RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

RC-F now under $40k

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-18, 01:47 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Car was in an accident. 4 year depreciation for good build quality car is typically 60 - 65% of its original value (at least, where I live) in blue book terms.
In your dreams. I know you just bought a second hand rcf, but dame that’s optimistic. The dealers go by black book and it’s 15% lower than blue book for trade in. I got mine 1 year old, new left over for 20% Discount, so there is no way it only depreciates another 15-20% the next 2 years with normal driving. We are not talking about a Tacoma or FJ here... the rcf is inferior of the bunch and depreciates like a rock
The following users liked this post:
lobuxracer (01-23-18)
Old 01-23-18, 01:52 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ToyotaJon
Hard to imagine it'd pop up now if it hasn't yet.
I asked the body shop how fast will it appear on carfax, so I can trade it in before it shows, the managered said typically about 3 month for my insurance to report it
The following users liked this post:
ToyotaJon (01-23-18)
Old 01-23-18, 08:39 PM
ToyotaJon
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
In your dreams. I know you just bought a second hand rcf, but dame that’s optimistic. The dealers go by black book and it’s 15% lower than blue book for trade in. I got mine 1 year old, new left over for 20% Discount, so there is no way it only depreciates another 15-20% the next 2 years with normal driving. We are not talking about a Tacoma or FJ here... the rcf is inferior of the bunch and depreciates like a rock
Lets not forget 4Runner either
Old 01-24-18, 05:52 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

I said very clearly 'blue book market value'. Not wholesale black book value that dealers pay. I was in the market a few months ago while doing extensive calculations on what a good deal is. I just bought an 8000 miles (14,000 km) 2015 RCF in November that comparatively speaking from a member on this board in a private sale, was extremely competitively price. I can easily see what the current blue book value of the cars that are available in the used market and do the math on what the percentage of depreciation is.

Should I post a few local used listings here (Canadian markets) to illustrate my point?

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 01-25-18 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-24-18, 02:48 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

I said very clearly 'blue book market value'. Not wholesale black book value that dealers pay. You understand the difference? I was in the market a few months ago while doing extensive calculations on what a good deal is. I just bought an 8000 miles (14,000 km) 2015 RCF in November that comparatively speaking from a member on this board in a private sale, was extremely competitively price. I can easily see what the current blue book value of the cars that are available in the used market and do the math on what the percentage of depreciation is.

Should I post a few local used listings here (Canadian markets), if you think I am lying?
No need to justify what you paid up north where is covered with snow. Whatever you paid should and will be less compared to Southern states where it can be driven year round. There is a fine difference of negotiated and actual paid price, hope you understand that. Black book (don’t forget the tax credit on trade) and blue books are just guides... it all boils down to how aggressive you negotiate and market demand. I think I know who you got the car from, and that listing sat for over a year for a reason (no intended disrespect for seller). It’s “competitively priced” bc no one wants to buy it when they can acquire m3/m4, c63, atsv and the like for similar pricing WHILE have better performance. Let’s be honest here.. no one buy this class of cars for the interior or reliability. It’s all about performance and bragging rights within their circle of friends. For that reason the rcf is not a hot seller and depreciates quick dominated by supply and demand
Old 01-24-18, 05:08 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

No need to justify what you paid up north where is covered with snow.

There are many states in the US where they store cars for 5 months in the winter. How does that relate to resale value? It also applties to any RWD high horsepower car so what makes RCF unique here?

Whatever you paid should and will be less compared to Southern states where it can be driven year round. There is a fine difference of negotiated and actual paid price, hope you understand that. Black book (don’t forget the tax credit on trade) and blue books are just guides... it all boils down to how aggressive you negotiate and market demand

The original post was about list price. So, I am comparing apples to apples. If you want to talk about sale price, I negotiated on 3 different RCF last year that ended up selling for a bit more than what I was willing to offer.
​​​​​

I would be willing to get ripped off by paying more than what typically these cars sell for locally. How much do you rreckon I paid? You don't even know how much that was , yet you wrote on what "competitive pricing" means for me? Brand new MSRP was $93,000 so take a guess.

I had spoken to many dealership as serious buyer and saw the absolute rock bottom price where they were willing to sell (and eventually got it sold). It was much higher than what I ended up paying. I would never want to get ripped off since I did not finance my car nor did I lease my car. I paid hard cash for my car upfront knowing my income and investments supports an entire family. I did end up negotiating my car a few thousand less even after a few drops.

