RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Bought a Hellcat...will miss this forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-17, 11:43 AM
OURISF
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Bought a Hellcat...will miss this forum

Hey everyone I bought a 2017 Hellcat. However, I have to say the couple of months on here talking about the RCF has been a lot of fun but I want to get serious about 1/2 mile racing. Now I don't have an unlimited budget but when I did the math of trying to get the RCF to run the 1/2 mile anywhere even near a stock Hellcat I struggled...much less a modified Hellcat. I loved my RCF and it was a great car but this Hellcat is whole nother story. But I have to tell you in the first week it has been a joy to daily drive believe it or not. It is very refined for what I thought a Dodge would be...but that may not last with me 1/2 mile racing???

Good luck with your cars and maybe I will see you at a 1/2 mile event soon!

Here is the beast:
2017 Hellcat
Octane Red (Carbon fiber stripes) / Black Napa leather
A8 Transmission
2017 new 5 spoke wheels (Light and forged)
Red Brembo brakes

Bought a Hellcat...will miss this forum-edmark_hc_1.jpgBought a Hellcat...will miss this forum-edmark_hc_2.jpg
The following 2 users liked this post by OURISF:
and3re (11-16-17), GunnyFitz (03-19-18)
Old 11-16-17, 12:39 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by OURISF
Hey everyone I bought a 2017 Hellcat. However, I have to say the couple of months on here talking about the RCF has been a lot of fun but I want to get serious about 1/2 mile racing. Now I don't have an unlimited budget but when I did the math of trying to get the RCF to run the 1/2 mile anywhere even near a stock Hellcat I struggled...much less a modified Hellcat. I loved my RCF and it was a great car but this Hellcat is whole nother story. But I have to tell you in the first week it has been a joy to daily drive believe it or not. It is very refined for what I thought a Dodge would be...but that may not last with me 1/2 mile racing???

Here is the beast:
2017 Hellcat
A8 Transmission
Red Brembo brakes

Attachment 469946Attachment 469947
Looks sharp!

Enjoy.
Old 11-16-17, 01:00 PM
yooniverse
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Here is the beast:
2017 Hellcat
A8 Transmission
Red Brembo brakes

If you were serious about the 1/2 mile, you should of got a GTR
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (03-06-18)
Old 11-16-17, 01:04 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Congrats! Nice ride. I love half mile racing too, but the thought of spending that much on a Dodge is what I would struggle with. They are a helluva lot faster!
Old 11-16-17, 01:07 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by yooniverse
stock GTRs only trap 10mph faster than the RCF at 145.....now a built or tuned one is a different story! Hellcats were trapping faster than GTRs last time I went....
Old 11-16-17, 01:30 PM
OURISF
Driver

Originally Posted by mr2dave
Looks sharp!

Enjoy.
Thanks...part of why I went for this color...too me it just makes the Challenger look a little sharper than the other colors...IMHO

Originally Posted by yooniverse
I owned a GTR and they are really fast cars from a dig...SUCK as daily drivers...and the Hellcat will be easier and less expensive to modify. I think they are close in the 1/2 mile and mile depending on mods. Plus the Hellcat was $40K cheaper...like I said I do not have an unlimited budget

Originally Posted by Kramer
stock GTRs only trap 10mph faster than the RCF at 145.....now a built or tuned one is a different story! Hellcats were trapping faster than GTRs last time I went....
Good point...I researched this pretty good and thought this was the best route to go...also I did not buy this soley to 1/2 mile but that is my aspirations for the car versus 1/4 mile and track events...just my thing!!!
Old 11-16-17, 02:38 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Noooo you left.

Let me know what you need for that Hellcat.. Lot cheaper than the titanium Tom's parts.. LOL.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 11-16-17, 03:03 PM
OURISF
Driver

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Noooo you left.

Let me know what you need for that Hellcat.. Lot cheaper than the titanium Tom's parts.. LOL.

-Josh
LMAO...but you are right. I just hope the parts hold up as well as TOMS!
Old 11-16-17, 03:12 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Looks good, I think the Hellcats are badass but I wouldn't trade my RC-F for one, doesn't matter how much faster it is. In your case since you want to do racing, it's probably one of the best choices you got out there, specially for the price and what you get for it. Congrats and enjoy it
Old 11-16-17, 03:17 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Should have got the demon instead
Old 11-16-17, 03:26 PM
OURISF
Driver

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
Looks good, I think the Hellcats are badass but I wouldn't trade my RC-F for one, doesn't matter how much faster it is. In your case since you want to do racing, it's probably one of the best choices you got out there, specially for the price and what you get for it. Congrats and enjoy it
Thanks man and I offered the RCF to my WIfe but she loves her SUV and sitting up high when driving...I was like DANG! I could have had two bad *** cars
Old 11-16-17, 03:27 PM
OURISF
Driver

Originally Posted by ISF4life
Should have got the demon instead
Mainly a 1/4 mile car and not any good for daily driving. Also top speed is only 161mph...Hellcat top speed is 200mph...They might be close in 1/2 mile but in the Mile stock Hellcats are going at least 170mph.
Old 11-16-17, 04:07 PM
BossMoss
Pole Position

Received 129 Likes on 75 Posts

Here is the beast:
2017 Hellcat
A8 Transmission
Red Brembo brakes

Congrats! It looks good. I considered a hellcat before I got my RC-F. I do miss the raw torque that my previous Viper had - but overall loving my RC-F. Hope to see you around AZ.
Old 11-16-17, 04:12 PM
OURISF
Driver

Originally Posted by BossMoss
Congrats! It looks good. I considered a hellcat before I got my RC-F. I do miss the raw torque that my previous Viper had - but overall loving my RC-F. Hope to see you around AZ.
Thanks man and heck yeah hope to see you around...I will be going to No Fly Zone in Gila Bend December 16th. I won't be able to run my Hellcat yet though as it has a 1,500 mile break-in and I seriously doubt I will be there by then. Will be out of town a lot between now and then so won't be able to drive much. Also registration was last weekend so I may have missed it anyway. I am still going to go and maybe talk to a few Hellcat people to see what they are doing and see what kinds of speeds they hit there.

Are you still thinking about going? Hope so and if so see you there!
Old 11-16-17, 04:20 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

LMAO...but you are right. I just hope the parts hold up as well as TOMS!
Its okay, you can go through 5 exhausts for the Hellcat before going through the price of one TOMS lol

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: Bought a Hellcat...will miss this forum