RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Exhaust : ARH OR BORLA

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-18, 07:58 PM
GOT8SPD
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Exhaust : ARH OR BORLA

What do you guys think? I need some opinions on sound.. There isn't enough sound clips of ARH.. they claim some pretty high power gains.. but I have heard borla sounds better. Someone please chime in, or post sound clips so I can decode which to buy!!
Old 01-01-18, 10:05 PM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

You're lucky, I have had both setup on my car and here is my personal opinion on each.

Borla: This is a GREAT sounding exhaust. One of the best sounding exhaust I have heard especially for that price range. GtHAUS and Novel may sound better but, in my honest opinion, not worth the extra monies. I have received so many compliments on this exhaust and drove with it for over 25K miles. Startup has a little pop and sounds good - not too loud but a lot more aggressive than stock. Once it quiets down, driving normally, you won't notice. You can have conversations perfectly fine. When you get on it, it sounds amazing especially all the upshifts. Something about the car and this exhaust makes music when you get on it.

ARH: I took off the Borla and installed ARH LongTube Headers and their full exhaust (with cats and resonators). Very muted. The Borla sounded louder than this combination. I instantly regretted putting on the resonators and took them off within 15 minute of driving the car. ARH without resonators definitely sounds better but still nothing like the Borla and this is with the long tube headers!

Current Setup: I sold the ARH exhaust system to a fellow Houstonian and he really enjoys the sound. My setup now consist of ARH Long Tube Headers + Custom Midpipe (Magnaflow X-pipe + Custom 3" piping) + Borla axleback. Yes folks, I went back to Borla and now this car is crazy loud. No resonators and the car just screams. A few friends told me the car sounded like a Corvette Z06. I'll have video, but it's hard to capture that sound unless in person.

My recommendation: Borla, it's the best exhaust for that price range. Sikky + Borla combination also sounds great.
The following users liked this post:
Meraki Autoworks (01-02-18)
Old 01-02-18, 12:07 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Love my Borla. Great sound and nominal gains. But who is dynoing daily?? Every Borla RCF turn heads.
Old 01-02-18, 12:42 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Contact us for the Borla! Start your new year off right

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 01-02-18, 07:25 AM
08sgmis350
Advanced

Received 182 Likes on 73 Posts

I don't own ARH but I have borla and it sounds really good. I recorded video of it starting and revving a little.

I'll post video of it today~
Old 01-02-18, 10:32 AM
jhsfp21
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't heard the ARH in person. But I ended up with the Borla and I love the sound!
Old 01-02-18, 02:51 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Lately I have been driving our family RV with a Ford 6.2 liter V10 gas engine for a week on vacation. While this Ford V10 makes SOME noise, but I'm ready to get back to my RCF with Borla!!!

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks

-Josh
Meraki Autoworks (01-02-18)
Old 01-02-18, 05:17 PM
Apaul
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Borla for sure. Its perfect. Loud but not annoying loud. I just wish it had the crackle pop sound like the f type svr or amg gtr
Old 01-02-18, 07:02 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

There is another GREAT choice! The PPE Dual Mode Exhaust

Lou
Old 01-02-18, 08:03 PM
GOT8SPD
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
You're lucky, I have had both setup on my car and here is my personal opinion on each.

Borla: This is a GREAT sounding exhaust. One of the best sounding exhaust I have heard especially for that price range. GtHAUS and Novel may sound better but, in my honest opinion, not worth the extra monies. I have received so many compliments on this exhaust and drove with it for over 25K miles. Startup has a little pop and sounds good - not too loud but a lot more aggressive than stock. Once it quiets down, driving normally, you won't notice. You can have conversations perfectly fine. When you get on it, it sounds amazing especially all the upshifts. Something about the car and this exhaust makes music when you get on it.

ARH: I took off the Borla and installed ARH LongTube Headers and their full exhaust (with cats and resonators). Very muted. The Borla sounded louder than this combination. I instantly regretted putting on the resonators and took them off within 15 minute of driving the car. ARH without resonators definitely sounds better but still nothing like the Borla and this is with the long tube headers!

Current Setup: I sold the ARH exhaust system to a fellow Houstonian and he really enjoys the sound. My setup now consist of ARH Long Tube Headers + Custom Midpipe (Magnaflow X-pipe + Custom 3" piping) + Borla axleback. Yes folks, I went back to Borla and now this car is crazy loud. No resonators and the car just screams. A few friends told me the car sounded like a Corvette Z06. I'll have video, but it's hard to capture that sound unless in person.

My recommendation: Borla, it's the best exhaust for that price range. Sikky + Borla combination also sounds great.
That​​​​​​ sounds like a sickk setup!!! How difficult is it to do the custom midpipe? Thanks for your feedback man, post some vids for us to hear!!!

Last edited by lobuxracer; 01-04-18 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-03-18, 06:44 AM
08sgmis350
Advanced

Received 182 Likes on 73 Posts

Here is Borla catback.

start up:

after warm up:

nbprestige (02-28-18)
Old 01-03-18, 07:51 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Borla pops and crackles, but not to the extent you are referring to. I test drove the Jaguar and the AMG, but reliability was not there for me.

Originally Posted by Apaul
Borla for sure. Its perfect. Loud but not annoying loud. I just wish it had the crackle pop sound like the f type svr or amg gtr
Old 01-03-18, 06:05 PM
msp1055
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been looking, based on that sound clip, Borla it is. Thanks...
Old 01-04-18, 09:04 AM
SkyPara82
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks

-Josh
Any chance that the Borla can be ordered with black chrome tips (like the Corsa Xtreme black chrome), gloss black, or with carbon sleeves?
Old 01-04-18, 09:57 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

^^^^PPE Dual Mode is available with black tips.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust : ARH OR BORLA-tinygrab-screen-shot-1-4-18-10.56.14-am.png  

Quick Reply: Exhaust : ARH OR BORLA