I think I know who you got the car from, and that listing sat for over a year for a reason (no intended disrespect for seller). It’s “competitively priced” bc no one wants to buy it when they can acquire m3/m4, c63, atsv and the like for similar pricing WHILE have better performance. Let’s be honest here.. no one buy this class of cars for the interior or reliability. It’s all about performance and bragging rights within their circle of friends. For that reason the rcf is not a hot seller and depreciates quick dominated by supply and demand

It is not the car you are thinking, clearly. My car was first put up for listing in July. I know that because I put a watch on it to monitor how the price drops. I even the automated email it sends from the listing sites. It is also much easier to measure depreciation here since we only get 2 trim levels. One with carbon fiber with 20 spoke wheels and the other without the carbon fiber/TVD and with the 10 split spoke

I think I know who you got the car from, and that listing sat for over a year for a reason (no intended disrespect for seller). It’s “competitively priced” bc no one wants to buy it when they can acquire m3/m4, c63, atsv and the like for similar pricing WHILE have better performance.

I had started my search in April of last year. There were a few performance package loaded RCFs that appeared (total of 12 in Edmonton/Calgary) last summer. I waited for the price to drop after talking to dealership since they were not willing to entertain my offer. Those were all higher mileage RCF than the one I ended up getting and sold for much higher price than what I paid.

It also depends on perspective. I could just as easily argue, most people do not want an expensive performance car that can only go fast in a straight line and cannot even turn to get out of its own way while having the build quality of a low rent $20,000 car. If I truly was looking for the best performance in the used market, I would go get the used Nissan GTR for what I paid.

Herre is a listing that just appeared in last 1 month and I paid less than any of these in a private sale.

This performance package loaded RCF is going for $63,9995 (all options brand new PP RCF with 20 spoke wheels MSRP is $93,000 brand new).

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/lexus/rc%20f/barrie/ontario/5_35205307_on20071217114805890/?showcpo=ShowCpo&orup=4_12_12&pc=M5E%201W5&sprx=100

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/lexus/rc%20f/georgetown/ontario/5_36771388_on20080206114620836/?showcpo=ShowCpo&orup=5_12_12&pc=M5E%201W5&sprx=100

For comparison, this is the asking price for a used 2015 BMW M4

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/bmw/m/calgary/alberta/5_36963202_20041124134452706/?showcpo=ShowCpo&orup=40_15_58&pc=T3K%200P1&sprx=100

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 01-25-18 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-24-18, 07:02 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

For me at the end of the day....... It only matters to me as follows (and nobody else):

1. Do I like my RCF for what it is? YES!!

2. THE RCF is worth a lot less now versus when I got it? YES!!

3. Now go back to question #1. My answer is still YES!!

4. Are there others cars FASTER, LIGHTER, OR WHATEVER? Of course!! I STILL like my RCF!!!

NOW even BETTER with the BORLA EXHAUST!!! 😁😁😁😁😁

And your point is? I am not justifying especially when you challenged my post. There are many states in the US where they store cars for 5 months in the winter. How does that relate to resale value? It also applties to any RWD high horsepower car so what makes RCF unique here?

The original post was about list price. So, I am comparing apples to apples. If you want to talk about sale price, I negotiated on 3 different RCF last year that ended up selling for a bit more than what I was willing to offer.
​​​​​

It is an ignorant statement to think I would be willing to get ripped off by paying more than what typically these cars sell for locally. How much do you rreckon I paid? You don't even know how much that was , yet you wrote on what "competitive pricing" means for me? Brand new MSRP was $93,000 so take a guess.

You have a clear bias against it by turning the whole argument against me. I had spoken to many dealership as serious buyer and saw the absolute rock bottom price where they were willing to sell (and eventually got it sold). It was much higher than what I ended up paying. I would never want to get ripped off since I did not finance my car nor did I lease my car. I paid hard cash for my car upfront knowing my income and investments supports an entire family. I did end up negotiating my car a few thousand less even after a few drops.

You are clueless. It is not the car you are thinking, clearly. My car was first put up for listing in July. I know that because I put a watch on it to monitor how the price drops. I even the automated email it sends from the listing sites. It is also much easier to measure depreciation here since we only get 2 trim levels. One with carbon fiber with 20 spoke wheels and the other without the carbon fiber/TVD and with the 10 split spoke

No one wants to buy it? I had started my search in April of last year. There were a few performance package loaded RCFs that appeared (total of 12 in Edmonton/Calgary) last summer. I waited for the price to drop after talking to dealership since they were not willing to entertain my offer. Those were all higher mileage RCF than the one I ended up getting and sold for much higher price than what I paid. Again, you are making guesses and ignorant statements to support your confirmation bias,

It also depends on perspective. I could just as easily argue, most people do not want an expensive performance car that can only go fast in a straight line and cannot even turn to get out of its own way while having the build quality of a low rent $20,000 car. If I truly was looking for the best performance in the used market, I would go get the used Nissan GTR for what I paid.

