Invidia Q300 or Borla Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-18, 11:01 PM
raneyboo
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Invidia Q300 or Borla Exhaust

Hello All!

I've recently picked up a 2015 Lexus RC F Infrared and already looking forward to some modifications. Specifically an exhaust system to begin with. I've been researching for the past two weeks and the Invidia Q300 & Borla are the two options with great sound and within my price range. I am fascinated with the sound of the Borla, although do not like the muffler tip. I like the sound of the Invidia and the muffler tip is much more appealing than the Borla. Sounds like there isn't much droning between the two. I wanted to get some more input and recommendations before pulling the trigger.

Thank in advance!

Jay
Old 01-12-18, 12:43 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Borla ALL THE WAY!!!

I have Borla and absolutely love it. It sounds very mean!!!
BORLA below:
These are not my videos, but from YouTube....

Invidia sounded weak!!
The last one in the tunnel with Invidia,.....,..you should still be able to hear the RCF, but you don't anymore. In a tunnel, all sounds are amplified, but after about 8 seconds into the run, you don't hear much anymore!!!

Originally Posted by raneyboo
Hello All!

I've recently picked up a 2015 Lexus RC F Infrared and already looking forward to some modifications. Specifically an exhaust system to begin with. I've been researching for the past two weeks and the Invidia Q300 & Borla are the two options with great sound and within my price range. I am fascinated with the sound of the Borla, although do not like the muffler tip. I like the sound of the Invidia and the muffler tip is much more appealing than the Borla. Sounds like there isn't much droning between the two. I wanted to get some more input and recommendations before pulling the trigger.

Thank in advance!

Jay

Last edited by lexusrus; 01-12-18 at 01:11 AM.
The following users liked this post:
raneyboo (01-12-18)
Old 01-12-18, 10:01 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

^ Happy customer. He loves the Borla.

Got both in stock ready for you Raney.

All the Invidia customers usually keep to themselves about the Invidia, don't praise it as much. It is louder than stock but on the quieter side.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
raneyboo (01-12-18)
Old 01-12-18, 11:42 AM
raneyboo
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Borla ALL THE WAY!!!

I have Borla and absolutely love it. It sounds very mean!!!
BORLA below:
These are not my videos, but from YouTube....

https://youtu.be/P2N6PZbTB6k
https://youtu.be/quVu6eGeW_Q
https://youtu.be/5LYCcJUCa2E

Invidia sounded weak!!
https://youtu.be/6EtYpfk-nHU
https://youtu.be/IAwqzX44ZAE
https://youtu.be/mownsejyghU
The last one in the tunnel with Invidia,.....,..you should still be able to hear the RCF, but you don't anymore. In a tunnel, all sounds are amplified, but after about 8 seconds into the run, you don't hear much anymore!!!
Thanks for the feedback Lexusrus! You've got me leaning more towards the Borla now! I just need that muffler tip modified lol!
Old 01-14-18, 05:09 AM
pakeeno
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The borla is great. Here's the dyno run with just the Borla Catback S-type. Zero drone in the cabin cruising and screams WOT.
Old 01-14-18, 06:34 AM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

I've owned my Invidia for over a year now with no complaints. Great sound! No drone, very civil under normal driving with a very low tone. Step on the throttle and she comes to life. My RCF is USB so I got the blue burnt tips to match and love the look!
The following 2 users liked this post by Kramer:
nigel821 (11-25-20), raneyboo (01-14-18)
Old 01-14-18, 11:47 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by Kramer
I've owned my Invidia for over a year now with no complaints. Great sound! No drone, very civil under normal driving with a very low tone. Step on the throttle and she comes to life. My RCF is USB so I got the blue burnt tips to match and love the look!
Thanks. Can you still hear the exhaust at high rpm? I mean, some exhausts are audible at idle or mid-range, but seem to disappear once the induction noise takes over at high rpms?
Old 01-14-18, 01:34 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

I can tell FOR SURE that I DON'T HEAR THAT FAKE INDUCTION NOISE piped in from the engine compartment ANYMORE after my Borla exhaust system install.

The Borla exhaust system sound gets louder and louder as you rev up to redline. Then as you let of the gas it crackles and pops.

ALL I hear at HIGH RPM IS THE BORLA!!!!

