were sweet. Deep concave. Transformed the visuals of the car. I searched to get that look for my car and the search ultimately led me to vmr and tracy.

Also want to thank josh at meraki for the quick ship on the borla. Others asked if the tips can be painted. Yes they can. I painted with a high heat gloss black in my garage. Also want to thank lou at mods in japan for getting me the carbon fiber under diffuser and apexi suction kit in quick fashion. I'm all set. For now.
The following 2 users liked this post by lexusrus:
ModInJapan (03-13-18), SkyPara82 (03-11-18)
Old 03-11-18, 07:50 AM
SkyPara82
Driver

Originally Posted by dblambo85
looks great from what I can tell.... need more shots!!
Final pic. BTW, thanks all for the comments. Have a great Sunday drive!
Old 03-13-18, 03:00 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Thx for your patience guys - I've been slammed at work this week. Here's the side shot. Yes, running stock springs. Unlike my previous performance cars I'm not screwing with the suspension during this stage of the warranty. Also, San Antonio roads pretty much suck and that gap is insurance. The tires clear during compression even though it's pretty close as you can see. No spacers needed. I went with the V710FFs because before I bought the RC F last summer I test drove an M4 with Competition Package. Although the M4 wasn't my cup of tea, those wheels that came with the Comp package were sweet. Deep concave. Transformed the visuals of the car. I searched to get that look for my car and the search ultimately led me to VMR and Tracy.

Also want to thank Josh at Meraki for the quick ship on the Borla. Others asked if the tips can be painted. Yes they can. I painted with a high heat gloss black in my garage. Also want to thank Lou at Mods in Japan for getting me the carbon fiber under diffuser and Apexi suction kit in quick fashion. I'm all set. For now.
very NICE
Old 03-13-18, 03:05 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

That needs to be lowered ASAP
Old 03-13-18, 06:33 PM
SkyPara82
Driver

Originally Posted by yooniverse
That needs to be lowered ASAP
Ever driven in San Antonio? If you had you'd completely get why it's not lowered. My vette was lowered - big problems on some of the crappiest roads I've driven. Had to raise it back up. My RCF will never be lowered and I'm cool with that.
Old 03-14-18, 07:11 PM
xscurry
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever driven in San Antonio? If you had you'd completely get why it's not lowered. My vette was lowered - big problems on some of the crappiest roads I've driven. Had to raise it back up. My RCF will never be lowered and I'm cool with that.

Nice wheels Same here in Houston, want to lower but the roads and constant construction

Quick Reply: VMR Wheels on the RC F...