Herre is a listing that just appeared in last 1 month and I paid less than any of these in a private sale.

This performance package loaded RCF is going for $63,9995 (all options brand new PP RCF with 20 spoke wheels MSRP is $93,000 brand new).

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/lexus/rc%...201W5&sprx=100

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/lexus/rc%...201W5&sprx=100

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/bmw/m/cal...200P1&sprx=100
Old 01-24-18, 08:48 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

And your point is? I am not justifying especially when you challenged my post. There are many states in the US where they store cars for 5 months in the winter. How does that relate to resale value? It also applties to any RWD high horsepower car so what makes RCF unique here?

​​​​​

It is an ignorant statement to think I would be willing to get ripped off by paying more than what typically these cars sell for locally. How much do you rreckon I paid? You don't even know how much that was , yet you wrote on what "competitive pricing" means for me? Brand new MSRP was $93,000 so take a guess.

You have a clear bias against it by turning the whole argument against me. I had spoken to many dealership as serious buyer and saw the absolute rock bottom price where they were willing to sell (and eventually got it sold). It was much higher than what I ended up paying. I would never want to get ripped off since I did not finance my car nor did I lease my car. I paid hard cash for my car upfront knowing my income and investments supports an entire family. I did end up negotiating my car a few thousand less even after a few drops.

You are clueless. It is not the car you are thinking, clearly. My car was first put up for listing in July. I know that because I put a watch on it to monitor how the price drops. I even the automated email it sends from the listing sites. It is also much easier to measure depreciation here since we only get 2 trim levels. One with carbon fiber with 20 spoke wheels and the other without the carbon fiber/TVD and with the 10 split spoke

No one wants to buy it? I had started my search in April of last year. There were a few performance package loaded RCFs that appeared (total of 12 in Edmonton/Calgary) last summer. I waited for the price to drop after talking to dealership since they were not willing to entertain my offer. Those were all higher mileage RCF than the one I ended up getting and sold for much higher price than what I paid. Again, you are making guesses and ignorant statements to support your confirmation bias,

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/lexus/rc%20f/barrie/ontario/5_35205307_on20071217114805890/?showcpo=ShowCpo&orup=4_12_12&pc=M5E%201W5&sprx=100

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/lexus/rc%20f/georgetown/ontario/5_36771388_on20080206114620836/?showcpo=ShowCpo&orup=5_12_12&pc=M5E%201W5&sprx=100

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/bmw/m/calgary/alberta/5_36963202_20041124134452706/?showcpo=ShowCpo&orup=40_15_58&pc=T3K%200P1&sprx=100
Man! you sound angry...For the record, new RCF tops out at high $70s, not $93k. Unless you count some dealer add ons to rip off the idiots.Was that an direct attack towards my leased Hellcat that I acquired primarily for the 1/4 mile (sorry to disappoint, but where I live, there are zero turns)? The RCF is embarrassingly slow (most people can’t even break the 13s and is heavy like a boat thus cant turn either. Basically it cant do anything “well”. Do some turns in a M4 and get educated then come back talk to me. I know you blow your life saving on a used RCF and is passionate. But there is a limit and realism we owners have to face. Don’t forget I owned a NEW RCF and knows first hand about depreciation. P.S. I paid cash for it too..
Old 01-24-18, 09:00 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Man! you sound angry...For the record, new RCF tops out at high $70s, not $93k. Unless you count some dealer add ons to rip off the idiots.
Why would I compare US MSRP with Canadian used market values? Those listings are Canadian local listing to make it relevant for depreciation. I clearly talk about the two trim levels in Canada, Everything I write is 100% fact. The $93,000 was for the Canadian TVD/Carbon package RCF. You can price it out on Lexus.ca yourself. Used 2015s are selling for high-50s and low-60s here. Depreciation is consistent with what I have been saying.

I backed up everyone of my claims with facts. The listings clearly show where the Canadian market is, which is what I had stated above.

The RCF is embarrassingly slow (most people can’t even break the 13s
People cannot break 13s So 14s I take? I could post a few videos of stock RCFs that completely contradict that claim.

and is heavy like a boat thus cant turn either. Basically it cant do anything “well”.

RCF sure turns infinitely better than the Hellcat. That is iron clad. Lots of people praise its handling. The lap times speak volume despite the power difference. Randy Pobst lapped Streets of Willow in the RCF almost 3 seconds faster than the Charger Hellcat despite the 200 HP deficit.. Heck. even a measly 300 HP STi with Randy Pobst lapped same track quicker. Even a hellcat owner on his youtube channel driving the RCF said how much better it turns than his Hellcat.