Last night I pulled into a busy gas station at slow speed. Everyone at the gas pumps just started looking at my RCF as I was pulling in. I was at parking lot speeds and essentially was just idling as I waited for my turn at the pump. Even at idle, you can hear the V8 deep rumble. A couple people approached my RCF and started asking if it is true that this has a V8 engine. I said YES, for sure as I reved the engine........THE BORLA EXHAUST really came to live!!! The Borla made crackles and pops sounds each time as I let off the gas paddle. The first time it crackled and popped I saw one guy ducked for cover as he thought someone was sh@@ting!!! It was EPIC!! LOL.

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Thanks. Can you still hear the exhaust at high rpm? I mean, some exhausts are audible at idle or mid-range, but seem to disappear once the induction noise takes over at high rpms?

Last edited by lexusrus; 01-14-18 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-14-18, 02:47 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

I can tell FOR SURE that I DON'T HEAR THAT FAKE INDUCTION NOISE piped in from the engine compartment ANYMORE after my Borla exhaust system install.

The Borla exhaust system sound gets louder and louder as you rev up to redline. Then as you let of the gas it crackles and pops.

ALL I hear at HIGH RPM IS THE BORLA!!!!

Last night I pulled into a busy gas station at slow speed. Everyone at the gas pumps just started looking at my RCF as I was pulling in. I was at parking lot speeds and essentially was just idling as I waited for my turn at the pump. Even at idle, you can hear the V8 deep rumble. A couple people approached my RCF and started asking if it is true that this has a V8 engine. I said YES, for sure as I reved the engine........THE BORLA EXHAUST really came to live!!! The Borla made crackles and pops sounds each time as I let off the gas paddle. The first time it crackled and popped I saw one guy ducked for cover as he thought someone was sh@@ting!!! It was EPIC!! LOL.
Thanks. Borla does sound great. My only issue with Borla is the look. I wish they could change the design on the tips. Invidia looks great especially with the blue tips.
Old 01-14-18, 09:55 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

I wonder how the "blue tips" look like a year from now? Two year, three years?

Also Borla tips are not bad at all. Of course it's all subjective. The surface of the Borla mufflers and it's tips are not "reflective shine" as in the Invidia mufflers. The Borla mufflers (the part you can see if you are standing behind the RCF) are "darkened" from the factory which is a nice touch just like the RCF OEM mufflers.

BTW, if you like blue tips, this can be added on to the Borla. Even "oval blue tips" from after market, if you really want them. There is no limit on what you can do. The limit, of course is time, budget, and how much you are willing to spend.

Thanks. Borla does sound great. My only issue with Borla is the look. I wish they could change the design on the tips. Invidia looks great especially with the blue tips.
Old 01-14-18, 11:35 PM
raneyboo
Driver School Candidate

Question

Agreed. I love the sound! Although, the design and look of the muffler/tips just don't do it for me. I love the Invidia exhaust look overall and sound is still impressive. I received an e-mail from RR-Racing, stating they are working on a custom muffler tip on the Borla exhaust system within the next month. I am interested on the release.
Old 01-17-18, 03:02 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

This is with PPE headers with Invidia exhaust.
Old 01-17-18, 03:04 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by yooniverse
This is with PPE headers with Invidia exhaust.
I went with Invidia only because of cosmetic reasons. I personally think Borla sounds way better IMO.
raneyboo (01-17-18)
Old 01-17-18, 04:05 PM
raneyboo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yooniverse
I went with Invidia only because of cosmetic reasons. I personally think Borla sounds way better IMO.
Sounds great with the PPE headers! I do agree the Invidia muffler tip looks awesome > the Borla. I just received an update from Simon over at RR-Racing and it looks like they will be releasing their version of the Borla with variable mufflers and remote valve control. They also updated the muffler tip with full carbon fiber housing. It looks awesome and I am waiting on the finishing product. Thank you for the share!

Old 01-18-18, 06:52 AM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

My blue tips are still just as blue as they were when I pulled it out of the package. You just have to be careful with certain "detergents" that may be used when cleaning your car. Invidia does "warn" you of this. Mine still look great!
I wonder how the "blue tips" look like a year from now? Two year, three years?

Also Borla tips are not bad at all. Of course it's all subjective. The surface of the Borla mufflers and it's tips are not "reflective shine" as in the Invidia mufflers. The Borla mufflers (the part you can see if you are standing behind the RCF) are "darkened" from the factory which is a nice touch just like the RCF OEM mufflers.

BTW, if you like blue tips, this can be added on to the Borla. Even "oval blue tips" from after market, if you really want them. There is no limit on what you can do. The limit, of course is time, budget, and how much you are willing to spend.

Quick Reply: Invidia Q300 or Borla Exhaust