RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC-F to GT-R maybe?

Old 03-09-18, 01:17 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BrennanH
They are going to bring the car to auction... so figure in transport, auction fees, etc... they are taking the reasonable sale value for your car currently at whatever auction they choose and lowering it by those costs. I just bought mine wholesale. Do I think your offer is low? Yes. But probably only 1500-2k low.

RC F's have not held their value well. Thats unfortunate for everyone that bought new, but I think, being that its an F car and a lot of people still love the Lexus brand (look at IS F values) they will begin to flatten out over the next 3 yrs. Which is good for people getting into the market now.

Was it to a Lexus dealer? They probably wanted your clean car to CPO and then try to sell for 48k. They value CPO at something like 3k+ (someone correct me I bet someone knows the actual figure), but I assure you thats not where the market is for a non-Lexus dealer that has to bring the car to auction.

I bought my car wholesale, but before I did I talked to a local Lexus dealer. They told me they didnt think it was reasonable to find me a 2015 with reasonable miles (ie: 20kish) for under 50k. :rofl: You can get them wholesale for 38-42k. They thought so little of the prospect they rushed me out the door after a test drive and havent called me since.

No i sold it to a wholesaler, i work for a dealership.

Car was sold at 42K and is already on sale at a dirt lot for 45 and change, quick flip...cheapest one in the city still, my car was mint, needed no reconditioning.
Old 03-09-18, 01:19 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Smile

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
drove the GTR on the track once, fast capable car, mind numbingly boring to drive

LOL ok man
Old 03-12-18, 05:47 AM
webra
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by djeayzonne
Hello mates.

I am worried that if I try to pursue a bit more performance, I am going to lose more refinement than I would gain in performance.

Hmm.........
If so have you considered a Kia Stinger GT? Looks like a bit more performance than the RCF, but with refinement though obviously not GTR levels of acceleration.
Old 03-12-18, 09:37 AM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by webra

If so have you considered a Kia Stinger GT? Looks like a bit more performance than the RCF, but with refinement though obviously not GTR levels of acceleration.
I've had this convo with some people at Kia and we all agree on one thing, the Stinger will be a great used car.

Unfortunately for what it costs right now, there's no way I'd choose a Stinger over the RCF. Performance wise, I don't think too highly of what the Stinger offers stock but from my understanding even the Optimas have a lot of potential after a tune.
Old 03-12-18, 09:49 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Its a ****ing kia , gtfo i dont care how good it does
The following 3 users liked this post by ISF4life:
97-SC300 (03-16-18), DarkEye (03-17-18), myidsucks (03-14-18)
Old 03-12-18, 11:41 AM
djeayzonne
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I want an upgrade in performance, style, and/or refinement and the stinger would be none of those.

I'm keeping an eye out for what genesis may do in the near future though.
Old 03-12-18, 06:36 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

More performance? Are you thinking the RC350 by any chance?

RCF makes over a 100 HP more. That translates to a 6 mph higher trap speed. 0-150 mph that is 6 seconds quicker. For RCF's intended purposes of doing well around the race track, the only lap time of figure-8 for Kia Stinger is 2 seconds slower on the Kia than of the RCF. These cars do not compete with each other in any respect.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-12-18 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-14-18, 02:52 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Kia Stinger compared to the RCF? you are kidding right?
The following users liked this post:
DarkEye (03-17-18)
Old 03-16-18, 12:05 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

'15 or up GTR,any day. I think they have nice interior and drives very comfortable.

Be ready to pay more for simple maintenance and insurance.
Old 03-16-18, 12:52 PM
djeayzonne
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jkonquer
'15 or up GTR,any day. I think they have nice interior and drives very comfortable.

Be ready to pay more for simple maintenance and insurance.
Yeah, I am seriously considering it.

I don't care about the extra maintenance.
Out of curiosity, just checked with my current insurance. A 2017 GT-R would only be 150 more per 6 months than my 2015 RC-F.

Last edited by djeayzonne; 03-16-18 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-16-18, 01:01 PM
djeayzonne
Pit Crew

You know though, I keep going back and forth on going more performance or more luxury.
When I drive at night without much traffic, definitely want more performance.
When I drive in the afternoon in traffic, I get super frustrated as it is with people requiring 60 seconds to accelerate from 0 to 45, and I feel even the RC-F is pointless.

If I had to commute everyday, I would definitely not bother with a car like this as my daily. Thankfully, I do not have a commute!!!
Old 03-16-18, 02:32 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

You know though, I keep going back and forth on going more performance or more luxury.
When I drive in the afternoon in traffic, I get super frustrated as it is with people requiring 60 seconds to accelerate from 0 to 45, and I feel even the RC-F is pointless.

If I had to commute everyday, I would definitely not bother with a car like this as my daily. Thankfully, I do not have a commute!!!
For me, RCF already is borderline unusable on freeways for more than a few seconds. Redline it in 2nd, 3rd and then by 4th gear, you already are doing "go to jail" speed. 0-150 mph in 24 seconds is crazy fast compared to 90% of the cars on the road, which probably take 24 seconds just to reach 100 mph for the average car. Cops are lurking everywhere, where I live.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 03-16-18 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-16-18, 04:54 PM
airlaird
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

I just love the F... but Just to add to the GTR comment, I now too am considering a 2015 GTR. it is apparent the GTRs really hold their values compared to the F. For 2018 I awaited a slight h.p bump to the F..... but it never came...I dont foresee an h.p bump changing even at the mid cycle. So to add injury to slow sales... lexus does a price increase on the 2018? So sales are sluggish so lexus says “let’s give the 2018 a price bump”. WT heck?
airlaird

Last edited by airlaird; 03-16-18 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-16-18, 05:25 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
For me, RCF already is borderline unusable on freeways for more than a few seconds. Redline it in 2nd, 3rd and then by 4th gear, you already are doing "go to jail" speed. 0-150 mph in 24 seconds is crazy fast compared to 90% of the cars on the road, which probably take 24 seconds just to reach 100 mph for the average car. Cops are lurking everywhere, where I live.
90% on the road? Yeah if u live in Canada lol , for the op yeah we heard u since u already own rcf there is no point to own another gt car, so gtr replacing rcf is no brainer. But if u have a FBO ISF tuned which is a 4 doors sedan then u might want to keep it for daily and weekend the Godzilla 😀😍 welcome to Godzilla 🌎😎
Old 03-16-18, 05:59 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

sounds like you need to look into a porsche. You get the best of both worlds. Even the new cayman is a fast car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RC-F to GT-R maybe?