Do some turns in a M4 and get educated then come back talk to me. I know you blow your life saving on a used RCF and is passionate. But there is a limit and realism we owners have to face. Don’t forget I owned a NEW RCF and knows first hand about depreciation. P.S. I paid cash for it too..
Yes, I have driven the M4 in an hour test drive so against you show how little you know about me. RCF was 3/10ths slower than the M4 on the same track where Hellcat was almost 3 seconds slower despite being 200 HP short with the same driver.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 01-25-18 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-25-18, 06:08 AM
CodyJames
Intermediate

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Show me other three year old performance vehicles with FORTY-FIVE THOUSAND miles selling for north of $40,000...
Old 01-25-18, 08:53 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Why would I compare US MSRP with Canadian used market values? Please explain. Those listings are Canadian local listing to make it relevant for depreciation. I clearly talk about the two trim levels in Canada, Everything I write is 100% fact. The $93,000 was for the Canadian TVD/Carbon package RCF. You can price it out on Lexus.ca yourself. Used 2015s are selling for high-50s and low-60s here. Depreciation is consistent with what I have been saying.

I backed up everyone of my claims with facts. The listings clearly show where the Canadian market is, which is what I had stated above before you start war of words with me.

OK, got it. Your perspective on RCF and your subjective opinions should matter while someone else writing so well known notions, is a 'direct attack'? LOL You trashing the RCF does not count as a direct attack? Hypocrisy at its best.

Seriously, how old are you? Are you like 21 or just immature to make a dumb personal line of attack like that? How much do you know about me? Maybe, try a little harder to make a bigger personal attack. Just because I spent my hard earned cash on my RCF, it automatically means you can make the assumption I blew everything on the car? It is not even worth dignifying with a response.LOL

People cannot break 13s So 14s I take? ROFL. Exaggerate much? You are not even trying to hide your bias. I could embarass you by posting a few videos of stock RCFs that completely contradict your claim, but with the level of hatred you display for the RCF, it is quite beyond the point since your intentions are very clear from your posts (whether you can see it or not, other people see those).

RCF sure turns infinitely better than the Hellcat. That is iron clad. Lots of people praise its handling. The lap times speak volume despite the power difference. Randy Pobst lapped Streets of Willow in the RCF almost 3 seconds faster than the Charger Hellcat despite the 200 HP deficit.. Heck. even a measly 300 HP STi with Randy Pobst lapped same track quicker. Even a hellcat owner on his youtube channel driving the RCF said how much better it turns than his Hellcat. What is your purpose of being on this board since you seem happy with your Hellcat and only display a pattern of trashing the RCF?

Yes, I have driven the M4 in an hour test drive so against you show how little you know about me. RCF was 3/10ths slower than the M4 on the same track where Hellcat was almost 3 seconds slower despite being 200 HP short with the same driver. You cannot have it both ways. Your credibility was in question already when you made assumptions and turned it personal against me. Nothing new here.
Thank you for providing good morning toilet material.

Please dont rice out the RCF and add to your signature. Thanks
Old 01-25-18, 11:56 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Typical emotional drivel. I guess, beefing up suspension, adding lighter weight wheels, flywheel, CAI, exhaust etc now qualifies for being 'riced out' now? Maybe, rather than your emotional drivel, for once talk objectively and rationally back something up and tell me exactly which part in my signature screams 'riced out'. Just want to see how far would you go in insulting my intelligence.

I asked you a serious question on how old are you or have just the maturity level of a 19 year old? I am still waiting to figure that out.

I could make several personal attacks on you as well (believe me, lots of material), but as usual I have refrained from that.

When you cannot rationally and objectively argue something (and have been stood corrected on many items), just resort to personal attacks. LOL
That’s it? No more content? I’m not quite done with my noon **** yet
Old 01-25-18, 12:58 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

ahahhaahha, so much drama in RCF threads lolz, its like watching Korean dramas series :P ahahahha
Old 01-25-18, 02:23 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Why not look at yourself? Rationally, when one person makes a claim, he usually has the facts to back them up. Others resort to hurling insults because they cannot answer those. You are the latter.

I have been waiting to see what the next insult or personal attack is or how RCF is the worst car ever to have come into existence? Or how RCF lost a race against a scooter? Since you said I blew all of my life savings on RCF, what else do you know? You know about the ponzi scheme I run? LOL
Come on... let it all out... spill your soul to me snowflake
Old 01-25-18, 05:14 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF4life
ahahhaahha, so much drama in RCF threads lolz, its like watching Korean dramas series :P ahahahha

lol.

but in all seriousness, the price point of the rc-f, there are many good options. everyone will have their favorite.

Quick Reply: RC-F now under $40k