RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

And....Ka-BOOM

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-18, 12:37 PM
SkyPara82
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Default And....Ka-BOOM

So there I was, minding my own business and cruising to work a few days ago when a very distracted female driver, doing something closely resembling what the woman in the picture is doing, decided to try a physics experiment: She wondered "can two pieces of matter occupy the same exact space?" After the resounding thud of a side by side collision, her conclusion was no, it cannot. A conversation with the Sheriff's Deputy and USAA helped her to understand that fact. Now mind you, it might have been my fault (implied by her) because she didn't notice the black RC F driving next to her in broad daylight. Hadn't checked the mirror to see this interesting looking black vehicle approaching in the lane next to her with DRLs on. That wasn't important. What was important was whatever shenanigans she was up to in the Tahoe that caused a hard drift over into my lane. Shame on me for being there. Even as heavy as the RC F is it wasn't a fair fight - the Tahoe's knockout punch pushed me across the road into oncoming traffic. The good news is there was no oncoming traffic. The car's in surgery now to assess damage. Last tally was just north of $10K of mostly superficial damage all along the passenger side, corner of bumper, wheel scuffs, and front tie rods hosed. Tons of distracted drivers - keep your heads on a swivel out there folks! Final Score: Chevy Tahoe - 1 Lexus RC F - 0.
The following 2 users liked this post by SkyPara82:
ba2sy (01-22-18), finny76 (01-21-18)
Old 01-19-18, 12:46 PM
Deanrcf
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Sorry to hear that, bro

I have USAA too and they will definitely go after her. I had something similar happen to me in my daily driven FX. She was in a new Lexus RX. We barely touched. In fact, I thought it was a near collision until I got to my destination and saw some paint transfer. I called it in and got a report number. She had already gotten my license plate and called USAA and reported a hit and run. USAA stood by me through this and I have no idea what they did, but she wound up confessing to being in the wrong. Good luck!

Edit. FYI. Kaboom in a forum like this usually means your engine has gone. Heard this many times from my boosted G35/350Z days
The following users liked this post:
ba2sy (01-22-18)
Old 01-19-18, 12:51 PM
SkyPara82
Driver

Talking

Originally Posted by Deanrcf
Sorry to hear that, bro

I have USAA too and they will definitely go after her. I had something similar happen to me in my daily driven FX. She was in a new Lexus RX. We barely touched. In fact, I thought it was a near collision until I got to my destination and saw some paint transfer. I called it in and got a report number. She had already gotten my license plate and called USAA and reported a hit and run. USAA stood by me through this and I have no idea what they did, but she wound up confessing to being in the wrong. Good luck!

Edit. FYI. Kaboom in a forum like this usually means your engine has gone. Heard this many times from my boosted G35/350Z days
LOL, engine is good to go. It was my head that almost exploded. You know the drill...that feeling you got when you saw the paint transfer. High probability in today's commuting environment but I just bought the shiny new car with 6 miles on it late July. Couldn't make it full year. I have USAA as well and her story didn't exactly match up with the facts.
Old 01-19-18, 01:49 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Sorry to hear man..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 01-19-18, 02:47 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

If you weren't in the lane next to her, there wouldn't be an accident. She has the right of going into all lanes while applying her make up. Hahaha
Old 01-20-18, 08:54 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

That sucks! Good luck.
Old 01-20-18, 09:03 AM
Pacman9270
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad to hear no one got hurt. Hopefully she pays what she's supposed to pay. Not cool.
Old 01-20-18, 09:23 AM
RCjets
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry for your loss. Hopefully she will be held accountable with no hassles. Does Texas have any distracted driving laws? Your insurance company (lawyers) can subpoena her phone records to verify if she was on phone or texting. State Farm went thru that to prove my case here in Illinois where there are laws against hand held cell phone use or texting while driving.
Old 01-20-18, 09:29 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Sorry to hear about your collision.

Did you have a dash cam? These days with distracted driver's, you need to get a dash cam with dual cameras (forward and rear facing).

Originally Posted by SkyPara82

So there I was, minding my own business and cruising to work a few days ago when a very distracted female driver, doing something closely resembling what the woman in the picture is doing, decided to try a physics experiment: She wondered "can two pieces of matter occupy the same exact space?" After the resounding thud of a side by side collision, her conclusion was no, it cannot. A conversation with the Sheriff's Deputy and USAA helped her to understand that fact. Now mind you, it might have been my fault (implied by her) because she didn't notice the black RC F driving next to her in broad daylight. Hadn't checked the mirror to see this interesting looking black vehicle approaching in the lane next to her with DRLs on. That wasn't important. What was important was whatever shenanigans she was up to in the Tahoe that caused a hard drift over into my lane. Shame on me for being there. Even as heavy as the RC F is it wasn't a fair fight - the Tahoe's knockout punch pushed me across the road into oncoming traffic. The good news is there was no oncoming traffic. The car's in surgery now to assess damage. Last tally was just north of $10K of mostly superficial damage all along the passenger side, corner of bumper, wheel scuffs, and front tie rods hosed. Tons of distracted drivers - keep your heads on a swivel out there folks! Final Score: Chevy Tahoe - 1 Lexus RC F - 0.
Old 01-20-18, 09:29 AM
SkyPara82
Driver

Originally Posted by yooniverse
If you weren't in the lane next to her, there wouldn't be an accident. She has the right of going into all lanes while applying her make up. Hahaha
Hilarious! That seemed to be her mindset..."like, where did you come from??? Like OMG, you made me smear my mascara!"
Old 01-20-18, 09:30 AM
SkyPara82
Driver

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Sorry to hear about your collision.

Did you have a dash cam? These days with distracted driver's, you need to get a dash cam with dual cameras (forward and rear facing).
No dash cam...worth considering though!
Old 01-20-18, 09:31 AM
SkyPara82
Driver

Originally Posted by RCjets
Sorry for your loss. Hopefully she will be held accountable with no hassles. Does Texas have any distracted driving laws? Your insurance company (lawyers) can subpoena her phone records to verify if she was on phone or texting. State Farm went thru that to prove my case here in Illinois where there are laws against hand held cell phone use or texting while driving.
Hmmm....I like how you think! I may light a fire under my adjuster's butt!
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (01-21-18)
Old 01-21-18, 12:51 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Talking

Man that sucks... I got a good laugh reading how you described it, although I would have used a lot of different words, most of which start with an F, B, C, W etc....

Anyhow on a side note... My RCF also got hit, however it was in the Parking lot by some idiot who thought she wasnt to close and could get her car in the parking space without scraping my entire read left Quarter panel. My car was in the repair show for almost 40+ days... Nightmare!

Last edited by finny76; 01-22-18 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-21-18, 02:34 PM
Apaul
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

No dash cam...worth considering though!
sorry to hear bro. Went thru something similar. Have 2 channel dash cam from thinkware with celllink b battery. Its a good investment even when parked. Blackboxmycar is where i got mines but research.
Old 01-22-18, 06:04 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Sucks to hear Glad you are okay. I pray they get it looking pristine and no issues dealing with insurance.