Carbon Ceramic Rotor for RCF

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-18, 06:39 PM
RC5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
Links are in post #10
hmm.. bit out of reach to get those front CCM rotors.. may consider the 2 pcs rear to match my 2 pcs front at the moment
Old 04-04-18, 03:00 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Might want to google this company first.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...ure-track.html

Originally Posted by JT2MA71
Links are in post #10
Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe

That is correct. I was all excited at first thinking they had fronts and rears that worked with OE calipers
Originally Posted by Mingofish
No rear rotors avail unless you buy the upgrade kit with calipers.
Right?
Only front rotors available by themselves are the oem size ones.
Correct if I’m wrong pls.
Originally Posted by isfdude
Can these rotors be used for daily driving? What’s the cost for them??
Old 04-04-18, 03:29 PM
RacingBrake
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of other heavily track communities were aware of this failure - From customers' retrofit (CVTS-V2 to V1 having different offset).
Rotor failure from a CTS-V customer
We have since stopped supporting "retrofit" requests - Including what's asked this thread for making rear stock size CCM rotors to fit "OE" caliper.

RB is proud to be a brake provider to those American muscle cars.

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/srt-h...arisons.15883/

Engine Performance
GT500 Engine - Trinity
2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Trinity 5.8L V8 - Power Of Three - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine
662hp @ 6500 rpm / 631tq @ 4000 rpm (rated)

ZL1 Engine - LT4 Compact Powerhouse: Inside Corvette Z06’s LT4 Engine
650hp @ 6400 rpm / 650tq @ 3600 rpm (rated)
646hp @ 6400 rpm / 656tq @ 3600 rpm (measured)

Z28 Engine - LS7 Race Proven LS7 7.0L V-8, Ruthless Pursuit of Power: The Mystique of the C6 Corvette LS7 Engine - Page 1 of 26 - CorvetteActionCenter.com
505hp @ 6100 rpm / 481tq @ 4800 rpm (rated)

SRT Engine - Hellcat We Take A Hard Look At Dodge's Paradigm-Shifting 707hp Hellcat Hemi
707hp @ 6000 rpm / 650tq @ 4800 rpm (rated)
714hp @ 6200 rpm / 652tq @ 4800rpm (measured)

Brakes
15.00-inch (381mm), 2-piece front rotor, 6-piston caliper - GT500 (2013-2014)
15.50-inch (394mm), 2-piece front rotor, 6-piston caliper - Z/28
15.35-inch (390mm), 2-piece front rotor, 6-piston caliper - ZL1 (2017)
15.35-inch (390mm), 2-piece front rotor, 6-piston caliper - Hellcat (2015+)

Above 4 (Z28 is CCM which we offer Iron conversion), and Nissan GTR account more than 50% of our two piece rotors sales. Search more and be more informed.
Old 04-06-18, 04:08 AM
GunnyFitz
Instructor

Received 212 Likes on 162 Posts

Didnt see anyone here mention it, and I'm not sure if 4-wheel vehicles face this issue or not -

Ran these on my Ducati one race season and they definitely took a while to get used to, especially when they get wet from rain! . IMHO- they look absolutely gorgeous, but the avg daily driver truly does not actually gain anything other than a super cool look.
My 4 cents anyway...
Old 04-07-18, 07:31 PM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 312 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by GunnyFitz
Didnt see anyone here mention it, and I'm not sure if 4-wheel vehicles face this issue or not -

Ran these on my Ducati one race season and they definitely took a while to get used to, especially when they get wet from rain! . IMHO- they look absolutely gorgeous, but the avg daily driver truly does not actually gain anything other than a super cool look.
My 4 cents anyway...
Get used to them in what way? When they get wet are they not as responsive?
Saving 40 IBS on the front axle alone to me is a big deal especially when you trying to trim that excess weight RCF's are infamous for. Not too many places can you cut so much weight especially the most important, unsprung weight.
Old 04-11-18, 12:48 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RacingBrake
Would any RCF/GSFowners be interested in this direct swap, instant, and highly affordable CCM rotor upgrade that can save you more than 40 lbs unsprung weight per axle but w/o breaking your bank.
CCM rotors are designed and made for a direct swap & 100% bolt on installation, retain the use of OE 6 piston calipers.
I do. Do you have a special deal or promotion?
Old 04-11-18, 02:34 PM
RacingBrake
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yooniverse
I do. Do you have a special deal or promotion?
Here is what you can do.
1. Order online for what you like to have (rotors only or complete RB-CCB kit).
2. Select "None" for payment so you can go through the ordering process w/o holding any payment (c/c or Paypal).
3. Upon order receipt we will apply pre-order incentives/discount and/or necessary clarification of order contents
4. A revised invoice will be sent to you for review and approval
5. Along with your order approval, you should enter/update payment info for order execution.
No order will be processed w/o your approval and your purchase is guaranteed with complete satisfaction.

Last edited by RacingBrake; 04-13-18 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-11-18, 04:05 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 344 Likes on 226 Posts

These brakes are awesome. I am really leaning towards doing this swap when my brakes need replacing.
Old 07-25-18, 03:43 AM
BrianHo
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Finally got my CCM rotors and RB Brake pads installed and have been driving with them for a little over a week now. (I had ordered these a while back but was working out of town until a couple weeks ago.)

