RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Re-introducing myself: 2015 Lexus RCF Molten Pearl with Carbon Package and TVD

Old 10-07-17, 12:42 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by shadow1118
you need to floor it at least once a week
Yes, indeed. I dropped it into 3rd gear and floored it yesterday while merging on to highway and rocketed past a swarm of cars coming from behind. Though, my wife as much as she loves to hear the noise, freaks out if I accelerate hard LOL
The following users liked this post:
shadow1118 (10-07-17)
Old 10-07-17, 07:41 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Im so happy for you, you don't even know. you really do have the rarest color and perfect packages man. you didn't buy new so you saved hella money, while buying a very well maintained car so its like, honestly couldn't of done a more perfect purchase. well done bro. I was rushed to buy mine (like I couldn't wait anymore) I don't have sport package (tvd) but I have luxury package , so good enough for me. do you have the radar cruise control in your car?
05RollaXRS (10-07-17)
Old 10-07-17, 08:45 PM
rage2
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it has radar cruise.

Congrats again!
05RollaXRS (10-07-17)
Old 10-07-17, 08:48 PM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

that is ****ing lit
Old 10-07-17, 10:22 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Im so happy for you, you don't even know. you really do have the rarest color and perfect packages man. you didn't buy new so you saved hella money, while buying a very well maintained car so its like, honestly couldn't of done a more perfect purchase. well done bro. I was rushed to buy mine (like I couldn't wait anymore) I don't have sport package (tvd) but I have luxury package , so good enough for me. do you have the radar cruise control in your car?
Thanks bro. Yes, everything you can possibly get on RCF, is on here. That is exactly why I waited for the right time and right car. I knew considering how rare RCF is, it is a tall order to get a color from my preferred color palette and with the wheels I preferred. However, I waited patiently for the right time to arrive. Luckily, I got it. There are only two trim levels here. One is the standard RCF with the 20 spoke wheels and the other one is the carbon package with TVD that has the 10 spoke split wheels. I also did not want black, white. My top two choices were liquid platinum or molten pearl.
Old 10-09-17, 09:52 PM
ba2sy
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Congrats! man... First Lexus and it's an RCF like me... It's also one of the rare colors on the street besides Infrared...
Old 10-10-17, 06:17 AM
OURISF
Driver

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Congrats! One hell of a first Lexus. My first was an ISF so I kind of know what your feeling. Look forward to you sharing your experience with the F on this forum.
Old 10-10-17, 06:35 AM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

you need to floor it at least once a week
haha...you mean, "daily for the first 2 months..."...haha...that was me.

Congrats on the new ride and love the color!
shadow1118 (12-26-18)
Old 10-10-17, 06:12 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ba2sy
Congrats! man... First Lexus and it's an RCF like me... It's also one of the rare colors on the street besides Infrared...
Thanks man. I felt RCF was the car for me about 1 year ago. It was narrowed down to just this car. I had initially been thinking about a 2013 E90 M3 sedan, but I dropped the idea after RCF seemed more appealing overall and the RCF V8 revved high enough to meet my high-revving cravings. Having driven both, their V8s seem very similar in character. Both have screamers V8 with very sharp throttle response and need to be revved hard to get the best acceleration, but RCF overall met my requirements much better since I plan on keeping my RCF for the very long term. I was keeping an eye on the market in order to pull the trigger when the right deal and combo came along. I am extremely happy how it worked out. I read all of the reviews over the years, had arguments with others without ever having driven one and now I am not sure why it gets a bad rap since it is an incredible car. Now that I own the car, my biggest concerns were the weight. The chassis and suspension rigidity is to a level that really it does not let inertia throw the weight around. Especially running on the tire pressure I have, there is very low polar moment of inertia. I am coming from a 2650 lbs and 195 HP car that has a highly modified suspension, RCF does not feel heavy to me at all. Again, going by the feel since it is much heavier, but does not feel that way.

I played with the tire pressures a bit and the most perfect one I found was 37 psi rear and 36 psi fronts. It feels very stiff and shrinks around you while driving in S+ mode and TVD in track mode. It really stiffens the tire walls up and the rear is still very lively especially in temperatures below 10 C or 50 F. I was with my wife and daughter and coming out of a strip mall, I put it in S+ and manual (TVD in normal) and gunned it in 1st gear the rear end wagged as the engine screamed up to redline. LOL Being new to RWD, it was still very easy to control. I let off after that since the temperatures were a bit on the colder side (around 45 F) and the rear end was struggling for traction.

Originally Posted by OURISF
Congrats! One hell of a first Lexus. My first was an ISF so I kind of know what your feeling. Look forward to you sharing your experience with the F on this forum.
Thanks. I am not used to this level of attention this car gets especially the gawking to get a good look at the car. The Molten Peal/Carbon and 10 spoke split wheels all come together very well. Before going to office this morning, I decided to stop by in my underground parking garage to check out the RCF before leaving for work and I saw two guys standing next to my RCF and discussion the carbon fiber roof, wheels and how great it looked. I stood behind them and then told them this is my car. They both went "what a gorgeous car man!" and "I love the color" etc. I never expected this.

As I wrote above, I wanted to completely eliminate any squat or tire wall roll laterally so tried a few tire pressures and set on 36 psi front and 37 psi front. The rear end feels extremely stiff with almost no tire roll and the front end still wants to turn-in sharply so it works perfectly for my liking. I will definitely try to write a review before my RCF goes into hibernation for the winter.

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
haha...you mean, "daily for the first 2 months..."...haha...that was me.

Congrats on the new ride and love the color!
Thanks man. I am very happy with the car. My wife and daughter love the car as well. I might be able to drive it a couple of times before it will go into hibernation.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-13-17 at 04:32 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by 05RollaXRS:
ba2sy (10-10-17), Lexura1414 (10-10-17), shadow1118 (12-26-18)
Old 10-11-17, 12:24 AM
boostedGS
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Sick, congrats!!
Old 10-11-17, 10:11 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by boostedGS
Sick, congrats!!
Thanks man. I see you have molten pearl as well.
Old 10-12-17, 03:09 PM
SinisteRCF
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Congratulations and welcome to the Molten Pearl club. I absolutely love this color and very many compliments especially when the right light hits it.
Old 10-12-17, 10:37 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SinisteRCF
Congratulations and welcome to the Molten Pearl club. I absolutely love this color and very many compliments especially when the right light hits it.
Thanks. It indeed stands out so much, I constantly get stopped and asked about this car by people around. It goes so well with the design of the car.

Couple of new pictures

Old 10-14-17, 05:10 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

If I recall, you were eyeing a few RC Fs for a while now, including the one I ended up with. Patience has paid off for you. Congrats!
Old 10-14-17, 05:55 AM
Z3NK1
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

We should meet up for a quick cruise before the snow comes!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Re-introducing myself: 2015 Lexus RCF Molten Pearl with Carbon Package and TVD