Need red rcf interior. Help me

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-17, 08:34 AM
Apaul
Driver

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Need red rcf interior. Help me

Hey what's up guys,

I have a white RCF with black interior cuz I picked performance package and ML over red interior but anyways now I reallllly want red interior.

Can someone suggest a upholstery place that can do the RCF seats red in NY?
OR
Can I go to dealer and have them swap the leather cover to red? Idk if that's possible but just asking.

Please help
Old 10-21-17, 10:10 AM
kizzzm
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As a former tech at a dealer, you can probably have the dealer install the leathers on the seat. You'd have to order all new leathers and that'll be pretty costly. Then you'd also have to order the trims on the door and console. Might not be the most cost effect way. I doubt they'll just swap seats from an RC F with red interior.
Old 10-21-17, 10:19 AM
Apaul
Driver

Originally Posted by kizzzm
As a former tech at a dealer, you can probably have the dealer install the leathers on the seat. You'd have to order all new leathers and that'll be pretty costly. Then you'd also have to order the trims on the door and console. Might not be the most cost effect way. I doubt they'll just swap seats from an RC F with red interior.
yea I see you point. So upholstery shop is the way to go? That was my first choice but I just don't know any good upholstery shop. Thank you for the response though!
Old 10-21-17, 10:39 AM
Ricardorc
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default eBay!

Hey man
I found all the interior parts in red for you on ebay
pretty pricy though
look ip
list number 362092587101
Old 10-21-17, 11:46 AM
Apaul
Driver

Originally Posted by Ricardorc
Hey man
I found all the interior parts in red for you on ebay
pretty pricy though
look ip
list number 362092587101
hey bro I really appreciate the help. Only thing, that seating is from a car in accident where air bags deployed. The seats are ripped through. I saw those before too.
Old 10-21-17, 03:05 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

you didn't think of that before you bought your car?
Old 10-22-17, 04:03 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Probably cheaper and less headaches just to sell your current car and get another one to your specs?

Originally Posted by Apaul
Hey what's up guys,

I have a white RCF with black interior cuz I picked performance package and ML over red interior but anyways now I reallllly want red interior.

Can someone suggest a upholstery place that can do the RCF seats red in NY?
OR
Can I go to dealer and have them swap the leather cover to red? Idk if that's possible but just asking.

Please help
Old 10-22-17, 04:41 AM
Apaul
Driver

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Probably cheaper and less headaches just to sell your current car and get another one to your specs?
your right but too many mods here and there to remove and sell car and get another lol
I'll keep searching for a good upholstery place and lets see
Old 10-22-17, 05:50 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm going to save you some time and tell you that it will be totally impossible. RCF seats utilize a Foam In Place method where urethane foam is injected directly into seat covers.

Good luck anyway.
Attached Files
Old 10-22-17, 07:22 AM
Apaul
Driver

Originally Posted by lexusnutt
I'm going to save you some time and tell you that it will be totally impossible. RCF seats utilize a Foam In Place method where urethane foam is injected directly into seat covers.

Good luck anyway.
danggggg lol quick question though. So a upholstery place can't do brand new seats either? If not possible I guess I'll keep it as is and buy a nx with red interior for snow days lmao
thank you for that info though. Never knew
Old 10-22-17, 07:50 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Maybe get a custom shop to do a seat cover? But can it be done so that you don't feel the new seat cover "sliding" on the OEM seat cover? How about the side air bag on the seat? IDK, there are too many obstacles.

I guess with enough patience, money and time......you can do it. The question is:. Is this what you want and is it worth all the efforts? Only you know.

Originally Posted by lexusnutt

Good luck anyway.
Old 10-22-17, 08:09 AM
Apaul
Driver

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Maybe get a custom shop to do a seat cover? But can it be done so that you don't feel the new seat cover "sliding" on the OEM seat cover? How about the side air bag on the seat? IDK, there are too many obstacles.

I guess with enough patience, money and time......you can do it. The question is:. Is this what you want and is it worth all the efforts? Only you know.
yea bro I'll see. Mb not the trouble. I really appreciate your advice though. Thank you again!
Old 10-22-17, 08:10 AM
Apaul
Driver

Originally Posted by shadow1118
you didn't think of that before you bought your car?
lmao I did but I wanted perf package and ml more at that time. It's okay. I'll figure something out. I just wanted name of a good auto upholstery place.
Old 10-22-17, 11:49 AM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey man,

I have Gray/Red combo and would still do unreasonable things to have a USB sometimes. I could've wrapped the car or repainted but that money went to ceramic pro + xpel clear bra.

IMHO, it's not worth doing anything drastic to switch the color of the exterior or interior. I'm gonna ride it out and when I'm done with the car and another USB Lexus or YMB m3 becomes an option I'll do it after I've fully enjoyed what I have now.

Unless you live in a state where trade in value reduces the tax you'll pay on your purchase, I suggest you don't waste money.
Old 10-22-17, 01:20 PM
Apaul
Driver

Originally Posted by Kerune
Hey man,

I have Gray/Red combo and would still do unreasonable things to have a USB sometimes. I could've wrapped the car or repainted but that money went to ceramic pro + xpel clear bra.

IMHO, it's not worth doing anything drastic to switch the color of the exterior or interior. I'm gonna ride it out and when I'm done with the car and another USB Lexus or YMB m3 becomes an option I'll do it after I've fully enjoyed what I have now.

Unless you live in a state where trade in value reduces the tax you'll pay on your purchase, I suggest you don't waste money.

hey man, I def see your point. I mean the black is nice too so I'll keep it as is. Thank you for the input. All you guys have been great help thank you!!

Quick Reply: Need red rcf interior. Help me