First thing, no more annoying brake squeaking! My OEM Brembos were so loud and embarrassing. On 2 separate occasions, when I went down to the US to pick up some packages, the boarder guard asked if I was going to pick up new brakes! LOL.

Second, don't use the stock brake pads with the CCM Rotors. Braking is, 100% without a doubt, worse than stock with this combo. I had to drive with the stock pads for a few days because the wrong pads were sent. RB re-sent the proper replacement pads ASAP, and their customer service handled this great, no issues. Also, there's a metal brake dust guard thing for the front rotors, that had to be bent back a little to fit these new rotors. No big deal, just thought I'd mention it since the installer brought that up and showed me what he did.

Anyways, once I got the proper pads and followed the bedding instructions the brakes worked awesome! I've just done street driving so far, with a bunch of hard braking tests and the brakes do seem a bit better than stock. The initial bite is good and they really grab when you slam on it. I'm curious to see how they will behave on the track and if I would need I different brake pad setup. The 40 pounds of unsprung/rotational weight savings in the front, does make a difference. You can feel a minor increase in acceleration, I mean, it's not a night and day difference, but my "butt dyno" feels it's there. In reality, if I had changed all 4 rotors, and got lighter wheels (approx. 100 lbs of weight savings total ) all at the same time, I'm sure the increase in performance would be more obvious. But as you guys all know, our cars are heavy, so any amount of weight savings is beneficial, regardless if you feel it or not, and -40 pounds is a lot.

Lastly, my car was washed when the pads were installed. After about 9 days of driving, the rears had the usual amount of brake dust build up, while my fronts with the CCM Rotors were still pretty clean. When I sprayed the rears, a lot more brake dust came off and you can see it in the blackened water, but that wasn't the case with the fronts; so that's a bonus.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with this purchase. I do wish they made rear CCM rotors that fit though.

Cheers,
Brian
The following 6 users liked this post by BrianHo:
1wacko (12-06-19), CAHWY128 (07-25-18), finny76 (12-06-19), konichiwa3 (07-25-18), minator (06-12-22), Ne1tHeRe (07-25-18) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-06-19, 12:56 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Was the upgrade worth the investment?
Old 03-16-21, 12:47 PM
GPark
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is old... But did anyone ever buy and use these? How are they holding up? Also curious on how much "highly affordable" was in the OP. Thanks in advance
Old 03-16-21, 01:46 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 752 Likes on 468 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by GPark
I know this is old... But did anyone ever buy and use these? How are they holding up? Also curious on how much "highly affordable" was in the OP. Thanks in advance
Fronts: $6,000
RB FRONT OE-REPLACEMENT 380MMx34 CCM ROTORS ONLY RC-F GS-F (shopfigs.com)

Rear: $6,800
RB FIGS 380MMx34 CCM REAR UPGRADE KIT ONLY RC-F GS-F (shopfigs.com)

Isn't cheap. lol

When I was looking at a 2014' e63s it had CCB from the factory. I almost bit the bullet on it because it was identical spec that I wanted, down to the interior color, exterior color and options...etc. After researching and finding out that each rotor was around $3300+, I realized that spending $12k on a brake job when the time would come was ridiculous..lol Mind you they say they last 100k miles or so, but that doesn't count if a rock or something damages the rotor, which can happen.

When I need to get rotors for the RCF i'm doing two piece alloy rotors. It'll save 20+lbs but to triple or quadruple the cost to get CCB just doesn't seem worth it. If I had money to burn and it didn't matter, then why not.

-Nigel
The following users liked this post:
GPark (03-16-21)
Old 03-16-21, 01:51 PM
GPark
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nigel821
Fronts: $6,000
RB FRONT OE-REPLACEMENT 380MMx34 CCM ROTORS ONLY RC-F GS-F (shopfigs.com)

Rear: $6,800
RB FIGS 380MMx34 CCM REAR UPGRADE KIT ONLY RC-F GS-F (shopfigs.com)

Isn't cheap. lol

When I was looking at a 2014' e63s it had CCB from the factory. I almost bit the bullet on it because it was identical spec that I wanted, down to the interior color, exterior color and options...etc. After researching and finding out that each rotor was around $3300+, I realized that spending $12k on a brake job when the time would come was ridiculous..lol Mind you they say they last 100k miles or so, but that doesn't count if a rock or something damages the rotor, which can happen.

When I need to get rotors for the RCF i'm doing two piece alloy rotors. It'll save 20+lbs but to triple or quadruple the cost to get CCB just doesn't seem worth it. If I had money to burn and it didn't matter, then why not.

-Nigel
That's my mindset at the moment, but I happened across this so I was a bit curious. Thanks for responding, I appreciate it!
Old 03-16-21, 02:46 PM
CAHWY128
Advanced

Received 344 Likes on 226 Posts

I would love some carbon ceramic rotors. But went with the R&R racing 2 piece and I am very happy.
Old 03-16-21, 03:31 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

RR racing 2 piece is a good option. It saves a lot of weight vs OEM without the carbon ceramic. I think about 17 lbs saving on the front and 11 lbs on the rear of total unsprung mass. Rotors and pads altogether cost around $3000 USD so it is a good option. My OEM pads/rotors are still doing well, but that is the route I will go in 2 years when my rotors/pads are done.

Quick Reply: Carbon Ceramic Rotor for RCF